Seizures - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Cramps - a paroxysmal involuntary contraction of the muscles, their twitching.There are clonic and tonic convulsions.Tonic - a muscular tension - spasm.Clone - a change in muscle tone - involuntary muscle twitching.Chance and match option - tonic-clonic seizures.
Distinguish partial (local) and generalized (general) seizures.
- Local cramps - it fits in a particular muscle group.There are twitching with stereotyped movements, overexertion of muscles - the work on the assembly line, sitting down in the garden "to squat", writer's cramp, while running, play the violin ..., when colds, cramps of calf muscles during sleep.Local convulsive reduction of muscles of the hand, foot, face, trunk, and possibly with serious brain damage, the motor centers of the cerebral cortex, innervate this muscle group.This cramping will be observed on the opposite side of the brain lesion.
- Generalized seizures - occur during an epileptic seizure in epilepsy or epi syndrome as a complication of traumatic brain injury, infections, intoxication ...
Possible causes seizures
- giperkinez - violent excess movement.There may be a symptom while a small chorea, cerebral palsy, subcortical lesion of function-stem structures - extrapyramidal system: athetosis, chorea, torsion spasms, myoclonus, hemiballismus.
- Face gemispazm - clonic and tonic spasms of muscles of one side of the face for 1-3 minutes - zazhmurivaetsya eyes, his mouth pulled to the side, tonic tense neck muscles - Half-tonic.The appearance of facial hemispasm associated with damage to cortico-nuclear innervation of the facial nerve.
- Idiopathic gemispazm - that is, when the cause is not found.
- Symptomatic gemispazm occurs when the facial nerve compression of the blood vessels (the basilar or vertebral), vascular malformations, tumors;multiple sclerosis, trauma, neuroinfections (neuroborreliosis), complication of neuropathy of the facial nerve, with tumor of the parotid gland ... Mimic movements, chewing, squinting may provoke an attack.The attack can not be controlled, there remains a dream.
for the differential diagnosis of possible causes of seizures carried out magnetic resonance imaging of the brain, angiography, electroneurogram in endemic areas serological tests on neuroborreliosis.
When a compression of the facial nerve vessel malformation, tumor-operative treatment, which is discussed in each case.
For treatment use anticonvulsants (carbamazepine, finlepsin, Depakine, gabapentin ...) and muscle relaxants (baclofen, Mydocalmum, botulinum toxin), reflexology.Drugs prescribed by the doctor.
- Blepharospasm - involuntary tonic or tonic-clonic contraction of circular muscles of the eye - frequent blinking.It may manifest as a symptom of a torsion muscular dystonia, brain tumors, stroke, degenerative diseases of the nervous system (hepatolenticular degeneration, myotonia, myasthenia gravis ...), intoxication with neuroleptics, antidepressants, lithium preparations ... It may be a complication of unsuccessful tooth extraction, prosthetics, facial trauma,overvoltage facial muscles, visual stress occurs more frequently ... 50 - 60 years of age.The disease is a chronic progressive.After
condition improves sleep for a few hours.Present corrective gestures - touching the upper half of the face, taking off glasses-dressing ... - blink rate slows.Reflex blepharospasm may be in the disease of the anterior eye - glaucoma, inflammatory diseases - conjunctivitis, iridocyclitis;hysteria.For the treatment used anticonvulsants (carbamazepine, finlepsin, Depakine, gabapentin ...) and muscle relaxants (baclofen, Mydocalmum, botulinum toxin), reflexology.Drugs prescribed by the doctor.
- Tick Century - occurs at a young age when the mental and emotional tension, stress.Pass or on their own (in the mild form) or after taking a sedative - valerian, dormiplant, novopassit, Sedavit, pantokaltsin tranquilizers.
Face paraspazm (spasm Meza) - Bilateral tonic or tonic-clonic hyperkinesis.It may be in the defeat of the basal ganglia, (for example, after neuroinfections).
- spasmodic torticollis - form local hyperkinesis - involuntary turns of the head and neck, tonic and tonic-clonic spasms in the muscles of the neck with one hand.There is a congenital anomaly, torsion dystonia, extrapyramidal pathology.
- chirospasm - writing cramp - a violation of the motor function of the hand, fingers, associated with a long letter (students, teachers, doctors ...) and neuro-emotional tension.
When you try to write there is a painful spasmodic contraction muscles of the hand, and possibly the forearm and shoulder.Such convulsive, painful muscle contractions hands possible and Piano - "hand piano", violin - "Fiddler hand", milkmaids - "hand milkmaids", the dancers - convulsive reduction of muscles of the foot - "spasm ballerina" ... in all these cases there is aoverexertion of individual muscle groups.
However, before treatment is necessary to exclude more serious causes of the disease - chorea, torsion dystonia, hepatolenticular degeneration ... at the time of treatment should stop the activity that caused the muscle overexertion (email ...).Appointed tranquilizers, muscle relaxants, physiotherapy, massage, pine and iodine-bromine baths, reflexology, B vitamins
- myoclonus - minor cramping and twitching in the individual muscle fibers.There are at Kozhevnikov epilepsy, encephalitis.
- Crump - short-term painful cramps in the calves and feet, toes.Cramps occur more frequently at night, when sipping.Painful muscles tighten foot bent, fingers are reduced - a man wakes up in pain.May occur in diseases of the peripheral nervous system, central nervous system, diseases of internal organs, muscles, endocrine problems, diseases of the lower limbs, pregnancy ...
Physical activity, overexertion, alcohol, smoking, fatigue, hypothermia and heat (violation of water-electrolytebalance - hypokalemia, hypocalcemia), a decrease in blood sugar ... may cause seizures.The survey is conducted by a doctor appointed by the treatment of the underlying disease.Symptomatic can take calcium with vitamin D3, muscle relaxants, gentle massage, physiotherapy is shown, contrasting water treatments.
- variety of convulsive symptoms are at hysteria - cramps fingers to "hysterical arc."Unlike an epileptic seizure the patient does not lose consciousness, gently lowered to the floor, bent in tonic spasm in the mind of people clusters.In such cases, psychiatric help.
- generalized convulsive syndrome may be a manifestation of epilepsy , both disease and symptom in traumatic brain injury (trauma consequences), neuroinfections, intoxication (including alcohol).Epileptic seizures may debut a stroke, brain tumor.
Possible causes leg cramps
- Violation of venous circulation (chronic venous insufficiency, varicose veins, thrombophlebitis of superficial and deep veins).
- Violation of arterial blood flow due to injury of lower limb arteries (atherosclerosis of the arteries of the lower extremities, obliterating thromboangigitis, thrombosis and embolism of the arteries of the lower extremities, changes in the walls of blood vessels in diabetes mellitus).
- Violation innervation of blood vessels and soft tissues of the lower limbs (Raynaud's disease, nerve damage in diabetes - polyneuropathy).
Any seizure should serve as an occasion to see a doctor.Surveys and destination are individual, depending on the objective state.
What should I do in case of cramps?
Take Analgesic means and seek medical advice.In the event of seizures should massage the body part in which they appear in order to improve the circulation of blood.In the throes of a calcium deficiency should eat a number of foods that contain calcium, such as dairy products.Help
what doctors may be required in convulsions?
- therapist or a general practitioner (family doctor).
- Vascular surgeon.
neurologist Kobzev SV