Safe for children houseplants

June 12, 2016 23:02 | Courtship Care

you log in to your living room decorated with flowers, and see that your child is one year old sucks some leaf.Poisonous?You suddenly realize that you do not know.Fearing the worst, you are a child in the emergency room.The duty nurse asks you the reason for your visit.You answer: "He ate a leaf.""What list?" - Asked the nurse.Delivered to a standstill, you realize that in a hurry left the plant at home.You return

home and now rushing to the emergency room with a pot."What is it?" - Asks the nurse this time.Blushing, you admit, "I do not know."Unnamed flower is on the hands of medical personnel, and every employee says something like: "I think it is ..." - but no one is sure."Where did you get it?" - Inquires patient nurse, hoping to find at least some clue."Aunt Mary" - a barely audible murmurs you.

Know your plants

You have to understand what is meant by "a poisonous plant".Many plants are poisonous, but some more so than others.Many plants are referred to as "toxic", when all the problems cause

d by them are reduced to burning in the mouth, indigestion and vomiting without any health effects.Other plants can be fatal.Fortunately, the leaves of many poisonous plants are so bitter taste that children are rarely tempted to eat a handful.Buying a plant, make sure that it was a plaque with the name, and leave the plate in place.Ask the expert, this plant is poisonous or not, and if poisonous, how.If the plants do not have labels with the name and information about toxicity, do not buy it.If you give a flower, leave it on the identification plate.If the plant is presented to you, ask where it was purchased.Gather information about your green friend, before allowing him to the family circle.If the plants do not have the labels, cut a twig and bring in a nursery or greenhouse for identification.

Caution: Some plants are so toxic that they can not be grown in the home garden or - for example, oleander.Others may be less toxic, and it is possible to keep in the house, in inaccessible places for a child.It should be understood, however, that the wording "in inaccessible for a child places" means that children can not reach the top shelf, but in fact are, and that leaves do not fall to the floor, the child into the hands of what they actuallydo.

teach a child that you can not have a home and garden plants

If you can throw out all the poisonous plants of your own home, at home, in which you come as guests, may not be as focused on children.For example, the grandmother can now take to decorate his house those colors, which had long dreamed of, but who could not afford while you were little, because they are dangerous.By the age of two, children can understand words such as "burning", "ah", "sick."But do not count on the fact that two

Secure home and garden plants

Accidental Exposure to these plants usually

not require medical

assistance. Caution: This list can only be

general guideline.For pre

polnitelnoy information contact your doctor or local toxicological

cal service.

amaranth or amaranth

Gypsophila or

Tulip

Aralia

tumbleweed

FatsaJapanese

Araucaria raznolist-

Chinese rose

Violet

tion, or high,

Cleomenes, or pauchnik

Ficus elastica

or Norfolk fir

coleus

forsythia

African or

Laurus

Hoya fleshy or

uzambarskaya, violet

snapdragon

waxy ivy

Bamboo

Mimosa shy

Chrysanthemum

Marigolds

Molodilo

Plectranthus

Winepalm chamber

Mint

Eucalyptus

Ryota or burning chamber

Nissa

yucca or manioc

Ryota tender

Marigold

Gardenia, or droplets

Dandelion

non-poisonous berries:

ENGLISH jasmine

Fern

Barberry Kalina

Carnation garden

(most species)

Mimulus

peperomiya

Dogwood

Ornamental pepper Dracaena, or dragons

saw

Poinsettia or young

Rowan liquor or ordinary

new tree

beautiful tea *

Honeysuckle

Rose

Recent studies have shown that previously considered poisonous as practical

cally all euphorbias, poinsettia, or poinsettia, is not dangerous, and in the worst

shemcase causes only mild intestinal disorder.

year old kid will remember your teachings.Baby is still the best method of prevention.

If your child has eaten

plant Even if your child ate just one piece of paper, do the following.

Inspect child. Check that the child in the hands and mouth, looking for pieces of the plants, then you can determine whether the child ate anything.Most often leaves a bitter taste makes the child immediately spit out the sheet, not swallow a bite.Examine the baby's hands, eyes and lips for redness or blisters.Check the tongue and mouth to elucidate

Home and garden plants, which should be avoided or

who should be treated very

carefully

Accidental Exposure to these plants require medical attention.

Caution: This list can only serve as a general guideline.For additional

tion information, contact your doctor or local poison

service.

Azalea

(in large amount

Mistletoe

Amaryllis

SHALL)

Autumn crocus

Begonia

Iris

Holly **

hemlock

Castor, ratsin-

Nightshade

bindweed purple,

nickname or castor

Ivy

or morning glory

bean

Grebes

Hyacinth

Croton

Rhododendron

Wisteria

pokeweed

Sambuc

Hydrangea

Lily

Lilac

Daphne volchnik,

leaves of rhubarb (stems

Sumy

or daphne

edible)

Tees, yew

Delphinium, zhivo-

Buttercup

Tomato (stems and whether-

bone or Spurrier

Mac

stya)

Wild tobacco

digitalis

Philodendron

Datura smelly

Narcissus

Sheflera

Sweet peas

Oleander *

* Oleander is extremely poisonous;not dilute his home and root out from the garden.

** holly leaves from

which weave Christmas

wreaths, most likely non

toxic, but the berries can cause digestive upset and may even

lead to death, if you eat a handful.

thread if there is bleeding, redness, blistering or swelling.

Inspect the plant. Its name is in the list of harmless or dangerous plants, or you do not?If you can not say exactly what kind of plant tried your child, ask your child to show you his "favorite" plant and then, when it set up

to be frank, "that which you eat".You should not be scared or severe type, otherwise the child will be closed in its shell, and you will not pull a word out of him.If you did not receive a reply, check the best available plants;See who has torn leaves, which knocked the dust, or look for other evidence touching the child.

Call "ambulance." If the plant is poisonous or suspicious, call the ambulance.Give the full botanical name of the plant, having read a sign or tell everything you know about this plant.Place the plant near a phone around or cut a twig, to give a description.If the plant is definitely poisonous, medical professionals can advise you immediately give the child syrup of ipecac or ipecac, and juice or water.

Take the child and a plant in the emergency room. If you're still not sure, but the worst are full of suspicion, take the child and plant in the emergency room.If you do not know what kind of plant, it is better to send someone, if possible, to cut off a sprig of this plant to a nearby greenhouse to determine the name and the degree of toxicity, when you do go to the emergency room.Ask your assistant to call in the emergency room and provide information on the plant as long as you're in the way, if you have not got to the place.Except for burning or other unpleasant sensations in the mouth, nausea, vomiting, and stomach discomfort, plants rarely cause severe poisoning symptoms after a few minutes.However, the safest for you at the moment is the place if you are in doubt, the emergency room.If signs of intoxication appear - hoarse, labored breathing, paleness, uneven heart rate and blood pressure drop - you will be able to provide immediate medical assistance.