Freckles - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
For some, the presence of freckles (pigmentation of the skin, spots on the skin, freckled) is a huge advantage, but for someone small brown spots on the face are real torture.
Freckles (Latin Ephelides.) - Small, round, light brown spots on the skin.They appear due to uneven distribution of melanin in the skin dermis or under the influence of ultraviolet light.Freckles caused by sun exposure, usually darker and have jagged edges, can be much larger.Sunny freckles type is the most common.Motes, most often localized on the upper back and shoulders.
common type of freckles, most often found in people with red hair with green eyes.They occur mostly on the face and upper body, particularly in spring and summer.
Freckles do not appear in infants.They become evident in childhood or adolescence.Sometimes the spots disappear without a trace, but in people with fair skin may remain for life.Most skin with freckles more susceptible to solar pigmentation.Under the influence of the sun spots become more intense c
Causes of freckles
Freckles are inherited from the parent with the gene (MC1-R).The symptom in this case, is maintained throughout life.They can also be the result of disturbances redistribution skin pigment resulting from too rapid synthesis of melatonin.Number freckles increases when irradiated with ultraviolet light.
What diseases can be confused norm.
Freckles can be a symptom of Peutz-Jeghers syndrome.The disease is associated with the appearance of age spots on the skin, mucous membranes, polyposis of the gastrointestinal tract.On the face, oral mucosa spots appear dark brown in color and round shape.In 20% of cases of malignant transformation occurs.If you find yourself in one of the signs of the disease, it is necessary to urgently seek medical advice and undergo a full examination.
Sometimes pigmentation similar to freckles, appears with age - is the result of hormonal changes that lead to an uneven distribution of melanin.It is better not to try to fix this problem yourself.Please consult a dermatologist.The doctor examines the depth of pigmentation and prescribe the necessary treatment.
When to see a doctor.
Freckles are not cancerous changes and not degenerate into cancer, so do not need to be afraid of them or treat.However, from time to time it is useful to monitor the condition of the skin and to visit a dermatologist.
People with freckled skin more susceptible to UV, and therefore more prone to sunburn.If after prolonged sun exposure appeared extensive redness, fever, itching - should immediately contact a doctor or therapist to call home.Excessive sunburn in people with freckled skin can lead to squamous skin cancer.
How to get rid of freckles
How to remove freckles?This question is asked by millions of owners of this type of pigmentation around the world.But before you start the fight with freckles, you should know that the effect of any treatment of permanent (temporary).Under the influence of the sun pigmentation occurs again.Currently, there are several popular methods of getting rid of freckles:
With the help of cosmetics.
Cosmetics such as creams, lotions, gels, moisturizing bases apart often contain:
• sun filters varying degrees of protection.
• Retinoids - vitamin A analogues
• Arbutin - an organic chemical used to lighten skin color.
• Fruit acid - bleached freckles corrosive method.
• Vitamin C.
• Various extracts of lemon, chamomile, cucumber and calendula.
• Freezing with liquid nitrogen freckles - sometimes effective, but very traumatic and does not fit all.
• Laser therapy - a simple and safe treatment with high efficiency and low risk of scarring or discoloration of tissues strong.The laser burns the dye in the cells and thus relieves the skin of freckles.
• Chemical Peels - remove small defects due to the overproduction of melanin (pigment spots, freckles).Acids able to penetrate the skin cells and remove excess dye.After treatment, chemical peeling, the skin is visibly brighter and fresher.
• Horseradish - it can be used to whiten your freckles.100 g to mix with horseradish 0.5 liters of vinegar and let stand in a cool place for 3 days.Use in a ratio of one cup of boiling water 1 teaspoon of tincture.Regularly wipe the freckled places infusion.
• Parsley - finely chopped parsley, pour a glass of boiling water, leave for 15 minutes.Then moisten a cloth in the infusion and put on a place where there are freckles on 15 minutes.
• Dried fennel - 1 tea spoon of dill, pour a glass of boiling water, cover with a towel and leave for 40-60 minutes.Then, the resulting infusion filter.Every day, apply the mixture on your face for 15-20 minutes and then rinse with water.After four weeks of regular use of infusion and whiten your skin will become radiant appearance.
• Licorice - Contains the active ingredient glabridin.The use of infusion of the skin surface improves the complexion and moisturizes well.
Masks and scrubs of freckles at home.
One of the easiest ways to get rid of freckles - treat them with lemon juice.However, you should be careful!The acid contained in the lemon, can irritate the skin and make it more sensitive to the sun.
has long been in the fight with freckles cucumber has been used successfully.You can simply cut into thin slices and put on freckles on 20 minutes.Another way - wipe 2 cucumbers, mix them with a teaspoon of lemon juice and used as a mask for 15 minutes.
may be prepared exfoliating scrub.To do this, take 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and oatmeal, pour a quarter of a glass of milk.Mix until a semisolid consistency of the mucus.Gently apply the mixture on your face as a scrub.Massage the skin and wash off all the water.
To lighten freckles suited mask of cucumber and tomato.Squeeze a spoonful of juice of cucumber, tomato and lemon.You can add a spoonful of olive oil, flaxseed oil or sandalwood.Mix the ingredients and apply on face.Make sure that the mask would not dried up.After 15-20 minutes, wash your skin with water and moisten with cream.
Winners freckles often concerned with the question: "Will they be able to get rid of them forever?".In such cases, people are ready for any methods and costs.Modern cosmetology and medicine will help to reduce the intensity of freckles, but the effect is not permanent and will have to repeat the treatment regularly.
prevention of freckles - a more reasonable solution than belated attempts at treatment.After getting rid of this type of pigmentation relatively difficult and not always successful.
- People with freckles should avoid prolonged exposure to the sun.
- In areas of intense sunlight and need to use creams with filters for protection (protective filter 30) from the harmful UV rays.
- Protect your face and head headgear with a visor or wide brim.
- the greatest solar activity hours stay at home or are in the shade.
doctor cosmetologist Kondratenko NA