Oily Skin - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Oily skin (greasy, seborrheic, uneven, porous, oily skin with gipersalnoy function) is a common problem among teenagers and people under the age of 30 years.Oily skin is characterized mainly by excess sebum, which is produced in the sebaceous glands.People with this type of skin may be noticeable expansion of the pores or inflammation of hair follicles, shiny face.Leather with gipersalnoy function requires proper care, otherwise you may have acne (pimples) and other inflammatory processes.
region of increased fat content are: forehead, nose, chin, back, shoulders and chest.The sebaceous glands are very important for a person and is responsible for many processes in the body.Sebum protects the skin from external influences and includes derivatives of lipids.The composition and secretion of sebum varies in different periods of life.fat synthesized leather mixed with secretions from sweat glands and creates a surface layer.It protects the skin from excessive moisture loss, harmful external factors, soften
Causes of oily skin
- Hormones affect oil production in the sebaceous glands:
In the second phase of the menstrual cycle in women noted an increased amount of sebum secreted.This is due to a hormonal background.
Oily skin is more common in men, regardless of age.This is due to the predominance of the body of the hormone testosterone, which is responsible for the production of sebum.
problem with increased greasiness of the skin is common in young women, girls, teens, especially those older than 12 years.This problem occurs because of puberty.It is characterized by excessive activity of the sebaceous glands.
- exerts influence environmental factors, stress (especially chronic), cigarette smoke, air pollution.
- UV exacerbates the problems with oily skin.The sun's rays dry out and thicken the stratum corneum, which prevents the escape of sebum and acne appear (pimples, blackheads).
- Improper diet, eating a large Number of fried, fatty, spicy enhances the greasiness of the skin.
- hygiene Failure (need regular washing in the morning, the treatment of the skin prone to greasiness) leads to increased fat and skin inflammation.
- ambient temperature Increase increases the secretion of sebum.
- sebum secreted number also depends on the area of the body.The greatest number of sebaceous glands located on the face, chest and torso.
- Use of substandard cosmetics , on the basis of an oily or greasy aggravate skin problems.
- Disorders of the immune system contribute zhirnoti, as the skin is a protective layer.In case of violation of immune processes may appear the symptom of oily skin.
diseases for which there may be a symptom of oily skin
Diabetes .One of the symptoms can be oiliness and inflammatory responses.This is due to the fact that the disease Polysystem (affects all organs and systems).
Women subnutrition (cachexia, asthenic body type).For the synthesis of Gomonov necessary nutrients.If, as a result of poor nutrition or diet, the woman does not receive them, it is not enough building material for the female sex hormones in the body begin to dominate men.In this case, oiliness, is defined as a symptom of high content of male hormones.
Obesity (men and women increased supply).Leather zhirneet as a result of improper diet, excessive sweating.
hormonal imbalance in women may be associated with dysfunction of the ovaries, sharp cancellation of contraceptives, tumors of the reproductive system (the reproductive system, which carries the function of reproduction), menopause, and so on.As a result, increased levels of male sex hormones and there is a characteristic symptom of oily skin, the appearance of bristly hair, deepening of voice, irregular menstrual cycles, sweating.If you do not go to the doctor, you can develop infertility, cancers, irreversible changes in appearance.It is recommended to consult an endocrinologist, implement symptomatic treatment at the beautician.
hyperandrogenism in men - increased content of male sex hormones.this complication often seen in men, professional bodybuilders and the athletes, as they often use chemically synthesized testosterone to build muscle.But there are cases of genetic predisposition to such a phenomenon, with age, the synthesis of hormones decline and everything returns to normal.Treatment associated with the elimination of symptoms.Consultation endocrinologist, cosmetologist, valeology, nutritionist, in some cases, a psychiatrist (aggressiveness, jealousy, anxiety appearance), sexologist (strong sexual desire, promiscuous sexual relationships, rapid ejaculation).
Hypertrichosis (increased hairiness) in men and women - a disease associated in some cases with the production of sex hormones and may be accompanied by oily skin.
Liver disease (hepatitis, fatty liver) - the liver is responsible for functions such as the removal of toxins and excess hormones and other substances in the body.In case of violation of this body may be a symptom of zhirnay skin in the forehead and nasolabial folds.
When should always consult a doctor
a result of oily skin may develop inflammatory diseases, since sebum is a breeding ground for bacteria.If you find yourself in such complications, should seek immediate medical attention.This way you will be able to warn the increased scarring of the tissues, the development of septic skin diseases, the spread of infection in the body, avoid many chronic diseases (such as sore throat, runny nose, low immunity).In the inflammatory processes associated with increased greasiness of the skin, mainly involved the bacterium Staphylococcus stafillakok, streptococcus and propionobakteriya.The infection can spread to other parts of the body or other people.If left untreated infectious process, it can be lethal.Death usually occurs by general intoxication or sepsis.Therefore, it is important to timely access to a specialist.
Seborrheic fat dermatitis is an inflammatory skin disease that is characterized by greasy, scaly lesions of red color (fresh eruptions) or white-gray color (dry, old), scalp, hairline and the face, folds around the nose and ears, breasts, axilla (armpits), groin.Should consult kozhvenerologa or cosmetologist.This occurs when the pores of the skin become clogged with fat, dead skin cells and bacteria.It should be treated by a beautician, with extensive lesions of the skin - kozhvenerologa consultation, nutritionist, endocrinologist.
Carbuncle (or boil) - deeper skin lesions, sometimes affecting the subcutaneous fat layer.The reason is the infectious process in the hair follicle, near the hair accumulates pus (abscess).This is directly related to the fat content of the skin.Improper functioning of the sebaceous glands secrete excessive amounts of fat and infection joins later.It should be treated by a surgeon, further consultation of the endocrinologist, kozhvenerologa.
Necrosis - necrosis due to deeper penetration of infection.
Oily Skin Treatment
Oily Skin Treatment should be complex.It is necessary to identify and eliminate the cause, and then the symptoms of the disease.Therapy without visible signs of a deeper examination will bring only temporary results.Most often specialists use a comprehensive approach to solving this problem, which includes a survey (analysis of the maintenance of hormones in blood sugar, general analyzes characterizing somatic condition that detect pathogenic flora), studying genetic predisposition and life history (especially food habits).The treatment combines cabin treatments, hardware techniques and pharmacotherapy.
Drug treatment of oily skin
To reduce the fat content of the skin can assign products containing the following kompanenty:
- Lactoferrin - a protein with antimicrobial and antioxidant properties.A beneficial effect on the immune balance.
- Adapalene - is a derivative of Vitamin A, prevents the appearance of comedones, reduces inflammation.Effective combination with antibiotics to treat the inflamed areas of skin.
- Benzoyl peroxide - well exfoliates, rejuvenates the skin, prevents the growth of pathogenic flora.
- Azaleinovaya acid - reduces inflammation, reduces the growth of bacteria, exfoliates.
- Zinc - strong keratolytics (dissolves dead skin)
- Copper - regulates the secretion of sebum.
- Sulphur - affects the sebaceous glands secretion and suppresses them.
- Izotretinoid - is synthesized in small amounts in the human body, it inhibits the production of sebum, lyse (dissolve) the stratum corneum.
- bacteriocins and pyocyanin - products of metabolism of bacteria (Escherichia, Enterococcus, Streptococcus, Pseudomonas), grown in a sterile environment.Boosts the immune properties of the skin, contribute to its rapid regeneration.
- D-Panthenol - Increases collagen in the skin strength, normalize cellular metabolism.It is necessary for skin recovery irritating treatments such as peeling.
- Vitamin B6 - involved in the metabolism of proteins (e.g., lactoferrin) and unsaturated fatty acids.Beneficial effect on the functioning of the nervous, hematopoietic and immune systems.
- Vitamin PP - a positive effect on the metabolism and normal functioning of the skin.
- mineral zinc - a positive effect on the immune system.Zinc protects the immune cells from the harmful effects of free radicals and activates the body's defense mechanisms, essential for healthy skin.
- Other drugs that have a beneficial effect on the skin: Selenium, Coenzyme Q10, Nicotinic acid (vitamin PP), folic acid, Vitamin E, Vitamin C
Hormone therapy to eliminate fat skin:
drugs during climax atwomen - Vero Danazol, Divina, Finland, Divisek, Indivina, Klimodien, Livial.
other violations gormonalnogot background: contraceptives with antiandrogenic action - Yarina, Jess, Janine, Belarus.
Antibiotic with oily skin is not assigned! In order to prevent acne is better to use local antiseptics and exfoliating agents.Antibiotics kill beneficial skin flora, resistance may emerge in the case of urgent need (for example, acne and other inflammations) they will not be effective.
oily skin treatment herb
herbs contain flavonoids, tannins, saponins, silicic acid, plant hormones and trace elements.Plant extracts are often used in cosmetics, because they have a broad spectrum of action.These substances stimulate cell growth, DNA synthesis accelerates act as antioxidants and delaying aging.
- camomile extract cleanses, softens.Acting locally, it has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic action.It restores skin elasticity and smoothness.
- Sage has antibacterial, soothing, regenerating effect.
- Calendula officinalis has a healing, regenerative properties on damaged skin.
- oak or birch bark has antiseptic properties and tannins.
- extract Viola tricolor cleans, affects the metabolism and helps to remove harmful substances that accumulate in the body.
- Green tea extract has antioxidant properties, reduces the effects on the skin of free radicals.
- extract from dandelion root strengthens the body's defenses.It maintains the proper functioning of the liver, gall bladder and kidneys.It helps in the excretion of metabolic products, which is useful for the skin.
In addition to the daily care at home, oily skin requires additional treatment.It is assigned to a dermatologist or beautician.The main treatments for oily skin are:
Hardware treatments for oily skin:
- biostimulation Laser - laser treatment exposure, which causes photochemical changes in the skin.The procedure smoothes, refreshes and regenerates the skin, improving its elasticity and color;
- Microdermabrasion - a stream of tiny particles that grind the skin painlessly (diamond grit, aluminum oxide, etc.) is recommended to remove wrinkles, enlarged pores, tightens and reduces stretch marks;
- Iontophoresis - micro-currents, which by means of special nozzles are passed through the skin.It enhances blood flow, improve microcirculation and nutrition.The effect of treatment is the skin regeneration, deeper penetration into it of nutrients.
- peeling Cavitation (ultrasound) - is a shock wave, which provides a painless skin cleansing.Cleaning ultrasonic face removes excess sebum from the pores of the hair follicles, cleans horny skin;
- Ultrasonic phonophoresis - specific mechanical vibrations, which have a massage effect, destroys the fibroid tissue, Lymphatic (displays excess liquid).Treatment prevents clogging fat hair follicles, skin rashes and reduces the symptoms of local irritation.
- Darsonvalization - pulse current of high frequency, which is held to the skin by means of vacuum electrodes.It dries the skin, improves nutrition and tissue regeneration.
Beauty treatments for oily skin
- Scrubs (midalny, apricot, salt, clay, plastic, and so on) - obrazivny method for aligning and cleansing.
- Peels acids (lactic acid, a fruit acid, pyruvic acid, TCA, glycolic, and so on) - lowers the pH of the skin, which has a bacteriostatic effect.Regulates sebum and reduces the greasiness of the skin;
- Masks (mud, clay, seaweed) - disinfect, heal, soothe the skin, remove excess sebum.
- Manual cleaning of the face - the mechanical and the most traumatic way to clean the skin pores.It is recommended that a cleaning only in cosmetology centers.
Prevention oily skin diseases
1. When choosing makeup to give preference Drugs:
- with reduced lipid content,
- with anti-bacterial and antiseptic composition (alcohol is not more than 10% !!!),
- Hypoallergenic (neutral flavoring orbetter without the smell),
- containing natural plant extracts.
- If it is not a certified specialist shop in which you believe, it is better to choose less popular, not expensive cosmetics brand.They are less than fakes.Make your choice in favor of domestic producers.They are in the manufacture of cosmetics often use plants in our latitude, which are less allergens.
2. Once a week, use a simple peel or skin treatment.
3. Use sunscreen year round UVA and UVB.
4. Walk in the sauna.
5. Do not abuse everyday makeup, provide the skin oxygen supply.Always wash off makeup at night.
6. Use butillirovannuyu water to wash your face.Do not wash your face with soap and water, better suited cleansing gel for oily skin.
7. Avoid hand contact with the person.Dirty hands carry bacteria.
doctor cosmetologist Kondratenko NA