Basics of yoga breathing
The main types of yogic breathing - complete wavy and deep rhythmic breathing.They differ from one another by the fact that a full breath is arbitrary, free, and with a deep rhythmic required to comply with a given rhythm.
Remember: the maximum amount of air inhaled is good only in the form of exercises."Pumped" should not be lungs.The number of deep breathing exercises should be restricted - no more than 60 per day.
begin breathing exercises need to be very careful, even healthy people.During one lesson for beginners it is recommended no more than 10 breaths-exercises.The maximum number of exercises in the first months - 21 (7 exercises three times a day), or 24 (b exercises for 4 times).
process described cycles, consider the possibilities.Some breathing exercises you'll be doing when performing asanas, which are accompanied by deep breathing.Over time, the number could increase to 36 per day.
If discomfort breathing exercise should be stopped.Be sure to analyze the reason for this inconvenience,
Full undulating breath
Full breathing is based on wave-like process: inhale-exhale.It occurs slowly, without strain, accompanied by a feeling of lightness and looseness.
1. Make a slow exhalation through the nose, slightly pulling the stomach (it promotes the complete removal of carbon dioxide from the lower parts of the lungs).
2. Make the initial breath through the nose, slightly bulging belly.Try to imagine that instead of air you draw a nose scented water a comfortable temperature.However, she slowly poured into you, fills the stomach, and the stomach as it is inflated.Initial breath fills the air of the lower parts of the lungs.
3. In the next phase of inspiration you need to experience the "bursting" of the lower ribs and the air fills with the average of the lungs.
4. In the final phase of inhalation filled the upper parts of the lungs and is "bursting" of the chest.At the same time a little belly is selected, and the diaphragm as it props up the lungs.
must now hold your breath for 1-2 seconds, relax the abdominal muscles.
5. Make a slow exhalation, gently pulling the stomach.Wavy full yogic breathing we can H0-divided into three parts, which are presented above as individual breathing exercises.They, of course, are integrated with the full breath.But in order to master the whole process, we must first learn how to perform each phase separately.
Lower (Gili abdominal) breathing
This type of so-called man's breathing.During his muscles involved in breathing, relaxed.So breathe normally people with good health.
Initially, an exhalation, the stomach while being drawn, then a slow breath - the diaphragm relaxes and the stomach bulges as filling the lungs with air.
Once the abdominal muscles will strain belly swell, breath should be discontinued.On the exhale, the belly is pulled back, forcing air out of the lungs.
From the beginning, watch carefully so as not disrupted synchronicity - and exhale breath should coincide with the retraction and protrusion of the abdomen.
At lower breathing filled the lower regions of the lungs, which contribute to only the abdominal muscles, the chest remains motionless.Attention should be concentrated on the area of the navel.
Although abdominal breathing is incomplete, it also has a therapeutic effect: it helps the heart, it provides flow to the venous blood, lowers high blood pressure, stimulates digestion, regulates the activity of the gastrointestinal tract, as if massaging the abdominal organs.
Begin abdominal breathing exercise is best in and out.p. lying.Having mastered this situation, you can go in and out.p. standing.
Sit back on the mat, the mat or a folded blanket, relax, close your eyes and put both hands on his stomach.Inner vision, try to "see" as the stomach is pulled during exhalation, and inspiratory bulging.All the movements that accompany abdominal breathing should be smooth, without any effort.Breathing should be the nose.
average (or rib) breathing
With this breathing filled the middle of the lungs.Practicing it can and zapyat.p. standing, sitting or lying down.Attention is focused on the edges.
Make a slow, steady exhale, then inhale, expanding (feeling of fullness) chest.The abdominal muscles and shoulder girdle remain stationary.
To master this exercise, ask someone from relatives or those who are engaged with you in a group, you compress the lower part of the ribs hands as you exhale, and inhale when expanding the ribs, hands clean.
If you are alone, you put your hands on the lower part of the ribs and exhale gently squeeze them, and inhaling clean hands.Effort will focus your attention, help to expand the ribs.
Exercise mastered so much easier.
It is also called the female and is carried out in the upper lungs.Expanding the upper ribs, shoulders rise up.The air in these parts of the lungs fed little and energy spent quite a lot.
Unfortunately, this breath itself will not bring you health.Therefore, try to connect it to the lower and middle breathing.
Upper breath itself is not harmful, but it should not replace the abdominal breathing and secondary.As an exercise, it is useful to: strengthen the lymph nodes, lungs ventilate the tops.
deep rhythmic breathing
Per unit rate in hatha yoga usually take the blows of his own heart.Beginners should find a pulse on the wrist of his left hand four fingers of his right, close your eyes, count to 10 pulse several times in succession - as long as the rhythm is not engraved in memory.The slight discrepancy between your account and mental shock pulse does not matter.
main thing in this type of breathing, as already mentioned, the rhythm.
take any of the poses for the concentration to perform a deep rhythmic breathing.
1. Slowly retract the air nose, mentally counting the beats.Inhale - 4-6 beats.
2. On 2-3 shock pulse hold your breath.
3. Exhale 6-7 pulse beats.
4. On 2-3 shock pulse hold your breath as you exhale (when the lungs are "empty").
If this rhythm for you folded, cut each phase 1-2 pulse impact.When you have finished the exercise, you must go to the Cleansing Breath.
nuances of deep breathing
one thing to perform breathing exercise correctly, and another - to breathe properly.
First of all it is necessary to clarify that deep breathing is necessary for those who suffer from lack of oxygen.
Have you noticed how often doze sitting fat people?This is due to the fact that voluminous stomach particularly a seated position prevents normal especially typhoid, breathing.Lean ventilation entails brain hypoxia - oxygen starvation. "
In sleep decreases the brain's need for oxygen, and because the fat man falls asleep.That's why people who are overweight because it is important to learn the full breath.
People with bad posture - with a hunched back, sunken chest, sandwiched diaphragm - the same may also be filled with the required amount of light and from which, in turn, the body gets the life-giving oxygen.
lack of oxygen urban residents can feel simply because it lacks the air.But in this case, not every air you can breathe deeply.I advise citizens to pass on deep breathing while walking in the park, in the woods, near the ponds.As food is necessary to the hungry, so deep breathing must be someone who is suffering from a lack of oxygen.But overeating is bad, so bad glut of oxygen.
not break the golden rule of deep breathing - not 'use it to deliver "light.This can disrupt the normal functioning of the heart, or (which is also important) hinder you from hatha-yoga and kill the hope for better health.
difficulty lies in the need to realize the implementation of inhalation and exhalation.Inhale and exhale slowly and without strain;inspiratory air must steady stream "to flow" through the nose into the lungs, and when you exhale - "to pour out" of them.If breathing is disrupted during inhalation or exhalation, it is necessary to interrupt the exercise: breathing should "leak" again, as they say yoga.
1) deep breathing can not hold their breath longer than the designated time;
2) holding the breath for people with weak or diseased lungs is strictly prohibited;
3) delay of breath on inspiration (Kumbhaka) should be carried out particularly carefully and always after consulting the therapist;
4) initially hold your breath only for 10-15 seconds, then add on the second month.