The raid on the tongue - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
In a healthy human tongue pale pink with a smooth fold, which runs along the tongue.Language is soft, does not bring any discomfort while driving.The papillae on the tongue are clearly distinguishable and are not smoothed.
reasons for the raid on
language appearance of plaque on the tongue may be a sign of some diseases, but may occur sometimes in a healthy person.The norm is considered if it is a white, odorless, and through it you can see the color of the language.
Depending on the time of year can be a bit of white plaque on a healthy language summer swoop more pronounced, but through it all the same visible papillae of the mucous membrane.In winter, plaque can take a yellowish tint, and in the fall plaque becomes lighter and drier.
Just tongue coating may be associated with poor oral hygiene.Caring is necessary not only for your teeth but also your tongue.There are special brush suitable for cleaning teeth (bristles) and language reverse side of the toothbrush has a ribbed surface.
Children in puberty plaque can form due to hormonal jump.
Diseases accompanied by a touch of the language
pathological plaque on the tongue are distinguished on several grounds:
1. thickness .Thin plaque in the language usually indicates the initial stages of the disease, as well as acute respiratory illness or acute respiratory viral infections.Thick plaque can not see the color of the language.This raid on the language characteristic of chronic diseases and severe infectious processes in the body.
2. Color .plaque color can vary from white to yellow, gray and green with severe diseases or even black.The darker the plaque in the language, the problem can be more serious, and, conversely, lighter plaque usually indicates mild form of the disease or its early stage.On color it affects not only the possible diseases, but also drinking, eating or smoking.
3. Consistency .The raid on the tongue may be wet, dry, caseous or bold.
4. localization (location) .The diffuse plaque covers the whole language continuum veil, local - is distributed in small patches on parts of the language.
5. Easy separation from language.There is a dense plaque (hard detachable, can be subject to erosive surface) and soft plaque, which exfoliate he spotted a language, then quickly formed again.With worsening disease severity plaque often compacted.Soft morning raid, which quickly descends, is normal and should not cause concern.
Diseases in which there are various patches on the tongue and can be associated with disruption of the internal organs, as well as with a variety of infectious processes.
1. Infectious diseases:
When scarlet fever language from the first day covered with white-gray tinge, otёchen (prints on the edges of the teeth can be seen).However, at 5-6 (sometimes third) day of illness raid, since the tip of the tongue, disappears, and then the whole mucosa of dorsum of the tongue becomes intensely red, dry and shiny.Stand out sharply enlarged mushroom-shaped papillae, which clearly contoured and resemble bright red raspberry seeds ( "raspberry" tongue).
When oral examination of patients with diphtheria observed fibrinous raids plёnchatye off-white in the throat, on the palatine arch, the root and back of the tongue.When removing the raids exposed reddened painful area.
Patients dysentery mucous membrane is covered with a thick white coating, when rejection is often exposed erosive surface.
Cholera , flowing with a sharp dehydration is characterized by a darkening of the raid on the language to the black.
When mouth disease and whooping cough tongue is covered with a whitish-yellow bloom, there is bad breath, sometimes multiple small ulcers.
When generalized process leptotrichosis tongue is covered with dense, with some difficulty, to shoot a whitish-gray tinge;A Place in the starring bloom found blyashkovidnye dense education, consisting of little "spines", with minimal inflammatory changes in the surrounding tissue.
Pink zoster manifests non-inflammatory pinkish brownish scaly patches.The elements are prone to peripheral growth and mergers do not rise above the mucosal surface and combined with skin lesions.
candidiasis (thrush) , associated with the use of drugs (long reception of antibiotics, corticosteroids or cytotoxic drugs), or as a secondary infection with immunodeficiency (HIV, primary immune deficiencies, chronic renal failure, etc..), Often accompanied by the emergence of visceral candidiasis, sometimes leading to death.On examination of the mouth reveal widespread redness and slight swelling of the mucosa with scattered her milky-white spots, close fitting to the base.After removing the milk-white surface formations remain painful erosion.In severe cases, these raids extended to the whole language, the throat and difficult swallowing and breathing.Later on this background raids appear white, consisting of fungal growths.They increase in size, forming a film of white, gray and yellow shades.Films tightly soldered to the underlying tissues are removed easily without damage to underlying mucosa, preserving smooth surface and red.
Acute pseudomembranous candidiasis
Ulcers at stomatitis Vincent (fuzospirohetoz) have soft jagged edges, extensive necrotic plaque thick grayish-green color with a smelly putrid odor, after the removal of which can be seen loose, heavily bleeding ulcer bottom.
erythema multiforme exudative (infectious and allergic nature) is accompanied by a greyish-yellow tinge on the back of the tongue, the erosion of various depths and shapes, accompanied by pain syndrome.
2. Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Acute gastritis - tongue coated thick with gray bloom, which covers the entire surface, except for the side and tip, otёchen, sometimes covered with mucus.There have dry tongue, taste bitter, sour.
When chronic gastritis with preserved or increased secretion of the stomach in the middle and posterior thirds of the tongue back most intensely expressed plaque whitish-yellow or grayish-yellow color.Plaque color and consistency may vary depending on the intensity and severity of the disease manifestations.
raid in the language in chronic gastritis
When gastric ulcer raid on language grayish-white, it is most pronounced in the posterior firmly attached to the underlying tissues.
In acute enterocolitis back of the tongue is covered with dense grayish-yellow tinge.
"Furred" language when enterocolitis
In severe intoxication and dysbiosis observed hyperplasia of the filiform papillae and coloring in brown or even black.
Pancreatitis is characterized by yellowish-white coating on the tongue, filiform papillae are enlarged, often marked focal epithelial desquamation language back, increasing the mushroom-shaped papillae.
stomach cancer - the whole surface of the tongue coated thick white coating, consisting of epithelial cells, mucus, flora, a large number of white blood cells.
When liver and gall bladder fibrinous plaque in the language intensively colored in yellow.When hepatitis yellowness seen in the front of the tongue.The intensity of the yellow plaque increases in seasonal exacerbation of diseases of the liver and gall bladder.
When Crohn , when reduced the number of adrenal hormones.The skin and mucous membranes produced an increased amount of melanin (skin pigment).As a result, the language is covered with dark spots.
3. Other diseases:
When pustular erythrodermic psoriasis tongue is covered foci round shape with a grayish-white bloom, pea-sized, slightly above the level of the mucous membrane, and reminds geogrficheskuyu card ( "geographical" language).
brown plaque on the tongue and teeth due to hemolysis (red blood cell disintegration) and the development of iron deficiency is one of the symptoms addisonicheskogo crisis in chronic adrenal insufficiency.
When severe pathology kidney (acute renal failure, chronic renal failure, and others.) The language is dense coated white-gray coating.
Dry white plaque on a background of pale tongue is characteristic of dehydration body.If acidosis amid strong dehydration observed blackening plaque.
When acute and chronic radiation sickness tongue swells, covered with abundant bloom, cracks, bleeding and necrosis (necrosis) in most of the tongue.Lost the taste and sensitivity.
Standing brown plaque on the root of the tongue appears in people suffering from chronic alcoholism , many lung diseases (eg, pneumonia), as well as in heavy smokers .
Survey detection raid on
language • complete blood count (signs of inflammation: leukocytosis (increased number of white blood cells), accelerated erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), and others.)
• Bacteriological sowings with mucous language flora with the definition of itssensitivity to antibiotics (for suspected candidiasis or bacterial stomatitis);
• blood for antibodies to Helicobacter pylori (to avoid gastric ulcer associated with Helicobacter pylori),
• blood chemistry (to assess liver function: alanine aminotransferase, aspartate aminotransferase, gamma-glutamyl, total protein levels in the blood, blood albumin, bilirubin);
• coprogram (inflammatory bowel disease),
• ultrasound of the abdomen (possible liver disease, gall bladder, spleen, etc.);
• Fibrogastroduodenoscopy (to avoid gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, gastritis).
raid on Treatment
language First of all, you need to observe good oral hygiene, as the bacteria multiply rapidly in plaque and can lead to infection in the oral cavity.You must brush your teeth and tongue with special brushes daily.Proper oral hygiene is the key to health and fresh breath.
If there is no reason to link the language plaque with any disease, the children and adults can take some decoctions of medicinal plants, which helps get rid of plaque on the tongue.
• decoction of the herb oregano, decoction of leaves of plantain, yarrow, and a decoction of linden flowers (you can take all these herbs in the collection).One tablespoon brewed one cup of boiled water, two and a half hours.Take half a cup three times a day.
• You can take a decoction of flax seed on an empty stomach in the morning.This decoction helps to stabilize the intestines and all digestive organs.
• Collect: a spoonful of mint, chamomile, sage and strawberry pour a glass of boiling water, leave for half an hour and strain.Rinse your mouth several times a day.
• You can also use the bark of oak, one tablespoon to insist in 200 ml of boiling water.Rinse your mouth after cooling infusion.
Infusions of herbs taken with caution and only if the components are not allergic.
If plaque is stored in the language, it is necessary to establish the cause of its occurrence.For this purpose it is necessary to observe the touch of the language within a few days.Inspection is carried out in the morning before meals with natural light.It must be remembered that the color of plaque may change in smoking, addiction to large amounts of coffee or tea.If plaque is not passed or has a tendency to darken and thicken need to exclude the disease, which could lead to its emergence.
If you suspect illness it is important not to resort to self-medication, as the tongue coating may be associated with the initial manifestation of severe disease that requires immediate treatment to the doctor and started a specific treatment under medical supervision.
to what doctor?
therapist, gastroenterologist, a toxicologist, infectious disease specialist, a dentist.
therapists Kletkina Y.