Rickettsial disease - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
rickettsial diseases - a group of acute infectious disease caused by intracellular parasites, occupies an intermediate position between the bacteria and viruses;with priority transmissible mechanism of transmission and characterized by generalized vasculitis and rash occurring against the backdrop of feverish intoxication syndrome.
rickettsial diseases with bacteria Rickettsia is considered similar to the following reasons: the cell structure of the same, have DNA and RNA, reproduce binary fission, and are sensitive to antibiotics.Properties combining Rickettsia virus: are capable of intracellular parasitism, do not breed on artificial media and badly stained.
There is a conventional division of rickettsial diseases in the following groups:
• Typhus (epidemic typhus, Brill disease, endemic typhus or rat, Canadian typhus);
• Group tick spotted fever: Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Marseille fever, tick-borne typhus CA
• tsutsungamushi Group: jungle fever or Japanese river fever;
• pnevmorikketsiozov Group - it applies only Ku-fever;
• Group paroxysmal ricketsiosis - Volyn fever only refers to it.
Previously, the term "Rickettsia" united a large group of gram-negative microorganisms, usually closely related to the ability to live arthropods, ie Rickettsia childbirth, Coxiella, Ehrlichia, Orientia, were assigned to one order Rickettsiales, but now they belong to the type of Proteobacteria and differentclasses, but in some literature they continue to put together because of the very many properties.Bartonella, formerly called rickettsia now represent the single group of microorganisms, because they have significant difference from Rickettsia - the ability to reproduce in artificial media.The genus Bartonella treated pathogen Volyn fever, but genetic and morphological characters was a proposal to move it to the genus Bartonella and family Bartonellaceae.A Q fever is the only representative of the species of the genus Coxiella Burnettii Rickettsia.As a result, Q fever and fever Volyn currently occupy an intermediate position between the rickettsia and Bartonellas.
rickettsioses All have in common the structure:
• The presence of adhesion factor determines the ability to mount and further colonization.
• Endotoxin - LPS (lipopolysaccharide) cell wall, it is released only after the death of the originator.
• capsule-like layer that protects against phagocytosis.
• Presence osobotaksichnogo heat labile protein that is localized in a capsule layer.
• Has hemolytic activity, ie destroys red blood cells and their subsequent gluing and as a result of this violation of the rheological properties of blood.
• In the external environment are not resistant and die quickly;
• ruinous to them are high temperaturyi at 80 ° C, die after 1 minute.
• Disinfectants also act destructively;
• Rickettsia are resistant to low temperatures and drying.
susceptibility is very high, the sex and age there are no restrictions.Rickettsioses widespread disease, registering on all continents, but more often in countries with low social development.It is typical seasonal increase in incidence in winter and autumn, but especially from January to March, due to increasing population density, reducing the resistance on the part of the immune system and create a favorable temperature conditions.
reasons rickettsial infection
Source - a sick man and rodents.The carrier - fleas, lice, ticks.infection Path - transimissivny (for insect bites), but there may be blood transfusion and transplacental.
Bloodsucking parasites - carriers of rickettsial diseases
symptoms of rickettsial diseases
symptoms of diseases caused by the rickettsial diseases and their treatment are similar, but there are preferential differences, which are discussed in the relevant articles: typhus and Brill's disease, endemic typhus (Manchutyphus), Tick-borne typhus of northern Asia, Marseilles fever, typhus Vezikulёzny, Tsutsungamushi, Volyn fever
therapists Shabanova IE