Help the patient sunlight , heat stroke
Sunstroke occurs when prolonged exposure to sunlight on the head or nudity.This gives rise to the expansion of the brain blood vessels, causing the blood rushes to your head.As a result, the ensuing congestion may develop an inflammation of the meninges (up to the inflammation of the brain).
Heatstroke - a painful condition that occurs due to overheating of the body at a reduced or delayed impact of heat at elevated or even at normal Exothermic, leading to a more or less severe damage to the central nervous system.
In severe cases, heat or sunstroke, death can occur as a result of brain edema.
The factors that are conducive to the development of heat stroke include: high ambient temperature, high humidity, lack of air movement, thick clothes, prevents skin evaporation, enhanced physical work in leather clothing or clothing made of artificial tissues, fatigue, limitations on admission of fluid.Contributing factors contributing to the development of heat stroke are obesity, weakened body disease and the
Because of heat and sunstroke caused by overheating of the body and lead to varying degrees of severity of damage to the central nervous system, the clinical picture of both of them are similar, and the provision of emergency assistance in that and in other case there is at one and the same rules.
first signs of overheating are fatigue, lethargy, weakness, fatigue, drowsiness, yawning, nausea, sometimes vomiting.the victim's face is red, he complains of ringing in the ears, darkening of the eyes, headache, dizziness.
If the thermal effect on the body continues, the victim develops terrible symptoms of the cardiovascular, respiratory and central nervous systems of the body temperature rises to 39-40 ° C;
pupils dilate, the pulse quickens sharply to 140-160 beats per minute, while he barely detectable;
breathing also dramatically quickens and sometimes up to 70 strokes per minute, sometimes taking the wrong character (Cheyne-Stokes).
patient becomes pale, the skin with cyanotic shade, cool to the touch and covered with cold sweat;patient opens vomiting;he loses consciousness.Often in such cases, epileptic seizures can occur type.Often, before the coma patient becomes very talkative, delirium, hallucinations, he observed.
In case of continuation of overheating and in the absence of medical care of the patient is increasing dysfunction of the body, and he may die in the next few hours at a very high temperature from respiratory and heart failure.In the central nervous system is observed the development of focal inflammation.In severe sunstroke may develop encephalitis or meningitis.
As mentioned above, when the sun and heat stroke emergency care is provided by one and the same scheme and is reduced to the following steps.
1. The victim should be moved to a cool place in the shade;release from clothes;lay with your head elevated.If the victim marked redness of the skin of the face and pallor of the integument, it must be placed so that the head was slightly lowered down.Thus it is necessary to abandon the quick and sudden cooling.
2. Immediately after that go to the measures to combat overheating.To this end, spend not too cold douche head followed by a compress on the area of the heart, head, large vessels, which are located in the neck and in the groin area.If the victim consciousness is stored, it shows excessive drinking, otherwise do enemas and emaciated patients saline injected subcutaneously two times per day.In very severe cases, conducted bloodletting or lumbar puncture.
3. If the victim is marked respiratory distress, showing oxygen transfer through the mask or artificial respiration.
4. With the decline of cardiac activity prescribed injections of camphor, caffeine, ephedrine.When cardiac arrest shows intracardiac injection of adrenalin and heart massage.Then the patient provide a complete rest and a constant monitoring of the state of the heart and respiration.
5. Appointed detoxification therapy.
patients undergoing heat or sunstroke, which were accompanied by a disorder of the vital functions of the body, need urgent hospitalization in the intensive care unit.the patient's recovery is slow, with the possible deterioration.
In order to prevent the development of heat or sunstroke following precautions:
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight during the warmer months;
• in sunny weather to wear a hat, clothing, appropriate weather;
• carry a sufficient quantity of drinking water;
• comply with the measures of caution while relaxing on the beach in the hot season.In particular, the heat should not just naked and undressed slowly;alternate exposure to the sun and rest in the shade.Northerners, resting on the sea resorts, sunbathe better in the morning and start from sunbathing in the sparse shade and even on cloudy days.Residents of the northern regions and the middle band is best to take a sun bath from 11.00 to 13.00.Persons suffering from cardiovascular disease and aged 55-65 years, it is recommended to stay in the sun, direct sunlight is not more than 20-30 minutes a day, older
recommended not to be exposed to direct sunlight at all and take an air baththe hottest time of the year to 11.00 am and after 16-17 hours;not recommended to take a sunbath on an empty stomach, immediately before a meal or after a meal;sunbathing better finish showering or bathing, resting in the shade;
• During operation, the long marches and campaigns necessary to organize vacation in a shady place during the holidays, it is desirable to bathe or douche;Clothing should be light and natural fabrics, air-permeable;
• for working in hot and stuffy rooms certainly arrange ventilation, provide workers with drinking water as well as liquid, ensuring the maintenance of water-salt balance in the body (such as weak tea, kvass, salted tomato juice and OE) and water retentionthe body, in sufficient quantity;suit shower room;
• for living and working in hot climates should be organized workday hook to the ground while working and lunch were in the cooler times of the day;
• Avoid drinking alcohol in the hot time of the day, as it disrupts the thermoregulatory system of the body, which can lead to heat stroke.