Antirrhinum ( snapdragon )
Motherland - the Mediterranean, North America.
perennial grown as an annual;the stems are erect, up to 90 cm tall, the main escape shoots above other orders;leaves lanceolate, smooth, green;inflorescence - multilateral brush;flowers irregular shape (they have only one axis of symmetry) bilabiate;fruit - dvuhgnezdnaya box.There are 12 horticultural groups and a large number of varieties, differing in color, often called the color of the corolla in different languages (usually - in English).Group:
1. Butterfly.The height up to 90 cm;slightly branched stem, inflorescence up to 40 cm long;Flowers to 4.5 cm in length, with an open end wrench and wavy edges, fragrant.Grades are named for the color of the corolla in English Pink - Pink;White - White;Yellow - Yellow etc.
2. Giatsintotsvetnye...The height up to 65 cm;inflorescence dense, thick, up to 30 cm long and 12 cm in diameter;flowers with fringed edges.Varieties differ in color (often referred to by the color of the corolla) "Dunkel
3. Carioca..The height up to 60 cm;main shoot at the same level with the others, inflorescence medium density, up to 35 cm long;flowers up to 4.5 cm long.Varieties also differ in color and are named for the same principle.
4. Hummingbird.The height up to 35 cm;silnovetvisty stem, inflorescence hemispherical, loose, highly branched;flowers up to 4.5 cm long, with a closed-end wrenches and wavy edges.
5. Coronet.The height up to 65 cm;silnovetvisty stem, inflorescence dense, up to 20 cm long;flowers up to 5 cm long, with wavy edges, all shoots bloom simultaneously.Varieties - the same principle.
6. Maxim.The height up to 85 cm;stem branched, inflorescence loose or tight, up to 40 cm long;flowers up to 5 cm long, with wavy edges.Varieties: "Alaska" - white;"Topaz" - dark red;"Sharlahrizen" - scarlet red with a touch of orange and other
7. Terry..The height up to 75 cm;slightly branched stem, inflorescence dense, up to 35 cm long;flowers up to 5 cm long, terry with fringed edges.Varieties: "Vanguard" - a bright pink;"Super Jet" - yellow;"Highlife." - Light yellow, etc.
8. Nanum grandiflora.The height up to 50 cm;stem branched, main shoot at the same level with the other;inflorescence lax, up to 30 cm long;flowers up to 4.5 cm long, with wavy edges.Grades "Avalash" - white;'Guinea Gold' - pink and orange;"Torch" - bright red;"Eldorado." - Bright yellow, etc.
9. Pumila.The height up to 40 cm;compact shrub, stem silnovetvisty chief escaped on a par with others, inflorescence lax, up to 17 cm long;flowers up to 4.5 cm long.Grades "Brilliant Rose" - pink;"Gelb" - lemon;"Oranzhsharlah" - orange-red.
10.Rokit.Height up to 1 m;stem branched, main shoot much higher than the others;inflorescence up to 50 cm long, spike - up to 60 cm;flowers up to 5 cm long, with wavy edges.Grades "Orchid" - purple;"Pink" - light pink;"Redstone" - red, etc. / /..The-top type.The height up to 60 cm;stem branched, inflorescence up to 35 cm long;flowers up to 5 cm long, with fringed edges.Varieties: "Weiss" - white;"Dunkelrot." - Dark cherry, etc. 12.Trayb.The height up to 80 cm;slightly branched stem, inflorescence medium density, up to 50 cm long;flowers up to 4 cm long, with wavy edges.Varieties: "Hawaii" - dark red;"Tifgelb" - bright yellow;"Tsartilla." - Purple and other varieties of this group are suitable for forcing.A very unpretentious plant.
humidity requirements: moderate humidity is preferred.
to heat and light requirements: photophilous cold-resistant plant.
to soil requirements: extremely unpretentious.
Propagation: seeds (ripen a month after flowering, they are sown in March - April).
Features: resistant to adverse weather conditions, but it is often damaged by pests and diseases.It tolerates transplant.Plants are planted at a distance of at least 15 cm apart.
Usage: flower beds, ridges, distillation.Good standing in the vase life.