Medical help for allergies
How much time and energy you are willing to give of elimination depends on the severity of your child's allergies.If in your case an allergy - it's just a little trouble, and she was not particularly concerned about the child, by the time you pass by process of elimination all products, your child is likely to have still will grow out of allergies.However, if your child is severely affected by food allergies, should, in consultation with an allergist with experience in the treatment of food allergies, do whatever is necessary to establish a food allergen.
Blood tests, called radioallergosorbent tests, conduct useful, but they do not reveal the food allergy by 100%.These tests measure the level of antibodies in your child's blood to certain products.If your child has very high levels of antibodies to milk, it will at least help you to identify milk as a possible allergen.Skin tests for children over three years also help to identify food allergies, however, laboratory tests should be used solely in conju
rarely need to provide treatment based solely on laboratory tests.Food allergies, like most of the troubles of childhood, weaken, or pass with time.
PESTICIDES: how to protect their infants
«! An apple a day - and the doctor away" This proverb may not be entirely true.After studying the issue of pesticides, we felt an irresistible urge to move the whole family in a less polluted place (if any still remain), to plant their own garden, milk their own cows and drill a well to produce pure water.Instead, we thought and decided that there are ways to not only live with this problem, but also to purify the food we give our children.The following information is not intended to intimidate the parents, but only to acquaint them with the situation and encourage the adoption of decisive action against this potentially dangerous problem concerning our children and our future grandchildren.
Why food chemicals and children are incompatible
What we poison pesticides food we eat themselves, already bad, but eating habits of young children and their development pose the following additional problems:
• Children do not eat as adults.They consume a proportionally greater amount of poisoned food per kilogram of body weight than adults.Children and infants are consuming a lot more fruits and juices than adults.In addition, they do not eat many foods that are eaten adults, often taking only apple juice, for example, for three consecutive days.According to estimates of the Natural Resources Defense Council, babies consume apple juice three times more than adult women.
• Today's children are exposed to toxic chemicals over a long period of time, so their health at greater risk than adults to health.Researchers believe that prolonged exposure to toxic chemicals can have a cumulative effect.
• Researchers believe that the rapidly dividing cells of the baby and the child more susceptible to the carcinogenic effects of pesticides.
• Do not neurotoxic pesticides may do more damage in the first two years of life, when the child's brain is growing at the highest speed?
• Underdeveloped liver baby may have limited ability to neutralize the toxic chemicals.
• In children, especially in infancy, in the body proportionately more fat than adults.Pesticides are held in the fat.
In 1990, the Natural Resources Defense Council published the results of a comprehensive analysis ever conducted - the analysis of pesticide residues in baby foods.This study found sixty-six potentially carcinogenic pesticides in products that can eat a child.Researchers have found that children are four times more prone to the effects of eight of these carcinogenic pesticides than adults.