Useful and therapeutic properties of enemas at home
Application enemas at home conditions can significantly increase the efficiency of the whole complex used in each case, treatment of diseases of the digestive system, relieve patients from the painful sensations constipation, flatulence in the intestines and other disorders, to provide the necessary quality of the preparation of patients for radiological, endoscopicand other studies, carry out the suction of thick poison prevention ulcer that has entered the body at acute oral poisoning.Broad indications for the use of enemas in everyday life is strongly required to include means for their implementation in the home kit every family and therefore get skills to apply this method of treatment.Setting enemas as carrying out other treatment procedures should be carried out strictly in accordance with the recommendation of a doctor.Otherwise, the adverse effects can be unpredictable heavy.Used cleansing, siphon, medicinal and nutritional enema.
should be noted that following the appointment of an independe
By enema include:
- enema warm Vod (40-42 ° C): 1-2 liters for adults and 0.5-1 liters for children;
- enema nice: the water must be added as boiled white soap (better baby, lanolin, velvet, etc...), So that the water opalescent;used for long-term constipation;
- enema with salt: in water, add salt (2 tsp of salt per 1 liter of water, dissolve well..);used for solid feces;
- enema with oil: before the procedure to add 1/2 cup of water table (sunflower, corn, olive, etc.) Or linseed oil or fat warmed paraffin, mixed well and do an enema;used especially for habitual constipation;
- enema with salt laxative: in water added salt Barbara, Karlovy Vary, Morshyn, English (magnesium sulfate) or other laxatives salt in an amount of 1-1.5 Art.l.1 liter of water (if the doctor did not give other recommendations);salt is first dissolved in a small amount of hot water, and then poured into water and cooked for enemas, and mixed well;It is a reliable tool for habitual constipation;
- Enema of vinegar and salt: 1/2 liter of water 1 tsp..salt and 1 tbsp.l.vinegar;It is a very potent agent for long-term chronic constipation in patients with sharply reduced motor activity of the intestine;
- Enema of sepia: 1 tbsp.l.dried leaves of senna pour boiling water (1 cup), cover, leave for 10 minutes, strain and add to the enema;It shows very strong emptying the bowel action;
- enema of chamomile: chamomile brewed as senna leaves, and added to the enema;smyagchayusche acts;
- enema with alum: 50 grams of alum dissolved in 1 liter of warm water;means good action during injection gases.
Small cleansing enemas (150-250 ml) is used to soften the stool (vegetable oil with glycerol), or to facilitate the removal of gases (glycerin).Enema of the vegetable oil is also used after surgery for hemorrhoids or after suturing of the perineum to facilitate the advancement of stool and softening it.Small enema should be done so that the patient is held in the body substance introduced during 30-120 minutes, after which, if necessary, make further conventional enema of water or water with soap.
For small enema include:
- enema from vegetable oil or liquid paraffin, warmed to 40 ° C;the amount of 150-200 g;softening effect.
- enema of glycerol: 60 ml glycerol to 120 ml of water, warmed to 40 ° C;It softens the stool and facilitates the passage of gas;
- Enema of turpentine: 1-2 tsp..at 180-200 g turpentine oil;promotes discharge of gases;Turpentine irritates the mucous membrane of the intestine, so use it in its pure form is by no means impossible.
you need for setting enemas are:
1) tank of fluid injected or irrigator;most often used douches mug, which is a glass, metal or rubber cylinder with a capacity of 0.75 to 1.5 liters with a flat bottom, or otherwise, but drawn to the edge of the nipple - viewing tube;
2) a thermometer to measure the temperature of fluids;
3) rubber tube, a conductive liquid;it should be heavy gauge length of about 1.5 m to 1 cm in diameter and have a valve for regulating fluid entry into the intestine, the other end of the tubing connected to the handpiece;
4) intestinal tube - a tip of 8-15 cm in length;more user-friendly tips are rubber, glass and plastic;tips to use should be boiled;
5) underlayer oilcloth to prevent contamination of the bed;
Liquid enemas are prepared in advance.
patient lies on his left side with his knees pulled up to his stomach to relax the abdominal muscles.If the patient can not move, he laid on his back.Under the buttocks con bedpan, and the sheet is put oilcloth, the free edge of which is immersed in a bucket or basin, in case the patient does not hold water.The mug douches pour 1-1.5 liters of water temperature 40-42 ° C, lift it up and down the tip is lowered to release a small amount of water, and with it, and there is air available.Fill the system, and then, without dropping the cup, close the valve on the rubber tube.Check whether the tip is well lubricated with petroleum jelly is broken and is administered into the rectum previously left hand parted the buttocks of the patient.Insert the tip of 8-10 cm up and down, and then turn a few backward twisting slightly, overcoming the resistance of muscles, locking the anus.If there are protruding mucosal folds or hemorrhoids, it is necessary to introduce the tip between them without touching them.If there are obstacles, the handset rests in the intestinal wall or fecal stone, it is necessary to remove it by 1-2 cm, and open the tap.Mug douches raised to a height of 1 m, and the water under pressure enters the intestine.
When blockage stool tip is recovered, cleaned and injected again.Sometimes stool can be so hard that you can not put an enema.In such cases it is necessary to extract calories from the rectum finger previously put on a rubber glove, lubricated with petroleum jelly.
the presence of gas and the appearance of the patient feels the need to expand immediately lowered the mug below the bed and after passing flatus gradually raise it again.
leaving at the bottom of a mug Esmarch a little water to the intestine does not hit the air, close the valve that regulates the flow of fluid, and gradually removed the tip rotational movements.
desirable that the patient kept in water for 10 minutes.To do this, he should lie on his back and breathing deeply.After the procedure, mug Esmarch washed, wiped dry and cover the top with gauze or towel.
When setting cleansing enema is necessary to make sure that at one time not introduced a large amount of liquid.If the intestine after an enema is not empty, then it can be repeated after a few hours, to complete a bowel movement.
Treatment (medical) enemas are used in cases where the drugs can not be orally administered or contraindicated.Drugs are divided into enema enemas local and general action.The first applied to reduce the irritation, inflammation in the colon, with erosions and ulcerations in the rectum.The second pre
appointed for the administration of drugs into the body.
For 30 min before the administration of drugs to the intestine put a cleansing enema.Content enema dosage should not exceed the volume of 50-100 ml should be warmed to 38-40 ° C.Drugs administered enemas of a rubber bulb (syringe) with a capacity of 50-200 ml syringe with a large, worn by a rubber catheter which is introduced into the rectum or Janet syringe through a rubber catheter.All the tools before the procedure must be well prokipyachen.The end of the rubber tube (catheter tip and others.) should be well lubricated with vaseline.
Microclysters used for insertion into the rectum of therapeutic agents in very small amounts, ranging from a few milliliters.On syringe wear soft thin catheter covering the syringe tip closely.For 30-40 minutes before microclysters put a cleansing enema.Then, when the position of the patient on the side injected lubricated with glycerine or petroleum jelly to the selected syringe catheter.Holding the free end of the left hand, it is inserted into the right tip of the syringe filled with the desired solution, and this solution is slowly squeezed out into the catheter.Further, the holding-gripping outer end of the catheter to prevent back leakage of fluid from it without removing it from the intestine, the syringe is carefully removed, nasasyvayut air into it again, and inserted into the catheter to push it in the remaining liquid flushed catheter.