Sweating - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Most people sweat during exercise and physical work.This is normal and even necessary.Sweat protects the body from overheating.Sweat and sebum in the armpits hands gliding over the body while walking.
How does sweating
sweating mechanism is simple: gets the nerve impulse, causing it to shrink and ducts disposed of sweat in the sweat glands.
Sweating is considered to be increased if:
- happens clothes getting wet, there is a need to change
- an unpleasant body odor and foot
- you are worried, you want to avoid close contact (hugs, handshakes), limit physical activity to avoid sweating.
Sweating due to enhanced work of sweat glands.There are 2 types of hyperhidrosis:
- Secondary .It is caused by some other condition, such as hyperthyroidism, diabetes or infection.Sweating may be a side effect of taking certain medications.At the same time sweating the whole body, including the chest and back.Sometimes a person is sweating even in my dreams.
- Primary. not a consequence of the disease.Doctors do not know its true cause, but there is a tendency to transfer his inheritance.With increased separation of this type of sweat only certain areas of the body (palms, soles of the feet, armpits and face).
diseases caused by excessive sweating
- Thyroid diseases (eg, hyperthyroidism)
- diseases accompanied by fever, for example, infectious diseases, and others.
To which the doctor askwhen sweating
when sweating should be examined by a doctor:
- therapist (general practitioner)
Treatment of sweating, do not cause disease
sweating treatable.As a rule, turning to the doctor, it is possible to achieve improvement.Reduce perspiration by using a variety of methods.Choose the best method to help the doctor.
powerful antiperspirants .These funds are administered in the first place.They contain 20-25% aluminum chloride.This is much higher than in conventional antiperspirants containing only 1-2% of the active substance.Antiperspirants can be processed palm, soles of the feet and armpits.They are easy to use, but it is possible skin irritation.
Iontophoresis .Sweating is terminated under the action of a weak electric current.The most effective for sweating of the feet and palms.Course of treatment: 3-4 times a week for 2-3 weeks.Contra - the presence of a pacemaker.
injections of botulinum toxin (Botox) .Botulinum toxin does not penetrate the nerve impulse to the sweat glands, reducing its emission of sweat and does not occur.Effectively stops the sweat glands.Duration - 5-6 months.Injections are expensive and painful, but most were very satisfied with the result.There is information about the harmful effects of botulinum toxin on the body, so a way to reduce sweating applied taking into account assessment of damage / benefit to the patient.
anticholinergics .Block the production of substances responsible for sweating.Effective in the treatment of hyperhidrosis of the body.May cause dry mouth, blurred vision and constipation;there are contraindications.
Another group of drugs for the treatment of hyperhidrosis - beta blockers .
Surgery. resorted to surgery rarely - only when the sweating is very high and other means do not help.