Terms of complementary feeding
Even with sufficient quantities of milk from the mother, the child is 5-6 months of age must enter the lure.
Lure - additional type of food of animal or vegetable origin.Its composition, taste, form of administration are very different from breast milk.It contributes to the development of the masticatory apparatus, it stimulates enzyme systems gastrointestinal tract and prepares the child to weaning.
1. Lure introduced only a healthy baby, after increasing its body weight 2 times, 5 months.
2. The lure must be preceded by breastfeeding, because at that time all the most active enzyme systems.Start with complementary foods should be 5 to 10 grams and gradually (within 2 weeks) to increase the volume of dense complementary foods up to 150 g in the second half of the child's life lure should not exceed 180 g
3. A new kind of foods are allowed to enter only after the habituation of the organismchild to the previous.
4. Do not make the same kind of feeding twice a day.
5. Food foods should have a soft, smooth consistency and does not cause the child's difficulty in swallowing.
6. With age, to move towards a more dense, then - dense nische that will help teach a child to receive food from a spoon and chewing foods.
7. Lure is given in the form of heat, spoon in the child's sitting position.
8. It is not appropriate to combine in one breast or two solid two liquid meals, they need to be alternated.
9. With the introduction of complementary foods is important to observe the child's chair.If the chair does not cause difficulties and troubles and remains normal, the next day the number of foods can be increased.Introduction of the first feeding should take 3-4 weeks.Then allowed to introduce a second kind of foods with the necessary respect for fundamental rights - of gradual and orderly introduction of new products.
10. It is not allowed the introduction of complementary foods at the same time carrying out preventive vaccinations.
Since 5 months in the diet of baby food is introduced first meal foods - vegetable puree, which is gradually replacing the one feeding breast milk as the baby needs in mineral salts (potassium, iron), organic acids, pectin and fiber, which normalize the chair.The best is the introduction of one type of vegetable mashed vegetables, gradually moving to a mixture of several vegetables.It is important to pay attention to the degree of grinding.Purée the first vegetable foods can be cooked zucchini, carrots and potatoes.
After 3-4 weeks after the first feeding, and replace one feeding on vegetable puree can introduce solid foods cereal (milk porridge).It should be encouraged to gluten-free cereals - rice, buckwheat and corn flour, so as not to provoke the children of the first months of life, the development of celiac disease, so it is not necessary to start solid foods with semolina.As cereal foods are convenient instantons dry cereal, for cooking that only need to mix dry powder with warm boiled water.
Cottage (at a dose of 3-5 g / kg body weight) and egg yolk should be given not earlier than 6 months of life, as the early introduction of a foreign protein leads to the development of allergy, shock functionally immature kidneys, metabolic acidosis and dismetabolic nephropathy.
With 7-8 months in the child's diet should be administered raw ripe fruits and meat in the form of minced meat (rabbit, turkey, beef, veal, lean pork) in an amount of 3-5 g / kg body weight.
In 9 months allowed in the diet of baby meatballs in the same amount, to 1 year - steam cutlets.It is recommended to use the canned meat baby food industrial production, produced in glass containers.Canned meats are divided into pure meat and cereal.Available canned meat with varying degrees of grinding: homogenised (8 months), puree (8-9 months) and krupnoizmelchennye (10-12 months).The last two species differ in the degree of grinding, the presence in them of spices, they may be replaced as water for broth.Most canned foods are enriched with iron.
broths should not include in the diet of the child up to a year, as they contain a lot of purine bases, which leads to damage of functionally immature kidneys.
soups are prepared in vegetable broth.The food should be salted: the infant's immature kidneys, bad excrete sodium.The vegetable purees produced by industrial methods, the sodium content must not exceed 150 mg / 100 g, in mixtures of meat and vegetables - 200 mg / 100 g
From 8 months as feeding can be given yogurt or other dairy mixture.Unreasonably wide use of yogurt in the first months of life can lead to a violation of the acid-base balance in the body of the child, acidosis and create an additional burden on the kidneys.
is not recommended to plant curd yogurt because it dramatically increases the amount of protein drink.Curd should be used with fruit or vegetable puree.
With 9 months of the child 1-2 times a week instead of meat can give a lean fish: cod, flounder, Pacific saury, walleye.In the intervals between meals your child may be offered fruit juices without sugar.
With 1 year in the diet of the child can be turned salted cheeses.They are rich in protein, calcium, vitamins A and Group B.