Belching - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Belching - sudden involuntary discharge in the mouth of gas from the stomach or esophagus, sometimes with small portions of the stomach contents.
mechanism of regurgitation is the following: increasing intragastric pressure in the stomach when ingested excess air or gas formation increased, which leads to a simultaneous reduction of the stomach muscles, cardia sphincter to relax and reduce the pylorus.
Possible causes belching
In a healthy human stomach contains a certain amount of gas, the composition and the amount of which depends on the age, the nature of power, lifestyle and so on.The size and shape of the gas bubble are determined by a variety of causes not related to the disease, such as:
1. Aerophagia - swallowing excess air during meals.This may be due to over-eating, fast food, talking while eating, belching cause excessive gas content in the food, drink highly carbonated beverages, and smoking.
2. regurgitation occurs frequently in active physical exercise immediately after eating.
3. Malnutrition and inclusion in the diet of a large number of products such as fresh bread, beans, fosol, cabbage and other.
4. Excessive consumption of food.
5. The second half of pregnancy - enlarged uterus creates an increased intra-abdominal pressure and raises the dome of the diaphragm, which can cause belching.
Diseases accompanied by belching
diseases in which there is belching:
1. Belching may be the leading symptom in diseases and conditions that lead to a breach of the cardia closure mechanism (cardia insufficiency, psoriasis, scleroderma of the esophagus, esophageal herniaaperture, conditions after operations on the esophagus and stomach).Leading mechanism of occurrence regurgitation in this case will not stomach muscle spasm and cardiac sphincter tone reduction.
When achalasia symptoms such as belching air, nausea, excessive salivation, burning along the esophagus, bad breath caused by delay and rotting food in the esophagus.
Reflux esophagitis manifested heartburn, a burning sensation behind the breastbone, which arises out of or aggravated by forward inclination of the trunk (there is abandonment of gastric contents into the esophagus), pain due to the impact on the inflamed mucosa of the esophagus by gastric juice and bile regurgitation.
When pharyngoesophageal diverticulum (Zenker's diverticulum) in the initial stage patients note a feeling of scratching in the throat, dryness, or excessive salivation, uncomfortable swallowing, coughing, belching, the need to wash down a meal, gargle after eating.The disease usually begins after age 50, among patients 55-65 years dominated by men, and the age of 80 years old - woman.
esophagus Scleroderma manifests impaired swallowing, persistent heartburn, which increases after a meal;gastric and duodenal lesion manifested by abdominal pain, flatulence.
2. Diseases of the stomach and duodenum. acid regurgitation characteristic of diseases associated with an increase in the acidity of gastric contents or increased production of gastric juices (hyperacid gastritis, gastric ulcer).
Belching rotten occurs when stagnant and putrid processes in the stomach cavity, which leads to the formation of gastric hydrogen sulfide and ammonia.This symptom is typical for a number of diseases of the stomach ( pyloric stenosis decompensated, gastric cancer and gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer), accompanied by Achille and achlorhydria (absence of hydrochloric acid and digestive enzymes in the gastric juice).
Often belching rotten most early appears during exacerbation of chronic atrophic (giposekretornogo) gastritis .In the course of the disease appear heavy and aching epigastric pain, a feeling of fullness after eating, nausea, regurgitation.
3. Diseases of the liver and gall bladder. in cirrhosis of any origin patients complained of jaundice of varying severity, a feeling of heaviness or pain in the right upper quadrant, belching, flatulence, nausea, bitter taste in the mouth, general weakness, decreased performance.
Biliary Diseases accompanied by belching almost constantly.However, in various pathologies belching may change their properties and combined with other symptoms: bitter belching is the presence of duodeno-gastric reflux, and if the casting of bile in the stomach is not available, it will be burping air odorless.In chronic cholecystitis (without stones and calculous) is often flatulence and belching bitter.The error in the diet leads to discomfort in the right upper quadrant, epigastric, dull aching pain or heaviness, nausea, bloating, intolerance to fatty foods.
4. Diseases of the cardiovascular system (angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, etc.). Gastralgicheskaya (abdominal) form of myocardial infarction manifest pain in the epigastric region, sometimes in the right hypochondrium or in the whole of the right side of the abdomen.The pain may spread to the interscapular region and is accompanied by belching air, persistent nausea, vomiting, not bringing relief to bloating.Abdominal form of myocardial infarction should be differentiated from a diaphragmatic hernia, acute gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, pancreatitis.
gastrocardiac syndrome (Oudin-Rёmhelda syndrome) - reflex reaction that occurs in response to stimulation of receptors of the stomach and esophagus.Typically, symptoms of the disease occur after a meal.Immediately after eating, pain behind the breastbone or in the heart, heartbeat quickens, there is disruption in the work of the heart: the feeling of cardiac arrest is replaced by a sense of "fluttering".Can bother dizziness, weakness, fear.Often, increased blood pressure, appears pale skin, cold sweat.Belching or vomiting (which patients have to call myself) brings considerable relief.
5. When neurotic aerofagii patients randomly swallow air, regardless of the meal.Belching is stubborn, independent of meals, in rare cases can be permanent, terminated only in a dream, usually enhanced on the background of emotional stress and stressful situations.This belching is odorless, most sonorous, empty.
diagnosis in the presence of regurgitation
is necessary to pay attention to other symptoms suggestive of disease caused by belching diarrhea and bloating occur in irritable bowel syndrome, intolerance to fatty foods and pain in the right upper quadrant - cholecystitis, epigastric pain associateda meal - for stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers.The patient will have to take some tests to clarify the diagnosis, the amount depends on the leading symptom and the doctor assumptions.
Laboratory and instrumental investigations:
• CBC - signs of iron deficiency anemia (decreased hemoglobin level, red blood cells), Moderate leukocytosis are characteristic of inflammatory diseases of the digestive system, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate 20 mm / h in scleroderma;
• urinalysis - is carried out in the framework of general clinical examination;
• Blood sugar - normal levels (3.3 - 5.5 mmol / l);
• Blood electrolytes - a violation of the ratio of electrolytes;
• blood for antibodies to Helicobacter pylori (to avoid gastric ulcers associated with Helicobacter pylori);
• fibrogastroduodenoscopy (to avoid gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, gastritis);
• radiological study produced in the vertical position of the patient, and then in a horizontal position, this technique identifies leaking contrast medium (barium solution) out of the stomach into the esophagus, it is also possible detection hiatal hernia, Zenker's diverticulum;
• ezofagotonokimografiya to determine the presence and degree of reduction of cardiac sphincter tone;
• ezofagofibroskopii indirectly confirms the existence of cardia insufficiency, revealing a throw of gastric contents into the esophagus (gastroesophageal reflux).Due to the systematic entering the active gastric acid into the esophagus often develop reflux esophagitis, peptic ulcer, and then peptic stricture of the esophagus.Lack of motility caused by esophageal smooth muscle atrophy and fibrosis occurs in scleroderma;
• intraesophageal pH-meter (better 24-hour monitoring) - decrease of acidity in the lower parts of the esophagus to 4.0 and lower for reflux esophagitis;
• ultrasound of the abdomen with suspected cholecystitis determine its nature (calculous or without stones).
If belching is caused by errors in diet or other causes not related to the disease, some prevention measures must be observed.
1. Chew your food thoroughly, do not swallow large pieces.
2. Avoid the use of chewing gum.
3. Avoid highly carbonated beverages.
4. Drink directly from a cup or glass, discard the tube.
5. Avoid foods that cause flatulence (beans, cabbage, etc.).
6. Eat small meals, but often up to 6 times a day (especially important for women in the second half of pregnancy).
Treatment folk remedies burp
1. Take half a glass of fresh cranberry juice and half a cup of aloe juice.Stir and add 1 tablespoon of honey and add a glass of boiled water unheated.The means to take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day for a week.Then alternate: one week - providing treatment for two weeks - a break.Thus treatment lasts 6 months.
2. Take collecting inflorescences yarrow, peppermint leaves, fennel seeds 15 g, herb St. John's Wort - 30 g, the watch leaves trilistnoy - 2 of 2 tablespoons of collection pour 2 cups of boiled water, insist 2 hours, filter.Take two cups a day for 1 - 2 tablespoons per reception.The tool is effective at high acidity of gastric juice with constipation and acid regurgitation.
3. Dried calamus root crushed to a powder state.Take half teaspoon for 15 minutes before a meal.
4. A decoction of the roots of elecampane (2 tablespoons per 1 liter of water).Take half a cup 2 times a day before meals for 5-7 days.
5. Good help in the treatment of regurgitation warm goat's milk.Within 2-3 months, take 3 times a day for 1-2 cups.
6. In a 1: 1 mix potato and carrot juices to a total volume of 100 ml, taken before meals 0.5 cups of the mixture of the juices 3 times a day.
7. After eating a snack of fresh carrots or carrot puree.
8. If there is no carrot - eat an apple.And if there are apple and carrot - make of both ingredients mashed potatoes.
9. Before eating slow sips to drink a little water.The food is better not to drink.
Belching after eating causes a lot of inconvenience to man.Belching is not a disease, but that it is important to take into account, it is often a symptom of serious illness.Therefore, in the event of regurgitation should consult a doctor.To establish the diagnosis, a specialist prescribe treatment of the underlying disease.By getting rid of the disease, a person get rid of belching.
the way physicians treat when persistent belching?
therapist, gastroenterologist.It may need to consult specialists: cardiologist, dermatologist, thoracic surgeon.
therapists Kletkina Y.