Lowering the temperature of the child
lowers the temperature at child - still that cool the air in the house.Suppose you have at home is too hot.First of all, you rearrange the thermostat to lower the temperature to the heating system was not included so quickly (or even disable the heating system).That's valid antipyretics such as aspirin and acetaminophen.They reduce the production of heat, the thermostat switching in humans.Then you while opening the windows to let out excess heat out.This is how you chill the body of his child, taking the child's clothes and planting in the tub with a barely warm water.And you follow these processes reduce heat and heat until you in your home or your child will not be comfortable.
Suppose, however, that you have opened the window without turning off heating or resetting the thermostat.Heating will continue to generate heat to maintain the temperature set on the thermostat, and the house is still hot.Or suppose you disable heating.But do not open the window - the house would be cool, but not as fast.Wh
Point one: give your child antipyretics
Acetaminophen replaced aspirin as an antipyretic alternative for infants and young children.It is safer than aspirin, and is equally effective.Three danger to children, which are hidden in the aspirin - a possible link with Reye's syndrome, irritation of the digestive tract and a narrow line between effective dose and dangerous - in the language of pharmacists, which means that the dose of that benefit, is very close to the dose that bringsharm.Acetaminophen
begins to lower the temperature for half an hour and gives the maximum effect in reducing the average temperature of 1,7 ° C, approximately two to four hours after administration.But very rarely Acetaminophen reduces the high temperature to a normal level.Here's what else you should know about this drug.Child
• acetaminophen released in liquid form (drops, and syrup), in powder form, chewable tablets and suppositories (candles).For children under one year is easier to apply the drops;syrup and powder are meant for children aged one to two years, and chewable tablets for children over two years.Suppositories help out if the child vomits, and he was not able to hold the drug, if you give it orally, but antipyretic effect in this form of the drug is less stable than other forms.
• Pay attention to what form of medication you give.For example, acetaminophen and syrup drops have different concentrations.If you use a pipette (which is produced exclusively for the drops) to give acetaminophen syrup, you give a child too little;if you will measure a teaspoon of the drops, then give the child too much.
• An overdose of acetaminophen for children is unlikely because
require ten to fifteen recommended dose for one admission to the child fell ill.Research has shown that many parents give their children too small dose of acetyl-minofena.
• There is nothing wrong if you first give the child once a double dose of acetaminophen, in a case where the child has very severe pain or discomfort he feels from a very high temperature.
If you are unable to bring down the temperature of acetaminophen, your doctor may advise you to give ibuprofen, antipyretic, which may be more effective than acetaminophen.
second point: the heat release
Giving the child the correct dose of acetyl-aminofena and thereby reducing the production of heat by the body, the next step you need to let out excess heat.Here's how to do it.
Dress your baby accordingly temperature. Not too undress the child and not too wrapped up.If your child wears too easily, it strengthens the chills, and if it perekutat clothing traps heat.In summer, it is best to let the child walk around the house and to sleep in a diaper or, in extreme cases, in a light, spacious cotton clothes.This allows excess heat to move from your child's body in the cooler air.Once I heard in my adopted mother and grandmother were arguing over whether to wrap or strip should be a child who has a fever.Grandmother admonished the young mother: "Wrap it more into something warm, or he will catch a cold."Mother retorted: "It's already cold.Jaru need to go outside. "
This is one of those rare cases where the mother's wisdom prevailed over grandmother's wisdom.Excess clothing traps heat;it is like to throw in the house in which the already hot blanket.My office has repeatedly brought temperaturyaschih children, wrapped up like little Eskimos.
necessary to cool down. This refers to your home, your child and yourself.Open the child window or use a fan or air conditioning.Cool air is better absorbs the heat that comes from the hot body of your child.A small draft will not harm your child.As your child with temperature can go out.Fresh air him only benefit.
poite liberally. heat makes you thirsty.Sweating and panting lead to the fact that the body loses fluid, and it is necessary to restore it.Let the child all day sucking lollipops and little nutritional drinks cool, sparse drinks.Breastfeeding - a good source of fluid and comfort.
temperaturyaschih Feed the baby. When the body temperature rises, your body is working at an accelerated rate, releasing excess heat and burning fuel, which is required podzapravlyat child in the form of nutritional calories.Usually children do not want to eat when sick and have a fever, but they need to drink.Your child may give up heavy, fatty foods.It is difficult to digest, since the work of the digestive system at a high temperature slows down somewhat.If the child will have little goodies
and sip drinks throughout the day - it will be a healthy diet for a child with a high fever.Caloric cocktails (.. Strawberry milky milky-orange, etc.), and satisfy the requirement for food, drink and the need for - and they cool.
Cool baths. If a child of 40 ° C or higher, or if the temperature is already tired of the child, put him on a belt in a little warm water.Adjust the temperature of the water that it was just so warm that the child feels comfortable.Children who are feverish, usually protesting against the cold water, and it only gives them chills, which increases body temperature.If a child's body is water, it accelerates the cooling through evaporation.Seat the child in the tub, walk over his body with a sponge, to increase blood circulation in the skin and increase the heat.Keep this sponge bath ritual as a child will tolerate.It usually takes at least twenty minutes to bring down the temperature by one degree.After the bath, pat the baby's skin, but leave it slightly damp, so that the water evaporates, increasing the cooling effect.If after an hour or two after a bath temperature of your child again rise sharply, it's time to put it back in the tub and perform the ritual of wiping sponge.
Here are a few tips for the bath:
• Be sure to how to put the baby in the tub, give him acetaminophen.If he starts to shake, his temperature would rise again after a cool bath.Acetaminophen reduces this reaction.
• If you put in the tub screaming child, he only further temperature jump.Instead, try to sit in the bath with him and entertain the child his favorite floating toys.
• Try to stand with the child under a little warm shower - it can bring even greater effect than a bath.
• Do not try to lower the temperature to the alcohol baths.Alcohol can be absorbed through the skin of the child, or it may breathe its vapors into the lungs, which can only bring harm to the child in both cases.In addition, alcohol constricts blood vessels in the skin, thereby reducing the impact of heat and contributing to the rise in body temperature.