Varikotsele (varicocele) - varicose veins of the spermatic cord, is an enlarged, gnarled, swollen (varicose) veins in the scrotum.Vessels are veins which return blood to the heart after the body tissue received oxygen.Along the walls of the veins are valves which allow blood to flow in only one direction.Varicose veins indicate that these valves are missing or become weak or defective and allow blood to flow backward or stagnate in the vein.Varicocele develops when varicose veins are formed in the scrotum;they are not a serious health risk, and in many cases does not require treatment.However, some people have a varicocele can cause infertility.It is believed that stagnant blood may increase the temperature of the testes and stop the flow of blood;all this can stop the production of sperm cells.Infertility can be cured when varicocele remove surgically.Varicocele occurs often enough, about 10 percent of all men.
• Weak or damaged valves in the veins leading from the testes, may cause a varicocele.As
• Sometimes blockage of vein tumor or a blood clot can cause a varicocele.
Contributing to varicocele factors are stagnation in the pelvic organs - constipation, irregular sexual life, hard physical work.
There is a kind of varicocele, which is called "secondary varicocele."Due to the development of a tumor in the abdominal cavity or retroperitoneal space violated the outflow of blood from the veins of the spermatic cord.As a result, and there is an expansion of the venous wall.This kind of disease causes carefully surveyed suffering varicocele, in order to avoid such serious diseases as kidney tumor and other neoplastic diseases ..
• Painless swelling on one side of the scrotum (almost always the left side), which may disappear in the supine position.Swollen area may seem like a lot of soft tubes or worms when it feels soft.
• Pain or a feeling of heaviness in the scrotum in hot weather or after strenuous physical activity.
I stage - varicose veins reveal only palpable straining the patient in an upright position of the body;
II stage - visually defined veins, size and consistency testicles have not changed;
III stage - marked dilatation of veins grozdevidnogo plexus,
reduction in size and change in the consistency of the testicle.
• Examination of the testes, including the soft feeling of the testicles and scrotum doctor to determine the size and consistency of the seals.
• The scrotum may be prosvechena special bright light, to facilitate diagnosis;varicocele is opaque and does not transmit light, while the other anomalies (such as hydrocele or spermatoceles) transparent.
• Ultrasound examination may be required to confirm the diagnosis.
• When taking the infertility semen analysis.
• In many cases, treatment is not required.It is enough to eliminate the cause of stagnation in the pelvis (chronic constipation, elimination of heavy physical exertion, etc.) And everything falls into place.
• Wear a support device for athletes or appropriate shorts, to provide additional support to the scrotum and reduce pain.Elderly people wearing a jockstrap can be very useful.
• Surgery to remove the diseased vein through a small incision in the scrotum can be done to deal with infertility.The remaining veins compensate for remote vein.
There are several methods of treatment of varicose veins of the spermatic cord.All these methods can be divided into three groups: excision veins lifting eggs, as well as the inside vein occlusion (embolization).
indications for surgical intervention in varicocele are the following circumstances:
Violation of sperm quality;
cessation of growth of the affected testis at puberty.
Excision involves removing veins of varicose veins.The complexity of such operations consists in the need to keep venous outflow and thus remove the varicose veins.Operations aimed at raising the testicles can improve the flow of blood from the veins and thus solve the problem.Embolization assumes occlusion of veins internally with special materials.Unlike other methods of transvenous embolization is an effective, safe method.This technique allows the patient to recover quickly after the intervention.
The most common operation is Ivanissevich.Assuming that the cause of varicocele not only reflux for yaichkovoi vein, but also enhanced the inflow of arterial blood to the testicle by yaichkovoi artery, A. Palomo (1949) proposed a bandage with a vein and an artery.In operation Palomo testicular vein ligated together with its accompanying a thin crimped barrel yaichkovoi artery.
suggest using microsurgical techniques to improve vascular surgery results.
Endovascular obliteration of the testicular vein is considered to be an alternative to surgery in children and adults.
With the widespread introduction of endoscopic techniques in clinical practice is performed ligation of internal spermatic vein in recent years by the introduction of the endoscope into the retroperitoneal space at transperitoneoskopii.
• X-ray method (angiography) can be used to stop the flow of blood to an enlarged Vienna and thus block the varicocele.
• There is no known way to prevent varicoceles.
• Regular examination of the testes help in the early diagnosis and treatment of anomalies.
• Consult your doctor if you feel an unusual lump in the scrotum.Although varicoceles are not a threat to the health of all tumors should be examined physician to rule out cancer.
• Consult your doctor if you are concerned that a varicocele can cause infertility.