Babies, like adults, need help when they hurt.But unlike adults, they often can not tell you where it hurts them or what they need.Bruised hand will be enough of such treatment, such as "I kiss and everything goes", but if the child sickly, he needed more.Sick children naturally begin to cling to adults seeking help to a person who is trusted.They also expect from you that you know what is wrong and fix it.Be prepared for the fact that the patient is a child behaves worse.Do not take to heart if the child has a hand that holds it.Sick babies need a lot of patience.
Symptoms You Need To Know
Although children who are not yet able to speak, can not tell you where it hurts them, their bodies are
honest mirrors reflecting their status.When a child is sick, he behaves like a sick child.
Heat. main, but not the unmistakable landmark: if the child does not have a temperature, it is not a very serious condition (ear infections, or otitis, are the exception).However, the degree of temperature rise in mos
peaky. This term means that a child is a very painful form closing, swollen eyes;sad expression on his face;pale skin;and his face lost the provocative sparkle that you prefer to see.
Apathy. During illness young children are moving a little.Sick children are behaving sluggishly, as if redirect its energies from the movements of recovery.If the child is quiet and depressed from time to time to sleep, and then wake up, and it seems that it became easier, it is common for most minor illnesses.And here is a growing apathy - "I think that if my child is absent" - deserves to be a doctor to report it.
changes in behavior. Although some children during illness behave sluggish and apathetic, others become irritable and moody and alert the world that they feel bad.Reduce the time to disease their standards of conduct.A child who is not feeling well, can not behave well.Find out how your child suffers pain.Some children are protesting loudly at the slightest pain;other silently tolerate even the most severe torment.
acceleration of the body's work. When a child is sick, especially if he has a fever, he often breathes, and you can hear fast, loud heartbeat Seeders (too fast, so that they can easily be counted).This is the body's natural mechanisms to combat infection and the impact of excess heat.But these symptoms normally disappear acceleration when the temperature falls.Rapid heartbeat and rapid breathing, which are observed even after a fever indicate a more serious illness.
bowel protest. Many viral infections accompanied by diarrhea.Many inflammatory processes in the throat, chest and ear buds are accompanied by vomiting.A case of intestinal infections of the reaction may be at both ends of diarrhea and vomiting.Except for the fact that during his illness the children are usually more often applied to the chest, the majority of sick children eat are not many.Although recurrent vomiting during an illness is normal, uncontrollable vomiting (especially against the background of increasing lethargy and apathy) is an alarming sign and deserves to call the doctor.
Tender loving care:
your child recover
Below are proven home remedies.Most of them are discussed in more detail in the next article.
Peace.Wise body says, "Rest when you are sick," - as if, in order to direct all the energy to fight the disease.Social and economic pressures often makes adults to listen to your body, but the children freely and wiser;they rest when sick, without any counteraction on your part.The patient's head, upset stomach and chest appressed not like shaking.Organize a quiet chat in the bed, a massage, back rub, a quiet read a story, sing together or watch a videotape of the child nestled in her lap.
Help nature.During the illness of young children do not need to keep locked up.Fresh air
useful baby, and also helps to not go mad sitting in the four walls of the nurse.Dry, stale air aggravates the condition swollen airways, so thoroughly ventilate the room.Drafts do not cause colds.Fresh air and sunshine are useful to the patient - and the nurse.Bear a child on the street in a bag or take out in the stroller and enjoy the mental and physical lift, which gives nature.
drink, drink and drink again!The child's body is enough water when he is healthy.He needs more water when it is sick.Heat, sweating, rapid breathing, vomiting, diarrhea, sneezing, coughing, watery eyes and reduce the desire to eat or drink - all this leads to dehydration (excessive loss of body fluids).This condition alone makes the already bad state of health of the child worse.Resort to these tips to saturate the body fluid:
• Method "by sip, a piece of" better to give small frequent sips of liquid.If your child drinks too much fluid too quickly, it is likely all come back.Fruit ice (frozen pieces of fruit or juice at home) and pieces of ice - the key to victory.
• Clear soups: Medical studies have confirmed the wisdom of my grandmother - chicken bul Feeding baby before anesthesia
Until recently, it was the rule not to feed babies for eight hours before anesthesia for fear that they may inhale stomach contents into the lungs.New research, however, showed that there is no need to starve anesthesia child hunger and that it may even weaken the body.Children's anesthesiologists are now recommended to give your child juice, infant formula or breast milk for four hours before anesthesia.Since breast milk is quickly leaves the stomach, if you feed the child breast-four hours (some anesthetists allow even do it for two hours) before anesthesia, it does not create any danger, but only to calm the child and provide him with a comfortable feel.
it really useful for colds (researchers believe that the active ingredients of this magical means are pairs that clears your nose and fluid, preventing dehydration).However, it is salted or cooked in soups bouillon cubes can exacerbate dehydration.Slightly salty canned soups are quite suitable;homemade is best.
Feed the patient. Children may refuse to eat when sick, but they need more fluid to prevent dehydration and extra calories to cover the increased energy consumption.The answer lies in the liquid food.Try these tips to resort to feeding the sick child:
• Offer him small portions more frequently: half to two times more often.
• You can make smoothies from fruit juice, a small amount of sherbet, protein powder, yogurt, mashed potatoes with fresh or frozen fruit and a spoon of honey (over the year for a child).Suggest slowly pull the drink through a straw.This cool fruit drink - the best friend of a sore throat.
• Vegetable soup with chicken and sve-zheotvarennye soft vegetables can easily slip through a sore throat.
Healthy sugar. What you now it is absolutely not necessary, because it jumps in blood sugar content in the already irritable and unhappy child.Give your child sugar, fruit and pasta, which are good sources of slow-release sugars.And there is nothing wrong if you temporarily weaken his rule of "no sugar", if all agree to eat or drink a sick child - a sweet nonsense, which you usually banned.
Each profession has its bad side, and even though in all other aspects of caring for a child is full of joy, this work is to give the child medication is probably at the bottom of the list of parental pleasures.Of course, the drug would not be useful, if you give it wrong, and it is absolutely no effect if poured it on the floor or on your gown.
Get to know your medicine
This is what every home should be a pharmacist to find out or know about children's medicines:
• Ask your doctor to explain to you what is the prescribed or recommended nonprescription medicine.What is the basis of his action?This antibiotic, decongestant or cough syrup?You need to understand why you are giving it to your child means.
• Find out what kind of drugs can have side effects.Ask your doctor what symptoms to look for.For example, a rash resembling hives means that the child is allergic to the drug.Vomiting and diarrhea or abdominal pain does not indicate an allergy, but may need to change the dosage or form of the drug, or even go to another
medicine.Other reactions include swelling of the eyelids or the joints, or irritability.About all the reactions reported by the doctor.
• In the future, write down all of your child's reaction to the drug, and keep a list of medications that your child can not tolerate or do not agree to accept.Tell them about the doctor who prescribes the medicine the child, because he can not be your child's card.
• If your child has a chronic illness, and he regularly takes medicine, remind your doctor of any medications the child is taking at the moment.Ask whether taking these medicines safely at the same time that you are registered by the doctor.With the exception of some funds from asthma, most commonly used medications for children can be taken simultaneously.
• Find out how the medicine should be stored - in the fridge or not.Also find out how much medication can be stored and be sure to look at the expiration date on the package.Medications that have expired throw.