symptoms of glaucoma
Glaucoma (derived from the Greek word "Glaukos", which means "green") is a disease that is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.Common name of glaucoma - "green water".Glaucoma poses a threat to vision loss due to an increase in intraocular pressure (pressure within the eyeball), because it is too high for the optic nerve.Most often it develops after 40-45 years and occurs in those who have relatives who suffer from this disease.In the early stages of the disease does not cause symptoms, are sick of it do not know.How to use folk remedies for glaucoma, see here.
Ophthalmologists suspect that the most common cause of glaucoma is a partial blockage of the spongy tissue mesh, called the trabecular network.It forms the drainage system for intraocular fluid - a clear fluid inside the eyeball, which supplies nutrients and carries waste from the lens and cornea of the eye (which is not the blood flows).As a result of blocking the outflow of intraocular fluid is reduced (although the mechanism of th
There are two forms of glaucoma: open-and-closure. Open-angle glaucoma, which accounts for 90 percent of all cases of this disease is a slowly progressive disease.On the other hand, angle-closure glaucoma is relatively rare and is characterized by rapid and strong increase in intraocular pressure, often causing clear symptoms such as severe pain in the eye, and the rapid deterioration of vision.
Both types of glaucoma can lead to blindness, damaging the optic nerve;but with early detection and treatment of intraocular pressure can be controlled and prevented severe vision loss.
The first group includes «flickering flies" in front of the eyes and excessively rapid eye fatigue when visual load (in the first place - reading).These manifestations say that your eyes are in danger.
The second group includes the following symptoms.
1. periodic blurred vision .Obstacles to such moments are seen as if through some haze from haze to thick fog.This condition can last from several minutes to several hours and occurs periodically, for no apparent reason.This is due to corneal edema in moments of increased intraocular pressure.
2. bright circles .When looking at the light, you suddenly see around the dark space that is limited by the "rainbow" circle: the closest to the light source it purple, the farthest - the red, and in between all the other colors of the spectrum can be seen.However, the same iridescent circles observed in conjunctivitis and early cataract, but there are signs by which they can be distinguished.When conjunctivitis iridescent circles disappear as soon as the mucus is removed from the eye;when the lens changes, on the other hand, following different consistency.Followed caused incipient glaucoma, are transient in nature and have nothing to do with the formation of mucus in the eye.
3. Headache .Glaucoma headaches often resemble a migraine attack.When glaucoma in one eye in an initial stage of development of pain is quite typical: it appears in the temple (on the side of the affected eye) and is spasmodic, often pulsating character.
D wa symptom of the third group , allows a relatively high confidence suspect at the initial stage of glaucoma.
1. Tearing .This is one of a relatively significant early symptoms hidden glaucoma.
2. apparent moisturizing eye.Symptom appears that the eye, as it were filled with tears;you take the handkerchief, wipe my eyes - but the handkerchief remained completely dry.No tears no, but the feeling of moisture associated with the uplift in intraocular pressure.This is very characteristic symptom of glaucoma - often it is his appearance to give the patient the opportunity to be suspected at the development of glaucoma.
The most common manifestations of glaucoma at an early stage of its development are
Dorzolamide, which was previously only available in the form of tablets, and now in the form of drops, reduces the production of intraocular fluid.Miotics (drugs that constrict the pupil) and agents having affinity for adrenergic receptors, increase the outflow of intraocular fluid.