Paranoid personality disorder ( paranoid ) - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Paranoid disorder or traditional domestic terminology personality paranoid personality disorder "is characterized by distrust and suspicion of others."This faith in their own ideas and abilities may be excessive.
main manifestations of this type of psychopathy is a special tendency of patients to the emergence of overvalued formations, combined with the rigidity of the psyche, suspicion and, as a rule, high self-esteem.
Milestones paranoid personality disorder
Since childhood, these individuals tend to be one-sided interests, preferences, stubbornness, straight judgment.Increased activity and the revaluation of own abilities leads to the desire for leadership, self-affirmation, often in spite of the resistance of others.They are extremely sensitive and vindictive, are extremely sensitive to disagree with their opinion.However, they do not forgive anyone, even the most insignificant offenses.Other people paranoid psychopaths are usually treated with disregard, down.Typical signs of overvalued ideas
As they grow, especially their character stronger.Patients become ossified, conservative, rigid.
Symptoms of paranoid personality disorder Paranoid
psychopaths hardly able to maintain normal everyday relationships within the family and the team.Let this inability to compromise, the desire to act in all cases, consistent only with his opinion.Their opinions differ categorically, self-confidence, categorically.
particular meaning and significance for becoming paranoid that one way or another connected with his own personality, affect his interests.For events outside the realm of "attraction" of the "I", they deeply care about, simply excluding them from the field of active attention."Everything that has a close relationship to his" I "seems to be a little paranoiac worthwhile."
In this aspect, it is necessary to emphasize one more feature of the paranoid, hardly noticeable in everyday life, but clearly in the physical conditions of the hospital - egosyntonic and egodystonic for their own physical sphere.Psychopathic personality of this circle not only indifferent to the number of external events of life, but also to the problems of his physical condition.The news of the severe physical illness often leaves them indifferent - not entail anxiety, fear of adverse consequences of disease, fear of death, mood decline.This often leads to the neglect of medical advice, refusal of medication, the patient can continue to carry out life-threatening exercise and physical activity.
constant opposition to the others, perception of the world as a phenomenon of the opposite and even hostility manifested paranoids such features as "hypervigilant" (constant search for external threats, willingness to answer any alarm) and distrust of people.Often at the forefront concerns violations of their rights, their property, their spouse or sexual partner.This distrust of the intentions of other easily passes from paranoid personalities in suspicion.There are thoughts that are surrounding them unfairly, without due respect, envy, or even want to humiliate, offend;under them "dig" impair their credibility.Wrong, one-sided interpretation of the words and actions of others leads to paranoid unreasonable and largely devoid of even the slightest reason for suspicion.Any little thing that has no direct relation to them, can be interpreted as a manifestation of ill intent, negative (or even hostile) attitudes of others (often relatives and co-workers).
most typical at PB Gannushkina, the property is a paranoid tendency to overvalued ideas, in the power of which they are then.Overvalued ideas dominate the whole person, determine the behavior of the individual;not paranoid personality drives your thoughts and ideas govern it.
Depending on the subject overvalued ideas are several types of paranoid personalities:
However, systematics, based only on the content of overvalued entities, may not reflect the structure of psychopathy in general.
are two polar variants paranoid psychopathy:
- expansive (a strong, active, calling, angry, sutyazhny),
- the sensitive (weak, passive, secretive, resentful).
expansive paranoid personality - pathological jealous, barrator, persons prone to conflicts, for the truth and reformism.From childhood, they are deceitful, vindictive, and often complain slander, notice the shortcomings of others, but do not recognize them at home.As pointed out by VF Czyz (1902), they are always happy with themselves, their failures are not confused.We are convinced that only they possess this special, once they understand everything perfectly.They do not want to obey, be limited to a modest role, usually struggle with their personal enemies, and not for the common cause.Fight against enemies and approval of its importance to fill their lives.As a rule, it sthenic and even exalted personality with the accelerated rate of mental activity, and constantly enhance the mood background.They are energetic, mobile, often fussy, do not know what is tired, do not feel the need to rest.By the expansive paranoid personalities applies group of fanatics.Fanatics - people with exceptional passion dedicate one case, one idea all their interests, activities, time, eventually - his whole life.The strength of their obsession is such that they are able to carry away, at least temporarily, and others of their idea.It must be emphasized that it is a blind faith (eg, religious fanaticism), do not require rationale.While fanatics unlike other paranoid personalities and highlight themselves, they are far from the true altruism, deprived of the immediate love of neighbor, soulless, and often cruel.
characteristic feature a sensitive version of paranoid psychopathy is a combination of contrasting personality traits: asthenic, the sensitive (the consciousness of inferiority, vulnerability, false modesty) and sthenic (ambition, high self-esteem).These people are timid, shy, fearful and at the same time, the suspicious and irritable, prone to introspection, self-criticism and even samomuchitelstvu.They are distinguished by a heightened sense of abject failure for them in relation to the Standards (professional, everyday and others.), Which they themselves have set for ourselves.
reasons for paranoid personality disorder
- Psychodynamic concept as the cause of paranoid character treats disorders in the early development of the child.In the formation of this disorder have a role early relationships with demanding parents, especially distant, abusive father and excessive custodian, but rejecting the child's mother.As a result of the increased demands of the child produced unfriendly and distrustful attitude to all others with the accumulation of negative emotions (anger, rage) and their projection on the other.
- Others believe that paranoid disorder has a genetic origin.
- Developers evolutionary psychologists believe that psychopathy is characterized by a pattern paranoyalnaya general distrust and suspicion towards others and unfounded assumption that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving.These subjects harbor resentment and quickly strike back, or even pre-attack imaginary enemy.This pattern of behavior often show animals that have low status in hierarchical groups.Vigilance and aggression can also be adaptive qualities, when the threat comes from neighboring groups.Thinking on "our and others '' type, which exaggerates minor differences and creates negative stereotypes evident in paranoid psychopaths in the extreme forms.
For paranoyalnoy psychopathy is characterized by the basic criteria of personality disorder (ICD-10):
- Persistent patterns of behavior and perception differ from the accepted cultural norms.
- behavior is not flexible (maladaptive).
- Having our own subjective suffering adverse environmental clearly linked to behavior.
- Deviations stable and go from childhood and adolescence, the deviations are not related to the age of adult disorders.
Paranoid (paranoiac) personality disorder (ICD-10):
- excessive sensitivity to setbacks and failures;
- tendency to be constantly dissatisfied with someone, ie refusal to forgive insults, damage and the ratio of down;
- suspicion and a general tendency to distort facts by misinterpretation of the neutral or friendly actions of others as hostile or contemptuous;
- militant scrupulous attitude towards issues related to the rights of the individual that does not correspond to the actual situation;
- recurring unjustified suspicions regarding sexual fidelity of a spouse or sexual partner;
- tendency to experience their increased importance, which manifests a permanent allocation of what is happening on its own account;
- coverage has insignificant "conspired" interpretations of the events taking place with this person or, by and large, in the world.
- fanatical disorder;
- fanatical personality;
- expansively-a paranoid disorder;
- expansively-a paranoid personality;
- sensitive, paranoid disorder;
- -sensitive paranoid personality;
- paranoid personality;
- paranoid personality disorder;
- paranoid personality;
- sensitively-paranoid personality;
- kverulyantnoe personality disorder.
- schizophrenia (F20.-);
- delusional disorder (F22.0h);
- paranoia (F22.01);
- paranoia kverulyantnaya (F22.88);
- paranoid psychosis (F22.08);
- paranoid schizophrenia (F20.0hh);
- paranoid state (F22.08);
- organic delusional disorder (F06.2h);
- paranoia caused by the use of psychoactive substances, including alcohol delirium of jealousy, alcohol paranoid (F10);
Treatment paranoid personality disorder
Drug therapy is usually ineffective.
include psychotherapy techniques can distinguish the theory of psychodynamic object relations (in this case, the doctor tries to obesnit patient what is behind his anger, and is working on a hidden desires man to have satisfactory relationships) and behavioral and cognitive psychotherapy, which aimed at organizing assistance to those people in controlanxiety and improve the skills of interpersonal problems resolution.Patients are helping more realistic to interpret the actions and intentions of others and to better understand the views of others.