Hyperkeratosis of the skin - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Hyperkeratosis (keratoderma, keratodermatoz, keratome) - a form of keratosis, a skin condition in which the skin is covered with dry coarse scales due to the overproduction of keratin, resulting in a thickening of the granular layer of the dermis of the skin.Such thickening of the skin can appear anywhere, especially in areas of friction or irritation, but there are areas on the body, are more prone to the formation of horny growths: the heels, knees, elbows and forearms.
keratodermatoza Sometimes the symptom becomes visible on the face.Due to the protective properties of skin disorders in bacteria penetrate the pores.The dermis loses moisture and becomes inflamed, spongy appear dilated pores.Secrete sebum comes out of the pores and comedones appear (black dots).
Most often, hyperkeratosis combined with the excessive dryness of the skin, but the problem of increased keratinization dermis arises not only because of its drying out, but also due to the fact that dead cells are sloughed off.Lesions us
• Chronic inflammation of the skin.
• Changes in skin color.
• Hair loss.
Generally, keratoses - a diverse group of non-inflammatory skin disease characterized by impaired rogoobrazovaniya process (excessive development of the stratum corneum, or delay the normal exfoliation).Keratoses are quite common, but their classification is developed clearly in connection with the uncertainty of the causes and pathogenesis of many of them.
• Hyperkeratosis of the skin may occur in people who do not carry out regular procedures for skin care, such as exfoliation and moisturizing cosmetic.As a result of dehydration dry and dead skin cells build up and create unsightly on the stratum corneum surface.
• Our skin is constantly exposed to adverse external factors, such as water and detergents, of UF radiation (solar hyperkeratosis).As a result of impaired lipid layer of the dermis and the moisture from the skin evaporates.
• In connection with the violation of the metabolic processes of the skin cells begin to die very quickly and horny layer of the skin is much thicker.
• hyperkeratosis can often develop on their own, without any apparent reason.In these cases, the symptom is noticeable immediately after birth and is an inherited disorder.
• Constant irritation, wearing the wrong shoes and clothing also cause thickening of the skin.
• HPV or human papilloma virus contributes to the appearance of hyperkeratosis.The reason may be hyperkeratosis and other infections, is an example of frambeziyny hyperkeratosis caused by the spirochete.
• It is also believed that the symptoms of thickening and dryness of the skin can be caused by a deficiency of vitamin A.
• Lack of estrogen hormones in menopausal women contributes to hyperkeratosis.
• The aging of the organism, hyperkeratosis associated with age-related skin changes.
Diseases for which there may be a symptom of hyperkeratosis
• Ichthyosis - hereditary chronic dermatosis.
• Ringworm - lesions of various etiologies.
• Psoriasis - a chronic skin deramatoz infectious nature.
• Metabolic disorders, including diabetes, thyroid disease, obesity.
• Atopichessky dermatitis.
To which the doctor and when to apply immediately
High actinic skin is a common cosmetic defect.If hyperkeratosis manifests itself not much and not complicate life of the patient, the medical consultation is required.With significant symptoms should see a doctor dermatologist may need to consult an endocrinologist.If the hyperkeratosis is not associated with any inherited or chronic disease, is sufficient to visit a beautician parlor.Staff can advise on treatment and proper skin care.
Treatment of hyperkeratosis hyperkeratosis
Treatment depends on the cause, location, type, and severity.If the doctor did not reveal the disease will help to cope with hyperkeratosis beautician.
Beauty treatments are aimed at easing the dermis of the skin and removal of seals.
• For the treatment of severe skin hyperkeratosis commonly used oral medications.Regular intake of medicines containing retinoids, help to deal effectively with problems of dry skin.The most common of these is aktitretin.It consists of a substance analogue of retinoic acid.Hyperkeratosis
• skin can also be treated with calcipotriol.It is an active form of vitamin D. This medication is applied directly on the affected skin.After about two weeks of the first effects of the treatment are visible.
• In smaller-scale and less severe cases, it is recommended the use of creams and ointments that are rich in fats.This treatment improves the lipid composition of the skin and retain moisture.
• enrich your diet should be fruits and vegetables such as carrots, spinach, cauliflower, plums, peaches or strawberries, lemons, as they contain large amounts of vitamins A and C.
• Improvement of skin condition can be achieved by using coarse peelingusing massage glove for a shower.Good to combine this procedure with a sauna or steam bath.
• Good dermocosmetics for dry skin and combat keratosis should contain at least one of these substances:
- Shea butter - it contains oleic, stearic, palmitic and linoleic acid.They are almost identical with the fatty acids contained in the stratum corneum of the dermis.
- Salicylic Acid 2% - facilitates the separation of dead skin flakes.
- Urea 20% - moisturizes and improves the flexibility of the stratum corneum.
- Allantoin - accelerates and heals damaged skin.
- Panthenol - effectively soothes irritation.
- lactic or glycolic acid - softens the skin.
- Tretinoin - smoothes the skin's surface.
- Vitamins A, C.
Other treatments, depending on the location and type of hyperkeratosis:
• Calluses and corns - to help the use of silicone gaskets, a protection plasters and special insoles.
• Warts - removed by freezing with liquid nitrogen (cryosurgery), burning with a laser, and cut out surgically.
• Chronic eczema - treated with corticosteroid ointments (prednisolone, hydrocortisone) or creams that are rubbed into the affected area of skin.
• Lichen planus - is used for the treatment of immune stimulants (neovir, IFN) and hormonal therapy with corticosteroids.
• keratosis - can be treated with laser therapy, skin peeling or dermabrasion.
• Seborrheic keratoses - is removed with a scalpel or cryosurgery.
• Face Keratodermatoz (enlarged pores and comedones) - for the treatment of fruit can be used piligngi, microdermabrasion, vitamin therapy (mesotherapy), vitamins A, C
Traditional recipes treatment of hyperkeratosis
• Calendula - may be included in creams, oils, ointments.Calendula is used to treat plantar hyperkeratosis 1980.It has a strong action of keratolytic and antiinflammatory properties as well.
• Birch tar - has anti-inflammatory and regenerating effect on the skin.It includes more than 10 000 nutrients.
• Juice dandelion - is effectively used for the treatment of calluses and corns.Juice should be lubricated hardened skin.
• Lard - well moisturizes and protects skin.They lubricate dry and rough skin at night.For convenience, you can wrap with cling film.
• Badger fat - to lubricate cracked and bleeding skin.
• decoction of chamomile - used to treat hyperkeratosis face.The broth is frozen and rub an ice cube on the skin problem areas.
• Soda peeling - for sensitive spaces with little thickening of the skin such as the face, shoulders.
doctor cosmetologist Kondratenko NA