The Vedic principles of nutrition
1. It is necessary that your food was balanced and diverse.Food should contain carbohydrates (fruits, vegetables, flour and starch products), protein (meat or dairy products, beans and peas), fats (butter or margarine) and liquid at each meal.This will allow you the whole day to be full of energy.Carbohydrates are burned in the first (providing energy for 3-4 hours).Proteins provide energy for the next 1.2 hours and fats are not fully dissipated to the 5th or the 6th hour, t. E. Until the next meal.
2. Reduce your calorie intake and increase their consumption.0.5 kilogram of stored fat equivalent to 3500 calories.To lose 1 kg, it is necessary to spend 7000 calories.In order to lose weight faster and advantageously reduce the fat, rather than muscle mass, increase physical activity, including aerobic exercise such as walking and running.But do not overdo it with weight loss: losing weight by 0.5-1 kg per week - the optimal result.
avoid imbalance in the diet, "caused by the consumption of too few calori
3. Eat less fatty foods.Sharply limit the consumption of grilled meat, butter, margarine, mayonnaise, vegetable oil, sauces, salad dressings, nuts, canned foods, convenience foods, fatty meat products (bacon, sausage, roast beef, sausage), braised beef, lamb, pork, dairy products with highfat content (whole milk, cream, sour cream, cheese, ice cream).
Use vegetable margarine, because it contains more polyunsaturated fat than normal.
Prefer vegetable oil, do not use the skin of birds.However
completely exclude fats is not necessary.The diet of obese people are needed, as fatty foods contributes to a long-term conservation of satiety, reduces the thirst often disturbing these patients.In addition, edible fats inhibit insulin secretion, stimulate the production of enzymes that break down fat in the body, leading to more intense their spending.Thus, fatty foods has a beneficial effect on fat metabolism in the body of patients with obesity, which contributes to weight loss.
4. Use low-calorie salad dressings, limit consumption of processed spices, instead of cream drink low-calorie yogurt, skim milk, eat low-fat cheeses.Keep in mind that each gram of fat contains calories eaten twice as much as compared to proteins or carbohydrates (1 gram of fat - 9 calories, 1 gram of protein or carbohydrates - 4 kcal).
Vary salads for color, size and composition of the pieces of components, try to make them appetizing and nutritious.For example, it is possible to mix different types of lettuce (the darker the leaf, the more it iron and vitamin A), watercress, raw spinach, red cabbage, yellow squash, carrots, cauliflower, green pepper, onion.
Make salad dressings from polyunsaturated vegetable oils - sunflower or corn.
5. Eat less sugar.Refined sugar is contained in foods such as jam, jelly, lemonade, dessert and sweets, candies, homemade cookies, cakes, sugary juices and canned fruits.Stick to one or two sweet dishes a week.Sugar - high-calorie foods, there is absolutely no mineral salts and vitamins.
6. Eat more low-calorie, high fiber and bulk products, such as raw fruits and vegetables (with seeds and skin), boiled potatoes, bread products, meal, bran, popcorn and meatless soups.
eat vegetables raw, steamed, baked.Keep in mind that cooking on the fire reduces the content of vitamins and minerals.
Vegetables and fruits stimulate the digestion and absorption of protein and carbohydrates.Combined with vegetable fats increases the formation and secretion of bile, which is important for obese patients, since they are often marked bile stasis.
Betaine, which is in sufficient quantity in the beet, prevents the development of fatty liver.Sitosterols fruits and vegetables inhibit the transition carbohydrates into fat.In addition, fruits and vegetables - an important source of vitamins, minerals and organic acids, essential for metabolism.
From vegetables those who are sick from obesity, should be more limited in the diet of potato, melon, fruit - pears, grapes, apricots, tangerines, oranges.
7. Prefer lean meats, poultry, fish.If you want to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight is especially important to organize the food so that there was less beef, lamb, pork and cheese.
8. When cooking, use as little fat as possible.Broil or bake the meat on the grill, the fat decanting.For the sauce, eat meat juice after removal of fat.Simmer products on the water and cook vegetables and eat them raw, without any sauces and condiments.Use low-fat substitutes for oil.
9. Limit alcohol consumption.A mug of beer - a 150 "empty" calories.Alcoholic beverages, including beer, increase appetite and promote overeating.
10. Eat low-calorie foods: raw fruits and vegetables, vegetable salads.Drink tomato juice.
11. Every day, drink six to eight glasses of fluid, preferably water.Drink skim milk, rich in vitamins A and D, natural fruit juices.
Try to drink less high-calorie drinks (water, diet drinks or tea).Consumption of caffeine-containing drinks (Coca-Cola, Pepsi-Cola, coffee, tea) should be restricted to two or three times a day.
12. Eat slowly and calmly, in a quiet, pleasant environment.Create an appropriate atmosphere.
carefully chew food and spend at least 20 minutes for each meal.Remember: it required 20 minutes to feel satiated.Therefore, the slower you eat, the less likely to overeat.
13. Soft prefer solid food.Rigid products (for example, apples) require a longer chew than soft (bananas).Psychologically, we need to chew - it alleviates stress and tension.
14. If you suffer from excess weight, follow a balanced diet regime.Try to eat regularly, avoid "impulsive power" - this will avoid the impact of unforeseen circumstances (for example, Sunday and holiday meals).
In order to prevent obesity is recommended to take food 4-5 times a day in small portions, and for the treatment of obesity - 5-6 times a day.This is achieved by reducing the feeling of hunger and increased energy consumption for absorption of ingested food.Most of the food should be consumed in the morning.
The intervals between meals should not exceed 4 hours.Supper must be no later than 3 hours before bedtime.After dinner, take a stroll useful outdoors or perform any work associated with physical activity.
15. Limit your intake of sodium, which is often associated with hypertension.His sources - salt, various pickles, canned beef, pork, sausage, ham, bacon, sausage, cheese, prepared foods, snacks, canned soups and vegetables, sauces.
Soups cook at home the broth in a pinch use concentrates with low sodium content.
16. Avoid unnecessary thoughts about food.Keep foods out of sight is better to avoid any temptation.Serve food on the table plates in amounts that you can afford to, do not expose it to large dishes.
Do not combine a meal with television viewing, reading, or other matter.Finally, try to Poland to concentrate on what and how much you eat, and do not allow yourself to dream about the delicious idols or about upcoming dinners.
17. Try to move more during the day, exercise regularly.Systematic physical activity burns calories, reduces appetite and improves the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
One study found that obese women who continue to gain weight, consume a day the same number of calories as the slender, which completely stable weight.But obese patients underwent only a kilometer walk in the day, and lean - 8 (5 kilometers away burn 200 kcal).
Use the stairs instead of the elevator, park your car far from your home or work locations to pass this distance on foot: walk go to the store, enter the tradition of an evening walk before bedtime.And remember: exercise before meals reduces appetite and helps not only to weight control, but also lose weight.Exercise in the late afternoon, just before dinner, to reduce appetite.Weight reduction by a combination of exercise and calorie restriction primarily reduces the fat content, while the feed without limitation of physical activity results in a significant loss of muscle mass.
18. Try to cope with stress without resorting to food or alcohol.Overeating and drinking too often associated with everyday troubles, or the need to "relax" after a busy day.But for this there are other ways, such as physical exercise, autogenous training or the satisfaction of spiritual needs.
19. Permanent weight control should become a habit.The constant goal - getting rid of the extra kilos and following the way of life which will protect them.A simple but effective way of self - regularly weighed.Reduce body weight should be gradual, not more than 4.5 kg per month.
20. Cultivate a healthy fear of obesity.
These are some of the most desired basic principles of a balanced diet.We have seen that if there is too much, even by consuming a healthy diet, you can start to put on weight and face serious difficulties.On the other hand, if there is too little, it is also worsen the health condition.And finally, if the power is not balanced, even if properly selected energy intake, you may be faced with a significant loss of energy and emotional difficulties that arise due to the lack of certain nutrients.
But, fortunately, there is also the best option: to eat right.Level of vital energy will be high and there will be a solid foundation for active and fruitful work, effective health activities necessary exercises.Thus, you stand on the path leading to his goal of each of us - to the health and physical well-being.