Proctitis - is inflammation of the mucous membrane of the rectum.Located in the lower part of the digestive tract rectum joins the large intestine and anus, where fecal matter out of the body.Inflammation can be due to various causes;Symptoms vary depending on the cause of inflammation and strength.Proctitis usually respond well to treatment, except in cases caused by genital herpes, as there is currently no means of herpes.However, in this case the treatment can ease the symptoms and the attacks are usually milder after some time.
• Inflammation of the bowel, which can affect a large part of the lower digestive tract, can cause proctitis.
• Bacterial or viral infection, including dysentery, gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia and genital herpes can cause proctitis.
• Anal intercourse, damage to the anus or rectum, as well as infectious diseases, sexually transmitted diseases, can lead to proctitis.
• Proctitis may appear on the background of injuries, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, sexually tr
• Rare causes of proctitis include tuberculosis, amoebiasis and tissue damage due to radiation.
• proctitis Cause sometimes unknown.
• painful part of the work of the intestine.
• Stress at work of the intestine.
• Pain in the rectum, itching and cramps.
• Blood, filled with pus or mucus discharge.
• Constipation or diarrhea.
• Bubbles or open wounds in or around the anus and rectum (due to viral or bacterial infection).
• Pain in the lower back, difficulty in passing urine and impotence (due to genital herpes).
On examination, the doctor uses to examine the rectum special device - proctoscope.During laboratory tests are determined by types of bacteria that destroy the mucous membrane.For a broader picture assign endoscopy, radiography.
• Your doctor may perform Proctoscope entering fiberscope through the anus to examine the rectum.
• When proctoscopy can be done biopsy tissue lining the colon.
• Make a blood test for syphilis, if it is suspected that sexually transmitted proctitis.
• Produce analysis of bacterial culture of mucus or pus.
Depending on the causes and the individual characteristics of the body or rectal ulcers can be treated easily, or recur and require a more serious approach.
As a direct cause of inflammation, ulcers are certain kinds of pathogenic bacteria, usually being treated with antibiotics.In the case of radiation proctitis corticosteroids used in form of a foam or enema.In cases where you can not determine exactly which bacteria caused inflammation, prescribe hydrocortisone, mezalatsin.All formulations can be administered as solutions via an enema or a suppository.In rare cases, it may receive these drugs in tablet form.
• To cure bacterial infection, antibiotics are prescribed to be taken during the designated period.
• Corticosteroids or mesalamine suppositories (suppository or oral pills) may be prescribed to treat proctitis caused by intestinal inflammation.
• Herpes Treatment is aimed at relieving symptoms.The antiviral drug acyclovir can be established for topical application to reduce the effect of illness and pain, and in oral form in order to reduce the length and frequency of attacks.
• Nonprescription pain relievers can be taken to reduce pain and inflammation.
• Frequent warm baths can ease the discomfort in the rectum.
• Use a latex condom during sexual intercourse to reduce the risk of diseases transmitted sexually.
• Contact your doctor if you have any discomfort or pain in the rectum or bowel if work has become difficult, painful, or you have a chair with blood.
• Prevention of acute proctitis - timely treatment of acute colitis, dysentery and other intestinal infections, hemorrhoids, sexually transmitted diseases, the fight against constipation, etc.(However, be aware that abuse enemas, suppositories and laxatives itself irritates the rectum and can cause acute proctitis.)