method of ultrasound treatment received in the Soviet Union in the development of the 1960-1970-ies.In those same years were conducted multidisciplinary clinical research on the effects of ultrasonic waves for various processes in the human body.In physiotherapy
started to apply a high frequency ultrasound in the range from 800 kHz to 3 MHz with a wavelength of about 1.5 microns.Ultrasound, in contrast to the usual audible sound, spreading in all directions spherically distributed at certain frequencies in the form of a straight line towards the narrow beams, which ultimately enables a local effect on the pathological lesions in the patient's body.
the above studies, it was found that:
• ultrasound having a frequency of 800 to 900 kHz, penetrates the body tissue to a depth of 4 to 15 cm, with the absorption of ultrasonic wave energy layered tissue structures below the skin accompanied by the release of heat.Furthermore, part of the ultrasonic wave energy is converted into chemical energy arising w
• at the depth location of the sciatic nerve in podyagodichnoy crease (it ranges from 1.5 to 2 cm) half-value detected ultrasound attenuation zone, followed by 2 times of energy;
• reflected from the bone to 40-60% of the energy of the ultrasonic wave thus reflected waves generated transverse to a certain extent complicate the structure of the ultrasonic field and analysis of biological processes developing in pathologic outbreak organism;
• in the soft tissues of the body speed of the ultrasonic wave propagation is from 1400 to 1500 m / s, which is almost similar to the spread of it in any environment;
• dosing of ultrasonic influence on pathological lesions in the body is essential power of the ultrasonic beam, which is measured in watts per second.In physiotherapy evaluated for intensity ultrasound energy density, which is defined as a power of 1 W / s, referred to a 1 cm2 area of the flow of ultrasonic waves.It is expressed in watts per square centimeter.pulsed ultrasound is used in medical practice when ultrasound pulses alternate with pauses, while there are cavitation
with the emergence of discontinuities of the medium, as well as the appearance of cavities, followed by their "slamming".Eventually, the body formed with a sharp substance oxidative and reductive action, acceleration of diffusion and rearrangement of the molecular structures.But when using a pulsed high-frequency ultrasound for influencing the pathological lesions cavitation drastically weaken and disappear.During clinical studies it was found that almost no pronounced and occur only pulsation natural vesicles in biological fluids and increased intracellular and extracellular microflow fluid (biological) at moderate to low-intensity ultrasound to the living tissues because of their high viscosity cavitation, ceasingwhen you turn off the device, generating ultrasound.Thus, ultrasound has a very effective impact on the human body.In particular, developing reflex and humoral responses, on which is based to some extent in the use of ultrasound therapy.