word "allergy" is derived from two Greek words: alios (other, other) and ergon (action).Thus, people suffering from allergies shows an unusual action or other response.Simply put, with the body is something of those things which should not happen.How to use folk remedies in this illness, see here.
food intolerance are often more difficult to diagnose than a food allergy.Some types of food intolerances substances, such as intolerance associated with lactase deficiency (caused by lack of the enzyme in the intestines of one and manifests itself in the form of abdominal pain and diarrhea after consumption of dairy products), quite objectively diagnosed.Other forms of intolerance - sugars and food additives, for example - are diagnosed more subjective and difficult to confirm the diagnosis.Any product can impute intolerance.
third term - hypersensitivity, or sensitivity - is the same as an allergy.All three terms (allergy, intolerance and increased sensitivity) can be reduced to a single term: "sensitivity
Here is an example of how the allergy.Kids Allison and Danny each drink a glass of milk.Alison smiles and asks for more.Danny skin is covered with spots;nose and eyes had flowing.He may even sneeze, wheeze, and he may have frequent stools.Attentive mother Danny quickly brings the milk to the black list.Danny milk allergy;Alison allergies to milk not.
What is different in the bodies of the two children?Each food product, especially of animal origin, comprising proteins called antigens (allergens, if they have an allergy).These suspicious proteins released into the bloodstream and are perceived by the body as foreign substances, as outsiders.The immune system recognizes these foreign bodies and mobilize their own troops protein, the so-called antibodies.the fight starts.When the antigens and antibodies to agree contractions, it affects certain parts of the body - the target organs, mucosal -Usually airways, intestine and skin.Reactions resembling small explosions, releasing chemicals that cause allergy symptoms.The most well-studied of these chemicals is histamine (hence the cure for allergies called antihistamines), which leads to disturbances in the tissues, causing a release of fluid in blood vessels (a runny nose and watery eyes from swollen eyes), and rash.Sometimes there are spasms of the muscles of the respiratory tract (wheezing).However, the body
Alison milk does not cause concern.Although milk antigens fall in her blood and it may even produce antibodies to them signs of fighting antibodies with antigens or not they appear less noticeable.She does not have allergies.Why do some children have allergies and others do not is not clear.Rather, it is in the genes.
cold can provoke deterioration of patients with other manifestations of allergy.For example, it is well known that patients with allergic rhinitis when released into the atmosphere with the cold air begins to feel worse, they can be enhanced nasal congestion.Under the influence of cold air, they may worsen bronchospasm.In such forms of exacerbation of the disease are not present stimuli, nonspecific factor provocation existing allergic process.
For example, a girl walked in the cold season (40-50-ies of the XIX century..) Without stockings - and their skin became cyanotic, edematous, vascular streaks appeared on his knees.
When you walk in the winter without hats young people deprived of hair on the head (alopecia).
As the song says: color no fluff, no pen.
All the usual allergy symptoms listed earlier.Respiratory allergies are usually seasonal, and the most common symptoms that may appear in your child are as follows:
• clear liquid discharge from the nose and watery eyes;
• sneezing attacks one after the other;
• constant snorting;
• bleeding from the nose;
• indentation on the tip of the nose from the frequent friction (called the allergic salute);
• dark circles under the eyes (allergic lights);
• frequent acute respiratory diseases and / or otitis;
• cough, stuffy nose at night and in the morning;
• noisy breathing at night;
• cough during physical activity;
• incurable cough, often accompanied by a rattling sound or rattling.
allergy or cold it is?In both cases, from small nozzles flows, and small breast torn cough.But if you need to decide whether the child can go to kindergarten, see. "ARI or an allergy?".
Council for detective
If you suspect that your child has an allergy to something in its environment, but you are not sure, make a vacation and go somewhere.If the usual symptoms of your child's allergies will disappear or change, you can be sure one hundred percent that he is allergic to something in the house.
Signs and symptoms of food allergies are so different, how different fingerprints children finger.The most obvious symptoms appear in three places: the respiratory tract, skin, and intestines (see insert in the frame.).These symptoms are most common and easily identified.Other, less severe, and the product is causing the problem is more difficult to calculate.These symptoms affect the central nervous system or brain:
Signs of struggle differ in appearance time: some occur immediately or within minutes;the other in a few hours or days.Baby Susan can eat in the kitchen egg and covered with hives by the time it pre-stomping to the living room, or she may be a rash a few days later.Differ food allergies and severity.You can headlong rush with its setting wheezing child to the nearest branch of "First Aid" in a couple of minutes after he ate a strawberry, or he may be just an unpleasant skin irritation, which requires a treatment time, and the-counter antihistamine-s drug.
Food Allergy, unlike fingerprint change.Most weakens as the child grows;Some cases are sometimes aggravated by;Many disappear completely.In some children, there is a transition from one to the other food allergies: They disappear allergic to tomatoes and they can again safely reach for a bottle of ketchup, but it may appear allergic to mustard.
Sometimes allergy occurs every time a child will eat a certain product;others are cyclical, related to the amount and frequency of consumption of the product.Food allergies also have a threshold, that is, every child has a certain level of sensitivity to this product, and some allergies are related to dose.For example, some children may appear wheezing or hives if they eat only at the tip of a teaspoon of peanut butter.Others do not appear visible signs of allergy to peanut butter, if the limit consumption of this product is one sandwich per week.
Many substances among those that are in the ambient air of the child, are undesirable in the respiratory tract, and the body reacts to unpleasant symptoms that we call allergies.Quest, which starts when the air penetrates into the body allergen, similar to the battle, described in detail in an article on food allergies.Sneezing, wheezing, itching and dripping highlight - that the problems that life is fraught with suffering allergic child.
How to calculate the allergies in your child
First, decide how big the problem is allergies your child.Maybe it's nothing more than an annoying noise, which saves time and mountain handkerchiefs?Or allergy interferes with normal growth, development and the child's ability to live?Being a private detective, your child, try to establish the most likely allergens, which include allergic reactions.There are four main categories of nasal allergens and methods of dealing with them.
pollen. Pay attention to this allergen, if your child's allergy is seasonal, that is, begins when airborne pollen has great content, and on windy days when your friends are allergic too, runny nose and sneezing begins.If the suspicion falls on pollen recorded from outside the house, try the following:
• On windy days, the months when the plants produced pollen, keep your child at home.
• Avoid places where the pollen and other allergens are the most abundant, for example, meadows with flowering herbs and flowers.
• Keep windows closed, even in the room where the baby sleeps.
• To remove pollen, bathe the child before bedtime and wash it
hair;wash clothes, to wash away the pollen.
• Consider purchasing an air conditioner and an air filtration system for the child's room or the whole house if you are allergic heavy.
• Do not hang out bedding or clothes on the street: they become collectors of pollen.
animal dander. followed by suspected domestic cat, dog, bird or neighborhood pets.Perhaps your child sneezes, it begins to flow from the nose or wheezing occur when he is playing with the animals?If the suspicion falls on the dog, or a dog, or a child must drive on the street, or at least not to let the dog in the room where the baby sleeps.While you may think that the allergy causing animal hair, in fact it is dander (skin flakes to crumbling).Most often, the child can play with allergy-free animals on the street without the manifestations of allergies, but it begins to sneeze as soon as the couple begins to play within the walls of the house.Again, as far as is strictly necessary to insulate the dog from the child, it depends on how much allergy bothers the child.If your family a lot of cases of allergy or the child has other allergies, it makes sense before you purchase a pet, give the child a pet and a potential to be together in a room for an allergy test.
• Cover mattress, box spring and pillow allergen-impermeable covers with zippers.
• Avoid pillows, cushions and dumok of down and feathers.Refuse also from kapok or foam rubber (foam rubber in, if it is wet, mold can grow).Buy pillows and blankets, made of polyester.
• Free space for sleeping child from fur;Remove all fluffy and soft toys of the child's crib and out of the bedroom at all if the child has an allergy is very strong.Put them in a garbage bag and blow.Give
such a toy baby kotoruk can be washed frequently.Replace woolen blankets and rugs synthetic or cotton v wash them often.Ventilate the mattress, it Vacuum and wash pillowcases and blankets at least once every two weeks.
• Do not dump things under the bed for storage.
• Move the baby crib or your bed away from the window (if open) and away from air vents.
furniture in the bedroom
Replace upholstered chairs or armchairs with plastic, wood or canvas.
• Put on a wooden or linoleum floor mats and wash them often.Avoid deep pile carpets.
• Do not buy furniture with carved ornaments, where dust accumulates.
• Avoid books and bookshelves, which are major dust collectors.
• Do not use the bedroom as a storage area.
not dumped piles of clothes all over the room.Keep all items and other items in the wardrobes and cupboards and wardrobes and doors kept closed cabinets.
• Lifting awnings or shutters rather than curtains collecting dust.
• Hang up, please, cotton curtains, which are easily washable, but not heavy tapestry curtains.
• Find out how allergenic materials from which the furniture is made.The weak allergen are chipboard, the manufacture of which formaldehyde is used.Check with the manufacturer
All dogs and cats are potentially allergenic, some breeds appear more than others.If your family suffer from allergies, consider whether you buy a goldfish.
Mould. reproduce by spores plants that live in dark, cool, damp places are known as mold.Fungus can be found in the cellar, in the toilet, in the attic, in piles dumped in a clothing corners in the old mattresses, pillows and blankets, in baskets, wet carpets, trash cans, on the curtains in the shower, at the front a soul on the tile in the bathroom(especially in damp corners) and houseplants.Often neglected source of mold, recorded in the bedroom - a humidifier (see about humidifiers and vaporizers.).On the street in some places mold habitat are heaps of wet hay, leaves or the woodpile.
To clean mold a place to sleep and games your child:
• Ventilate and clean all the mold habitats listed above.Use cleaning kills mold disinfectant, such as bleach (keep out of reach of children).
• Close the windows, which are located next to a bush, which grows in the mold or are released into the air pollen.Also, clean the yard from the piles of debris and trim the shrubs.
• Remove the carpet and the wallpaper strip it, soaked from the ceiling leaked recently.
• If you turn on the humidifier all the months that has central heating, is likely to have mold on the curtains or wallpaper.In this case, more often wash curtains, wallpaper and replace.
aggressiveness with which to fight the mold, depending on the severity of the child's allergy.Most people perfectly coexists with a small amount of mold.
Ventilation and cleaning air
• Keep the bedroom door closed, and do not let there pets.
• The mass production of pollen season keep windows closed.
• The air vents with a thrust insert filters or tighten them with gauze;best seal and close them.
• Avoid electric fans: they collect dust and chase it around the room.
• Think about purchasing an air conditioner.It is better to choose the one that is marked with a HEPA (high efficiency particulate accumulator; a high-performance collector microparticles), meaning that it is capable of removing from the air mites waste products, pollen, mold spores, animal dander, and many irritating substances contained in cigarette smoke and vapors.
tips Prove Denia cleaning
• You can not be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner when the child is in the room, because the vacuum cleaners pick up the dust.After vacuuming, ventilate the room.It is better to use a vacuum cleaner with a tank and a water filter to the dust mites and could not go back into the room.It is better to buy a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA markings (high efficiency particulate accumulator; a high-performance collector microparticles), which draws and holds inside invisible dust allergens.
• Wet cleaning is better than dry.
• Wash floors with a disinfectant that kills mold, such as a bleach solution.
• expels smokers from home.
• Beware of other allergens and irritants that may be in the air kitchen smells, deodorants, air fresheners, chimney smoke, house plants, perfumes, baby powder, cosmetics, naphthalene, camphor or other tablets from moths and sprays against insects (repellentsinsecticides, such as mosquitoes).
Only in very rare cases, the parents have to go to such drastic measures to clear the room from allergens.But for children with severe allergies, all of the above activities are required.Talk to your doctor or children's allergist for further advice on the identification of allergies in your child and ways of its prevention.