Pain in the sacrum ( hieralgia ) - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Sacrum (Latin os sacrum.) - large triangular-shaped bone at the base of the spine, forms the upper back part of the pelvic cavity, settling like a wedge between the two hip bones.The upper part of the sacrum connects with the last lumbar vertebra, lower - with the coccyx.
sacral vertebra, vertebrae sacrales, number 5, fused an adult in a single bone - the sacrum.After 15 years begins fusion of the three lower and to 25 - two upper sacral vertebrae.Sacrum, os sacrum, has a wedge shape, located below the last lumbar vertebra and is involved in the formation of the rear wall of the pelvis.The bone distinguish the front and back surfaces, two side edges, the base (wide part facing upwards) and a tip (narrow, downward).From the bottom to the top of the sacrum bone is riddled with curved sacral canal, Canalis sacralis.The anterior surface of the sacrum is smooth, concave, faces in the pelvic cavity, and therefore it is called the pelvic surface, facies pelvina;it retains traces of fusion of five sacral v
Impaired function of the right sacroiliac joint .Offset difficult blood circulation in his right leg that causes seizures and muscle pain.This is the case of displacement of the right pelvic bone.Not only is wrong on the sacrum gives joint pain, so people while still losing weight, suffering from diarrhea and liver failure, stomach and intestines.Women often have gynecological diseases.
By moving the left hip bones obese patients, it is easy prostuzhaemy often suffer from constipation and disorders of the heart and lung function.
hieralgia (sacrodynia: Anat [os] sacrum sacrum + Greek odynē pain.). - Pain in the sacrum caused by various pathological processes in the pelvis and surrounding areas.
Pain in the sacrum - this is not a disease but a symptom that only in rare cases be explained by such specific factors as the coupling disc prolapse, malignant tumors, visceral, neurological or vascular disorders.The term "pain sacrum" attributed thus only disc binding domain localization longitudinal ligaments and surrounding intervertebral joints, from which apparently comes pain.The cause of the pain, but only in rare cases can be attributed to morphological changes.
When worried the sacrum, back pain can be so strong that nothing else and think you can not.The pains are worse when sitting, getting up fast, the body leaning forward, gravity rise.Pain can also be given in the lower back and pelvis at the same time.People often confuse the coccyx and sacrum - coccyx pain is often mistaken for sacral problems.Generally located below the sacrum coccyx, however distinguished, where the coccyx and sacrum where, as a rule, a surgeon, chiropractor and related people medicine.
In what diseases there is pain in the sacrum:
main causes of pain in the sacrum:
Pain in the sacrum may occur in osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine, spondylolisthesis (instability of the spine offset vertebral bodies), with the anomalies of the lumbosacralspine - sacralization, lyumbalizatsiya, spina bifida (spina bifida, spina bifida).
Just a pain in the sacrum (hieralgia) can cause inflammation parauterine fiber (parameters), seal the sacro-uterine ligaments and other pathological processes in the surrounding areas of the pelvic organs.Frequent pain in the sacrum (hieralgia) as well, and after gynecological procedures and operations.
1. Pain in the sacrum occurs more frequently in gynecological diseases, such as external endometriosis, localized in the sacro-uterine ligaments and / or behind the cervix.Pain in endometriosis are cyclical in nature and amplified during menstruation.
2. Pain in the sacrum, worse on exertion, observed in chronic back parameters, which leads to wrinkling recto-uterine ligaments.
3. Pain in the sacrum can be linked, for example, with abnormalities of the spine, especially with lumbosacral transitional vertebrae.In such cases, the pain in the sacrum usually appear suddenly when the load on the spine, torso to the side, a fall on the feet, as well as awkward movements.
4. Aching pain in the sacrum are often a symptom of displacement V of the lumbar vertebrae in the anteroposterior direction - spondylolisthesis.C. can also occur in pathological processes in the muscles of the gluteal region, lesions of the sacroiliac ligaments.
5. When thrombophlebitis of iliac vein and pelvic pain can be given in the back and sacrum.
6. Pain in the sacrum may appear when the fetus is in a posterior position (or occipital), in which the neck of the child presses on the bone of the sacrum in labor, it is the back part of the pelvis.However, such a pain can occur after the other the fetal position or a change from the rear to the front.The reason may be the appearance of the place enhanced muscle tension.
7. special and serious problem causing the pain arising in the sacrum and the lumbosacral junction.Almost always, and especially in women, the pain associated with existing or dyshormonal inflammatory processes of the pelvic organs.Despite signs is not an ideal state of the spinal column in the area, the pain often associated with other reasons - the state of the spine only prepares the "point of least resistance" for the formation of a painful syndrome.And men, especially the elderly, often exhibit sacral pain, which are based on processes or prostate, or - the rectum.
8. Traumatic lesions of the sacrum.Patients complaining of pain in the sacrum, are often forced to take unusual body postures due to spasm sacrovertebral muscles.The pain usually is limited to the lower part of the back and disappears within a few days if the patient is at rest.
9. tumor, infectious and metabolic diseases.Metastatic breast cancer, lung, prostate, thyroid, kidney, gastrointestinal tract, multiple myeloma and lymphoma (non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's) are a malignant tumor that most commonly affects the sacrum.As their primary location can elude the attention or asymptomatic, these patients at the time of treatment to the doctor may complain of pain in the sacrum.Pain is usually constant and aching in nature, it often persists peace.At night, the pain can be amplified.
10. An infectious lesion of the sacrum is usually caused by infection pyogenic organisms (staphylococci, or coliform bacteria) or agent of tuberculosis, which is often difficult to detect on the basis of clinical data.Patients complain of subacute or chronic pain in the sacrum, which is enhanced by movement, but does not disappear at rest.
11. In the so-called metabolic bone diseases (osteoporosis or osteomalacia) significant loss of bone substance can occur without any symptoms were.Many patients with such conditions, however, complain of long, dull, but not intense pain in the sacrum.
12. Pain in the sacrum in urological or gynecological diseases.The pelvic diseases rarely occur that cause vague pain in the sacrum, though so can manifest itself gynecological disorders.Less than 1/3 of the pathological changes in the pelvic region, accompanied by pain caused by inflammation.Other possible causes, such as the relaxation of the structures that support the uterus, retroversion of the uterus, pelvic varicose veins and swelling ovarian appendages, require further study.It is necessary to emphasize the importance of mental health in the majority of cases, unrecognized.
13. Pain during menstruation, as such, can be felt in the sacral region.It's pretty bad localized, it tends to spread to the lower limbs, and has the character of colic.The most important source of chronic pain in the sacrum, radiate from the pelvis, are, however, the utero-sacral ligaments.
14. Endometriosis or uterine cancer (body and neck) can affect these structures and the incorrect position of the uterus can lead to their tension.The pain is felt in the center of the sacrum, below the lumbosacral junction, but may be more pronounced on one side of the sacrum.In endometriosis pain occurs before menstruation, it continued for some time and goes into the pain during menstruation.Some researchers believe that abnormal uterine position (posterior deviation, ptosis and loss) leads to pain in the sacrum, especially after a long stay on his feet.Effect of body position in this case is similar to that observed tensile uterosacral ligaments uterine fibroids.
15. Chronic prostatitis confirmed by dysfunction of the prostate gland, a burning sensation when urinating, increased frequency of urination, and a small decrease in sexual potency, can be accompanied by aching pain in the sacrum;it may predominate on one side and one leg radiate if painful process involved in seminal vesicle on the same side.
16. Prostate cancer with metastasis to the lower part of the spine is another most common cause of pain in the sacrum and lower back.In this case, the pain may not be accompanied by an increase in frequency of urination or burning.Tumor cells can infiltrate the spinal nerves, spinal cord compression is possible with the defeat of the epidural space.Diagnosis is based on the study of the rectum, these radiographic techniques and radioisotope scan of the spine and determine the activity of acid phosphatase (particularly fraction phosphatase prostate).
17. Pain in the lumbosacral spine may be enhanced, for example, the expansion of the ampoule of the sigmoid colon due to accumulation of feces or exacerbation of colitis.
diagnosis of pain in the sacrum
Computed tomography (CT) scan of the lumbosacral spine and pelvic bones helps to prevent osteoarthritis or sacroiliitis sacroiliac joint (joint).As computed tomography (CT) scan of the pelvis and lumbosacral spine eliminates the patient's oncological character of lesions of the pelvic bones or vertebrae.
MRI pelvic appointed zhenschinamdlya exception of pain in the sacrum (hieralgia) from inflammation parauterine fiber (parameters), sealing the sacro-uterine ligaments, and others.
Treatment hieralgia directed to treatment of the underlying disease that causes pain Kresttsy.
When severe pain prescribe analgesics blockade (injection of drugs into the cavity of the sacroiliac joint (joint), spinal canal, in trigger points in the muscles).To facilitate the patient's condition helps physiotherapy (UHF, SMC accelerates the elimination of edema, inflammation, pain, restore range of motion in the muscles of the waist and buttocks), manual therapy and reflexology (acupuncture), exercise therapy.
There are several types of semi-rigid lumbosacral corset.All of them matched in size and can be repeatedly used in the event of recurrence of pain in the sacrum at hieralgia.Wearing a semi-rigid lumbosacral corset helps to limit the range of motion in the lumbar spine.This helps reduce pain in the sacrum area of inflammation at hieralgia and removal of excess voltage protection and spasm of the muscles of the back and buttocks.This corset patient can walk independently at home and on the street, sit in the car and in the workplace.There is no need to wear a corset as soon as is a pain in the rump.
By the way physicians treat when there is pain in the sacrum:
When pain in the sacrum necessary gynecological, urological and neurological examination, and examination of orthopedist.Character set spinal lesions using radiography.Treatment is directed at the underlying disease.
Doctors who treat pain in the sacrum: