Inguinal hernia symptoms in men
Hernia - this protrusion of the soft tissue, for example, part of the intestines through a weak spot in a muscle, usually in the abdominal wall.
inguinal hernia - a protrusion of the intestine through the inguinal canal, or between the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall, located on the inner half of the inguinal ligament.Through her testicles descend from the abdomen into the scrotum shortly before the boy's birth.Hernia - a soft formation, which reduce a pressure-sensitive in a supine position.
Men are more prone to this type of hernia due to residual weakness in the inguinal canal, through which the testes descend into the scrotum before birth.However, any weakness in the abdominal wall (as a result of injury, stress, aging or birth defect), may contribute to the formation of one of the two types of inguinal hernias.
In direct inguinal hernia (which is more common of the two types of inguinal hernia), abdominal organs are pushed through a weak spot in the abdominal wall and create a visibl
If the hernia can not straighten back, it is called nevpravimoy;This disease can lead to dangerous complications including bowel obstruction stream content or violation of the blood supply to the intestine (infringement), which leads to death of the tissue.Intestinal obstruction can cause nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and abdominal pain and usually requires prompt surgery.Strangulated hernia is extremely painful and requires immediate surgery.
are two types of inguinal hernia.Congenital (indirect) hernia occurs when the birth of a boy, if the hole in the abdominal cavity of a freer or weaker than normal.Purchase. (Or straight) hernia is called, if it is formed due to a defect in the bottom of the inguinal canal.With age, the tissues are weakened in a natural way, so older men should struggle with constipation, beware of lifting weights.
Regardless of the type of inguinal hernia, intestine may enter the scrotum resulting in the groin and scrotum created protrusion.Since the contents of the hernia is movable, the protrusion is increased, if the person is, and in the supine position is correspondingly reduced.If education is not large, it is usually painless, but as it increased movement of pain.
• A lump in the groin area that can be seen only in a standing position, or at a voltage and which disappears when tilted.
• Pain at the site of a lump, especially when lifting a heavy object.
• Swelling of the scrotum.
• Excruciating pain in the abdomen (if there is poor circulation).
• Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and pain (if there is intestinal obstruction).
• Congenital age or weakness of the abdominal wall.
• Increased pressure in the abdomen as a result of heavy lifting, stress, obesity or pregnancy.
• It usually takes only medical history and examination.A noticeable protrusion in the groin when the patient coughs or strains, confirming the diagnosis of inguinal hernia.
• In simple cases, the main method of treatment is to herniorrhaphy in which soft tissue reduce a back into the abdominal cavity, the weak point is completely sewn up, and a piece of nylon mesh insert in this place, in order to strengthen the abdominal wall.New muscles grow on top of the grid.Now it is one of the safest and most common major operations.Previously required hospitalization for several days stay in a bed and a week of limited activity.Due to improved techniques, the procedure is now often done on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia, and the patient usually returns to normal within a week.
• Laparoscopic surgery (using a lighted tube inserted through a small hole in the abdominal wall) may cause less postoperative pain, although it requires general anesthesia.
• strangulated hernia require surgical removal of the affected part of the intestine, and a stay in hospital for several days.
• trusses, which had often been used, now no longer recommended because it does not prevent the risk of intestinal obstruction or other problems.However, the bandage can be useful for those who are too weak to withstand surgery.
When an inguinal hernia is strongly increased, or causes discomfort, usually recommend surgery.In severe cases, there is infringement of the colon in the inguinal canal, impaired circulation, and gangrene may develop in this part of the intestine.Then, emergency operation is required: the gut is removed from the inguinal canal, and thus narrowing the opening to the hernia can not reoccur.Part atrophied intestine, which was adversely affected by hernia with gangrene development is removed surgically.
Starting position: lying on his back, legs bent at the knees, hands - behind his head.
Movement: raise your right knee to reach him with his elbow trifling hands;return to its original position;raise left knee, reach him right elbow;repeat 50 times.This exercise must be performed within 3 months on a daily basis.
In humans, there is a small channel, going down from the belly along the groin.It placed the seed channel (boys), leading to the testicles, and the canal to the uterus.Therefore, the channel routed the blood vessels and nerves.The channel extends through the muscles of the abdomen wall components.If the hole in the muscles more than usual, it can dent part of the intestine, when the child cries or strains.If the intestine was only part of the channel, it forms a bulge in the groin.If it passes the entire channel until the scrotum, scrotum at the time of greatly increased.Less common inguinal hernia in girls.It appears as a bulge in the groin.
loss - the wrong name for this condition, because it sounds as if the inside of something to break and fall out.Such representation may cause undue anxiety in the mother when the baby is crying.In fact, nothing does not break and does not fall out.Too large hole in the child's innate;so it works.
In most cases returned to the interior of the stomach, if the child is calm and not crying.They may bulge, every time he gets up, or may be omitted, when he was very tense.
Sometimes inguinal hernia "prejudiced."This means that the intestines are stuck and squeezed in the channel blood vessels.This is a kind of intestinal obstruction.Typically, this condition causes severe pain and vomiting.Needed urgent medical care.
infringement of inguinal hernia is most often in the first six months of life.Usually, this hernia, which was not noticed before.Mother perepelenyvaet baby because he was crying heavily, and first notices a bulge in the groin.It is unwise to try to push the bulge fingers.However, waiting for a doctor or vezya child to the hospital, you can put a pillow under his hips to give a bottle with a nipple, so he did not cry, and apply an ice pack (or chopped ice in a stocking) to the hernia.All these measures make the intestines back into the abdomen.
If you suspect your child have a hernia, of course, need to immediately contact a doctor.Today inguinal hernia successfully treated by means of surgery;operations.The operation is not serious, but it is almost always successful, and soon the child gets out of bed.
• When lifting heavy objects bend your knees and firmly onto the object to her chest.When lifting, use the muscles of the legs and keep your back straight.Do not strain, and do not hold your breath while lifting.
• Contact your doctor if you have any symptoms of an inguinal hernia.
• Attention!Severe pain in the lower abdomen requires immediate medical examination;it can be a sign of bowel obstruction or infringement of a hernia.