Unquenchable thirst for constant - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Thirst - normal after exercise in hot weather, after receiving the salty and spicy foods.It is associated with a loss of body fluids from sweating.Constant craving - when a person wants to drink constantly, no matter how much he had drunk.
most common causes pathological thirst (polydipsia):
- Lack of water and salts in the body (for example, as a result of sweating, diarrhea, vomiting).
- Taking certain medicines.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, caffeine and salt.
Possible diseases that cause constant thirst
thirst can be a sign of a more serious disease, its cause:
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar)
- diabetes insipidus (disturbance of water metabolism)
- Renal work(eg Fanconi syndrome)
- liver diseases (hepatitis or cirrhosis)
- Bleeding (such as in the intestine)
- burns or infection
- head injury
- Mental disorders (schizophrenia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, causing thirst).
Medications causing constant thirst
Calling thirst may receive certain drugs.
- Diuretic agents.Used in the treatment of hypertension, diabetes and heart failure.Also appointed edema and diabetes insipidus.They lead to frequent urination and dehydration.
- Antibiotics tetracycline .Used to treat bacterial infections.Display the sodium from the body.
- Li. used to treat bipolar disorder and other psychiatric disorders.
- Phenothiazine .It is used to treat schizophrenia and other mental disorders.
Increased urination and unquenchable thirst are among the first and most characteristic signs of diabetes.These symptoms contribute to the rapid detection of diabetes in young children who can not yet speak of his condition.These displays have a frequent and copious urination, which was characterized as bedwetting, diapers and after drying a yellowish starched look.
These symptoms are typical for diabetes insipidus.
cause of constant thirst and frequent, copious urination can be addiction .This fact should be taken into account teenage parents if the child puts himself in the evening in bed with a glass of water to drink at night - you need to talk to him and to clarify the situation.
To what doctor to consult in the event of constant thirst
primarily to the endocrinologist.If the appearance of constant thirst preceded by trauma - to the traumatologist and neurologist.It may also clarify the reasons for your continued zhazhdv general practitioner (GP)