Yellow nails - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Yellow nails - is not only a cosmetic defect, but also an indicator of possible trouble in the body, such as the cause of problems with the nails may be endocrine, cardiovascular and other serious violations.
Causes yellow nail
Possible causes yellowing of nails, not associated with the disease
1. Long-term use of certain drugs: tetracycline antibiotics, arsenic preparations, preparations of the quinoline series.
2. External action of various chemical compounds.This may be a nail polish and nail polish remover, and household chemicals.As a rule, the negative impact of such funds affect only the open part of the nail.If you do not give your nails a "rest" without lacquer, to no good it will not.As a result, a permanent coloring nails become brittle, weak, deformed and their surface appears jaundiced staining.
4. Smoking.Over time, the nicotine and tar in cigarettes, accumulate in the body, causing a change in nail color.Refusal of tobacco - the best way to maintain good health and to solve th
diseases for which there are yellow nails
diseases in which there is the symptom and a brief description of accompanying symptoms.
1) Congenital nail disease.
2) Acquired nail diseases can be divided into three main groups:
a) trophic nail changes associated with dysfunction of various organs and systems, especially the nervous system;
b) nail diseases related to the influence of local factors (mechanical, physical, chemical, biological);
c) changes in the nail for various skin diseases.
Congenital diseases nails
Onihogrifoz - nail congenital disease in which the nail plate has longitudinal and transverse striations and kogteobraznuyu form.When onihogrifoze nail plate thickens (hypernychia), it becomes extremely hard, dull, dirty-yellow or brown color, reaches a length of several centimeters, raised and bent to the side, reminding claw or ram's horn.
Acquired nail disease
trophic nail changes.Among priobrёtennyh nail changes ( acquired dystrophic onycha ) occupy an important place injury caused by trophic disorders in the nail matrix (epithelium of the nail bed portion at the root of the nail plate, by which cells are dividing nail growth) with a temporary violation of its functions.This quickly affects almost all nails.Changes in the nail plate are in the same stage of development, inflammation in the nail ridges are absent.The affected nail plate becomes dull, yellowish-gray, on the surface appear lateral strip, called the arc-shaped grooves Bo and point depressions.Less frequent are brittle nails, split longitudinally, usually starting with a free edge of the nail plate (onihoreksis), backlog, or separation of the nail from the nail bed, evolving gradually from the front edge of the nail towards the lune (in some cases, this process is associated with the development of subungual hyperkeratosis), ulceration and thickening of the nail, the nail plate roughness.Rapid separation from the underlying tissues of the nail plate, which is then (for example, minor injury) is no longer called onihomadezisom.
Dystrophic onychia can occur in many infectious diseases (typhoid and typhus, pneumonia, malaria, scarlet fever, measles, German measles, dysentery, etc.), Chronic specific infections (tuberculosis, syphilis, leprosy), disorders of the nervous system (for example,neuritis of various origins, syringomyelia, poliomyelitis, multiple sclerosis, tabes dorsalis (neurosyphilis later)).
Nail dystrophy is marked with Raynaud's disease, varicose veins, elephantiasis, arteriosclerosis, rheumatism, diseases of the endocrine system (diffuse toxic goiter, hypothyroidism, acromegaly, Cushing's disease), and malnutrition, intoxication (occupational exposures, chronic alcoholism, etc..), after heavy operations and delivery.They can occur in some hypovitaminosis.When pellagra nails become dull, grayish-yellow, covered with longitudinal grooves, at least transverse white stripes.
nail diseases related to the influence of local factors most commonly associated with occupational hazards.Yellowing of the nail may be caused by exposure to high temperatures, but this symptom is often a consequence of the action of chemicals.The color of the nail plate can be changed due to the introduction of a variety of dyes, for example, chromium compounds.
Nail changes in various diseases of the skin
In onychomycosis (fungal nail infections) changes the external appearance of nails.They become green or yellow, and sometimes can even be dark in color, become thick, exfoliate, are split.Under the fingernail can be found traces of microorganisms - white and yellow plaque with an unpleasant odor.Often there are indentations on the surface of the nail plate.
often affected nails in psoriasis.This nail changes may occur before skin rash (isolated nail psoriasis).Nails fade, turn yellow, become brittle, thickened their free edge and exfoliate from the nail bed.Often in psoriasis appear melkotochechnye depressions on the nail surface, resembling a thimble (the so-called napёrstkovye nails);may develop subungual hemorrhages, psoriatic paronychia (inflammation of periungual roller, accompanied by redness and swelling and pain of varying intensity), onihogrifoza, softening of the nail plate.
Nail Psoriasis: Psoriasis naperstkovidny, arc-shaped grooves Bo
What analyzes to hand with yellowing nails
Due to the large variety of possible causes yellowing of nails there is no universal algorithm of examination and treatment of such patients.The doctor in the survey and examination of the patient determines the required direction of further investigation.More often than not carried out:
1. Sowing of onychomycosis on the definition of sensitivity to antifungal drugs.
2. Blood glucose (normal values 3,3-5,5 mmol / L increase in glucose level indicates the probability of diabetes);
3. Chest X-ray (for suspected pneumonia, tuberculosis and other lung pathology).
4. Biochemical analysis of blood: increase of cholesterol in atherosclerotic lesions of vessels;changes in the level of bilirubin in the pathology of the liver.
5. The blood on RW for suspected syphilis.
6. Blood TSH, T3, T4 for the diagnosis of thyroid disease.
If you are sure that the yellowing nails is not associated with the disease, then it is possible to eliminate the use of certain folk remedies and compliance with the rules of hygiene:
1. Compliance with sanitary regulations during the manicure and pedicure.In case of injury the skin the nail shaft to be treated, hydrogen peroxide, iodine and others.
2. Regular washing of hands, feet and eliminate sweating for the prevention of fungal nail hand and foot injuries.
3. Failure to use low-quality cosmetics, bright paints.Although opinions on this matter are mixed.It is known that most of the varnish is based on nitrocellulose that with prolonged exposure and makes the nails on the hands and feet yellow.Exit - use basic tools.However, it is possible that in its composition will contain nitrocellulose.Recently, some manufacturers have tools include nail into its synthetic analogue of cosmetics with the acronym CAB.You can search for lacquers and base with this ingredient.
4. To complete confidence in caring for their natural nails should not wear nail polish no longer than 4-5 days.Then do a little break (at least for a day), during which nourish nails essential oils, fat cream, yeast polish and other means to strengthen the natural nails.In general, the porous structure of the nail suggests that for healthy growth it is necessary to give to "breathe".
5. Get rid of yellow nails can be their own.To do this, apply a little lemon juice on the nails, or to make the bath with sea salt.
6. Tea tree oil - a natural antiseptic, is considered a powerful agent to fight the fungus that causes yellow spots.This oil may be mixed with a few drops of olive oil, and tea tree oil is used in combination with lavender oil (it helps to prevent skin irritation).
7. Another popular method for the treatment of yellowness in the home: the use of apple cider vinegar.It should be 2 cups of vinegar mixed with 2 cups of warm water, mix well and let stand toes and hands for 15 minutes.This procedure should be done three times a day and repeat as long as the condition does not improve.Do not forget after the procedure to wipe your hands and feet dry.
However, in cases of suspected disease is important not to self-medicate, as the nail yellowing may be the initial manifestation of severe disease (jaundice of different nature, infectious disease, psoriatic lesions and nails etc.) That require immediate treatment to the doctor and started a specific treatment under medicalsupervision.
To which the doctor ask if the nails are yellow
therapist, dermatologist.You may need advice of doctors: endocrinologist, a TB, an infectious disease specialist, a neurologist.
therapists Kletkina Y.