Hair loss ( alopecia, alopecia, thinning , thinning hair ) - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Hair loss occurs under the terms alopecia, pattern baldness, baldness, hair loss, loss, loss of pathological hair loss.Hair has always been a sign of vitality and beauty, not only women but also men.In various legends of Samson, who is credited with superhuman strength, narrated that his hair is also distinguished by particular strength.The loss of power was equal to the beheading.Women's hair is considered a sign of beauty and femininity.Not surprisingly, in today's world are looking for effective ways to get rid of that baldness!
We constantly lose hair, but hair growth is not affected.This is because the hair are in different stages of growth (the growth phase of 3-6 years before involution of 2 weeks, 2-4 months of rest).But hair loss is a completely different picture and a pathological condition.Alopecia - is excessive hair loss in certain areas of the body, which leads, in consequence, to the complete disappearance of hair.
There are several forms of alopecia:
- androgenetic - genetic predispo
- alopecia - is associated with immune disorders, characterized by alopecia hair loss in certain areas.
- scar - the loss of hair are formed from connective tissue scarring.The follicles are damaged beyond repair.
- diffuse - even hair loss as a result of violations of the hair cycle.
Have not characteristic of the head and hair loss skin changes may indicate the presence of any chronic disease process in the body.
Causes of hair loss
Over the life of a single hair follicle grows about 20 hairs.The living part of the hair under the skin, rather than on the surface.
main components that make up the hair are protein, keratin and melanin pigment.Smoothness and provide a healthy appearance of the scalp sebaceous glands.Normally people a day to lose about 100 hairs.According to statistics, hair loss in women is less common than in men.This physiological phenomenon, and it is connected with the withering away of the old and the appearance of hair in its place a new one.
- Increased hair loss occurs in the spring and it is completely normal - during the winter hair are weakened, deprived of vitamins and minerals.
- Seborrheic alopecia is another reason why the hair falls out.This applies to both men and women.The process associated with excess sebum production, so the disease is called oily dandruff.Drop-down hair bound crusts and lost to a few pieces at a time.The most common cause of seborrhea and oily dandruff is a fungal infection.
- alopecia can cause some cosmetic procedures, especially frequent coloring, curling, straightening and daily spraying of lacquer.Similarly, binding of hair tight or too tight beam causes damage to the tail of the hair follicle.
- People often are on a diet, too bald.Weight loss leads to a deficiency of nutrients - vitamins and minerals.Iron, zinc, selenium and other elements needed to have that beautiful, shiny hair.
- Stressful situations may not only lead to hair loss, but also to their fragility.Stress hormones constrict blood vessels.Hair begins to weaken and fall due to starvation.
- It is often the basis of pathological hair loss is genetic cause - the inheritance from his father, mother and grandparents.
- Taking certain medications also affect the hair growth.Some antibiotics, drugs for high blood pressure medicines that reduce blood clotting, worsen the condition of hair.
- Infections, which are accompanied by high fever, induces increased hair loss, because the heat causes a rapid transition of hair follicles in the resting phase.But, fortunately, this is a temporary condition, and the process is reversible.
- Over the years, the hair becomes thinner and weaker hair growth phase becomes shorter and the period of "rest" longer - after a while the hair follicles disappear completely.
- Smoking, poor-quality cosmetics - all of which can accelerate alopecia.
- The cause of female and male hair loss can be hormonal level.In women, it is the lack of estrogen.Postpartum or abrupt withdrawal of oral contraceptives may cause a temporary reduction in the female hormone.During this period women often complain of excessive hair loss.There are cases of women after pregnancy (with a decrease in estrogen levels) have lost up to half of the hair.
often after menopause in women is also the hair falls out.Androgens are responsible for this, the number of which increased significantly.This is very similar to the classic model of male pattern baldness.The action of testosterone caused by the fact that it reduces the phase of hair growth, hair makes it weak and result in their loss.Sometimes the disease begins before menopause itself.
In men, the main cause of baldness - excess testosterone and particularly high sensitivity to androgens circulating in the blood.This type is called androgenetic alopecia.
diseases in which there is a symptom of hair loss
There disease, the presence of which we can not even guess, but alopecia symptom may indicate the presence of disease.
- Basically, skin and hair condition is deteriorating due to thyroid disorders, especially hypothyroidism.
- Tumors inert tissue, stagnant brain disease, hidden internal bleeding (ulcer perforation of the stomach), as a result of these processes - anemia - a pathological condition characterized by low content of red blood cells.
- stomach ulcer, 12 duodenal ulcer, gastritis rarely - disease characterized by ulceration of the mucous.This disturbed nutrient absorption.
- Violation of pituitary function - the brain structure that is responsible for hormone production.
- Violation of adrenal function - a gland that are responsible for the regulation of metabolism.
- Depression - a disease characterized by low mood and decreased motor activity, violation of intellectual activity.
- Infections (ARI, ODS, influenza and others.) - Condition caused by ingestion of the viral agent.
- Psoriasis - a chronic autoimmune disease neifektsionnoe mainly affects the scalp, hence the hair follicles.
- substance dependence (alcohol, drugs) - states are characterized by intoxication, violation of the liver.
- Alopecia can be a side effect of medications such as antidepressants or chemotherapy.Thus, they have a toxic effect on the body.
When to see a doctor for hair loss
Before you consult with your doctor, you need to wait a while.Maybe it will come back to normal, and lost hair grow back.But if hair loss continues, you will find at the signs of alopecia - an urgent need to consult a specialist!
Disturbing signs of hair loss:
- a large amount of hair on the pillow, in the sink while washing, the comb, on clothing,
- dry flakes of dandruff,
- oily substance accumulates under the nail plate while scratching their heads,
- redness of the scalp,
- itchy scalp,
- on the site of the old do not grow new hair,
- there are scars of the skin changes at the site of hair loss,
- characterized by a clear zonation (in men is the temporo-frontal part and the upper part of the head, in women astypically, the hair falls out all over the place).
the presence of one or more symptoms of the above, you first need to consult a specialist generalist.It will assess the nature of the changes, the probable cause, and send to trichologist if necessary.Trichologist - a doctor, which is specialized in skin and venereal diseases or medical cosmetology.He has in-depth experience in the treatment of scalp and hair disorders, and thus be able to more accurately identify the causes of alopecia and select the appropriate method of treatment.
The standard inspection at trichologist includes:
- Trihoskopiya - a method to determine the type of hair loss.It includes viewing an enlarged image of the hair and scalp through a special video camera connected to a computer monitor.
- Trichogramma - hair from different parts of the head are examined under a microscope.We estimate how many of them are in the growth phase.
The data are evaluated and, thus, to identify possible causes of hair loss.
also a special light is used, which helps to identify fungal scalp.
very important medical history of life in men, as baldness is hereditary.
Women need further gynecological examination, as well as the need to carry out a blood test on the content of female sex hormones.
Hair Loss Treatment
Women effective specific therapy, which may include oral contraceptives or other medications containing estrogen in their composition.
androgenetic alopecia in men is closely linked to a genetic sensitivity to dihydrotestosterone (the active form of testosterone), which leads to shrinkage of the hair follicle.For the conversion of testosterone to DHT is responsible enzyme 5-alpha reductase, all treatments based on inhibition of the action of this enzyme.
Finasteride (Proscar) - ingested, slows down the production of a compound that converts testosterone into a more active form.It is most effective in the fight against hair loss.
Dutasteride (of Avodart) are used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, and for the treatment of androgen (male hormone), alopecia.Action based testosterone reduction spending.
Side effects of drugs containing finasteride or dutasteride: decreased libido, difficulty with ejaculation, enlarged or painful breasts, very rare allergic reactions: skin rash, hives, swelling of the eyelids.
Treatment is most effective in young people, who have lost only a small part of the hair, as hair follicles are dead can not be restored!
Minoxidil - is used for external application.A solution for the treatment of alopecia in men and women.The main effect of this drug - improved blood flow in the vascular bed of the skin, cleans the potassium channels responsible for the nutrition and oxygenation of the hair follicles, promotes activation of the rudiments of hair.Thus, containing minoxidil medications increase the amount of hair or make more healthy, thick and long.The first results are visible after 2 months of treatment, and the highest growth rate was observed after 12 months of use.
compositions containing liquids minoksedil Scalp: Loxon 2% or 5%, Piloxidil, Regaine.
treatment lasts about a year, then - the effect is maintained shampoos and conditioners for hair loss.
Sometimes when infected with a fungal infection prescribe antifungal medications to help get rid of unsightly problems with dandruff and restore lost hair.
Vitamin therapy.Often hair loss - is the lack of vitamins and minerals in the body.especially in the winter - spring period.To treat vitamin deficiencies to be taken vitamin complexes containing vitamins A, B, E and C, iron, copper, cobalt, zinc and other minerals.
Cosmetics for hair loss
When the hair starts to thin out, you can use air conditioners containing keratin, protein, vitamins A, B6 and E, zinc and copper.
Keratin - a protein, is a key component of hair, nail and stratum corneum.
D-panthenol (provitamin B5) softens and moisturizes the scalp code, makes the hair shiny and elastic, stimulates growth and cell regeneration, accelerates the process of formation of melanin, protects against UV rays.
Zinc - prevents the destruction of hair follicles and inhibits hair weakening.Cosmetic products play an important role in the maintenance of lipid balance of the scalp, prevents dandruff.
placental cells (extract of animal placenta) - applied topically, is included in the composition of cosmetic products, or in the form of the drug (form release capsule, ampoule).It contains amino acids which provide all necessary for hair of intensive growth.The first effects of the treatment can be expected in 2-3 months.
Cosmetic kerosene (paraffin oil) - not only nourishes, strengthens, and prevents hair loss, eliminates the signs of dandruff.
Home treatment for hair loss
Moisturizers homemade hair masks in some cases, an alternative to pharmacotherapy.Their composition include castor oil, egg yolk, and lemon juice.
Castor oil is the most versatile cosmetic moisturizer.Contains 85% ricinoleic acid, oleic acid, stearic acid and linoleic acids that are effective to power the hair follicle.Castor oil strengthens, reduces hair loss and increase hair growth.
chicken egg yolk - contains large amounts of polyunsaturated fatty acids and minerals, which intensively nourish and moisturize the hair.
Lemon juice acts as a natural bleach and a scrub for the scalp of keratinized cells, prevents the development of dandruff.Banana
prevents dehydration of the scalp, soothes, smoothes, moisturizes and nourishes the hair.
buttermilk or whey - contains lactic acid that gently exfoliates and regenerates the scalp.Hair get shine and elasticity and become moist and firm.
RETSEPT1.Mix 1 tablespoon of castor oil with 3 tablespoons of cosmetic kerosene (see. Cosmetics), one egg yolk and a few drops of lemon.Apply the mask on your head through the hair and wrap your head with cling film or a bag, cover with a towel.After 30 minutes, rinse and wash your hair.
RETSEPT2.In a bowl, mash with a fork one ripe banana.Add 3 tablespoons of natural yogurt, half a teaspoon of coconut oil (see. Herbal medicine) and mix thoroughly.Then apply the mask on the scalp and hair, keep as long as possible, at least 30 minutes.Then wash your hair with a shampoo designed for dry hair.
Recipes can be changed depending on the presence or availability of ingredients.For example, coconut oil can be replaced with olive or burdock, add decoctions or infusions of herbs (see. Herbal medicine), but rather a cosmetic kerosene is fine household purified kerosene, which is sold in hardware stores.
Herbal medicine for hair loss
- Horsetail - well strengthens hair, prevents their fragility, strengthens blood vessels.
- burdock root (burdock) - is used in hair loss, poor hair growth.Strengthens, moisturizes and nourishes the hair follicle.
- Chamomile - known for its anti-inflammatory properties.It is recommended for blonde hair because of its bleaching properties.Eliminates itching, disinfects the scalp.
- plant extract saw palmetto or dwarf palm (Saw Palmetto) - regarded as the equivalent of the drug finasteride.Some studies have shown that it reduces testosterone levels, so that it can be used for prevention and treatment of prostate diseases balding men.It has a softer effect and has no side effects on the body.
- Coconut oil contains large amounts of lauric acid (approx. 60%) and vitamin E, therefore, easily penetrates into the hair structure and enhances their intensive.
- Olive oil - helps to strengthen and regenerate the hair.It is used in the preparation of infusions of burdock (burdock oil).This combination is most useful with hair loss.
- Chili peppers - use juice, infusions, decoctions.Rub into the hair roots.His topical irritant properties to improve blood flow to the hair follicles.