nose injuries in children
Be prepared for a strong fall and flattened nose during the time when the child grows.Fortunately, in most cases, a child's nose and recover from shocks without deformation.The nose has a remarkable device and performs damper function, so as to face punches do not lead to head injuries.When nose comes into contact with a solid surface, the nose flattened as thin nasal bones apart in different directions.If your child is flattened his nose, do the following:
• Apply to the nose of the child an ice pack, lightly pressing on the bulging bloated land on both sides of the nose just below the inner corner of the eye.Keep the ice for at least twenty minutes, or for as long as the child will tolerate.The sooner you apply ice and the longer you keep it after the injury, the less will be shot.
• Seat the child upright, leaning forward to less blood gets to the back of the throat.
When you need medical care
In most cases, flattened noses do have a fracture, but almost always reduce a bone themselves, very q
treatment.Broken noses children rarely require reduction.
«What finger do you pick your nose?" That's the tricky question I ask the kids.(If you ask: "Do you pick your nose" - is sure to get to the answer: "No".) Nasal bleeding caused by picking the most frequent in seasonal allergies, because the child scratches the already inflamed nasal mucosa.Central heating dry out the air and irritate the nose, which explains nosebleeds during the winter months.Ba-porizator included in a child's bedroom during those months, which has central heating, is to eliminate the cause of the bleeding.If the nasal discharge with a cold dry up and become scabs, you will have long to wait for that moment when the little finger would be in a small bow, which will be followed a little bleeding.If the drip saline nose drops and maybe a bit of softening lotion, crisp fall behind and bleeding can be avoided.
Here's how to stop nosebleeds:
• Place the child on his lap, gently tilting it forward.
• Squeeze both nostrils together and hold for at least ten minutes.In most cases, the blood flows from the blood vessels penetrating the nasal septum.For best results, push down on these vessels, putting in bleeding nostrils twisted pieces of wet wool to block the nasal passages about two-thirds the width.If you then compress the nostrils, without removing the wool, it will put pressure on the nasal septum.
• If this does not stop the bleeding, squeeze the large blood vessels that supply the nose, which are located in the place where the upper lip is connected to the gum, just below the nostrils.Put a wet wad of cotton wool under the upper lip and push two fingers in an upward direction by putting your fingers under the lip, or press down with one finger on the upper lip just below the nostrils.
• Hold your baby in an upright position, so that the blood does not flow into the throat, which can cause vomiting or sneezing.This may dislodge the blood clot and then the bleeding resumes.
• It is necessary that the child kept his mouth open to sneeze or cough, do not affect the nasal cavity, and this keep open his own mouth.
• Once the blood stops, leave the cotton wool in the nostril for a further three to four hours as a tampon.Remove the cotton swab PICs-goad (moisten with water, if prisoh), being careful not to tear the clot, or bleeding resumes.
If the child is older, you can leave the pad for a longer time, as less fear that the child will choke swab.
• If these measures do not stop the bleeding, take the child to the doctor or to the emergency room.
• To the child is not picking his nose, his short cut the nails, increase the humidity in the room and treat respiratory allergies.
Foreign body in the nose
Young children love all the stuff, and the nose - a very convenient place for this.Over the years I have learned from children's noses wide variety of subjects.Most popular: beans, peas, pieces of wool and small pebbles.Surprisingly, children rarely complain of a foreign body in the nose, but you have to suspect that, if you notice foul-smelling yellow discharge from the nostrils one (colds flows from both nostrils, and the allocation does not smell).To remove the child from the nose foreign object, try the following:
• If you see the object, try to remove it with tweezers with blunt ends.(Tight swaddling can be useful here to secure the child's hand and do not let them bother you.)
• If the subject is too far away, deep in the nose, squeeze the free nostril and ask your child to sneeze with your mouth closed.This thing can knock out.
• If the subject is soluble with water, such as a piece of candy, take your child into the shower and let the steam will dissolve the candy.Or drip in the nose drops a little salt to the subject they are softened and reduced its size.
If you can not remove the object above methods, take your child to the doctor or to the department "Ambulance", where the doctor will be able to get the foreign body special tools.Do not let your child lie down on his back to sleep until the foreign body is still in his nose, because the child can breathe it into your lungs.