Status of affect - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
affect states - a violation of conscious control over the actions, resulting in uncontrolled actions can be performed.Standing there against his will, is not possible conscious control over their actions.
concept, mainly found in the jurisprudence.Actions of such a person can carry a danger to the public and to wear anti-social character. Medicine considers affect as loss of emotional control during the psycho-emotional excitation.
unrestrained attack of anger, tears burst or reddening of the face - each of us had to imagine such a situation in the company of other people, then I would like to go back and change their behavior.It happens, do not be ashamed of it.Some emotions are reflected in the physical layer.Normal reaction to an event involves a conceptual link between affect and control of the actions.
Symptoms status affect
There are several types of psychological states affect:
Classic physiological affect - sudden emotional reaction associated with impaired mental activity, but not a
pathologic affect - the cause of the occurrence of a violation of the nervous system, brain structures, the presence of mental illness.
cumulative affect (abnormal affect) - affective response does not occur immediately, on the principle of "last drop" is stored for some time..
Affect under the influence of a surfactant (psycho-active substances) - mental impairment under the influence of alcohol, drugs and other
manifestation of passion is:
- Physical - physical disorder.
- Mental - mental disorders, intellectual activity.Violation of memory on current events.
- Emotional - inadequate emotional reaction.
- Behavioral - uncontrollable situation (fight or other wrongful acts).
Signs status affect
There are certain precursor signals."The enemy must know in person", in time to prevent the heat of passion is not to ignore the warning signs.
intervals affect - rapid onset and short duration.
Tremors in the body.
Diarrhea or constipation.
chest pain, heart palpitations.
Increased frequency of urination.
Mental and emotional cues:
Violation of perception and thought.
propensity for certain activities.
complexity in decision making.
bad memory for current events.
Inability to concentrate.
irritability or frequent falling into a rage.
uncontrolled fear, anxiety.
Panic attacks and mood swings.
Irritability, anger.Inability to relax
Feeling congestion, loneliness, isolation, powerlessness and helplessness.
general dissatisfaction all.
The motivation or commitment of any action during an emotional reaction.
critical, zealous attitude towards others.
Explosive reaction to what is happening.
tendency to act impulsively (not controlled).
Increasing alcohol or drug use.
nervous behavior (nail biting, tics, twitching leg, eye blinking).
Completion of affect is usually characterized by fatigue, sleep, amnesia.
state reasons affect
diseases that can affect the development of the state of affect
1. Emotional lability (violation of emotional balance).
emotionally disturbed person can not feel the mood of others, and, above all, to understand their emotions, thus provoking unnecessary conflicts.
basis of emotional self-control is self-belief.Opinionated people consciously experiencing their emotions.
2. pathology of the amygdala. This structure is located in the brain and processed pulses which are emotions.In other words it is a primitive emotional brain responsible for prompt decision in case of an emergency.
3. Pathology of the hippocampus - hypoplasia or damage to brain structure that is responsible for emotions and long-term memory.In order to quickly get the desired effect, the brain needs a kind of archive, accumulated over a lifetime, which controls the hippocampus.
4. Mental retardation (mild, moderate and severe). affective reactions are not always conscious, reflex.
5. Chronic mental illnesses such as schizophrenia.
6. Temporary clouding of consciousness while taking psychoactive substances (alcohol, drugs). impairs the ability to interpret correctly the threat.
7. nervous system (meningitis, flu). signals are not fully processed due to damage to the nervous system and brain by these diseases.Response to a greater extent, automated.
8. Mental impact (hypnosis, the use of neuro-linguistic programming practitioner). When psychoactive affects that something from the outside.Uncontrolled action is inspired by the influence of hypnosis or other methods.
How to prevent the development of the state of affect
1. try to relax;
2. feel all the emotions that experience, as well as assess the willingness to take action in response to these emotions;
3. try to focus, to see and hear what is going on;
4. ignore unpleasant memories;
5. not communicate what is happening at the moment with the negative experience of your life;
6. Imagine that everything happening now is a film in a "bad" situation feel an observer and not a participant;
7. remember something very positive out of your life;
8. Do not blame yourself for what happened, affective reaction is encoded in the brain, and occurs in a split second;
9. ignore stressful situations;
10. Humble with chronic irritant if it can not be eliminated;
11. bowl is reflected on his face pleasant emotions, such as smile;
12. become more active;
13. in unpleasant situations of conflict is of the opinion respected or loved one;
14. If you are a believer, then pray, it acts like a meditation.
status Diagnostics affect
To prove the existence of such a phenomenon as a state of passion, you must highlight a few symptoms, conduct laboratory tests, as well as to consult with various specialists.
Here are some characteristic features:
1. The brevity and transience of affective reactions.
2. The suddenness and unexpectedness of action in a particular situation.
3. The perception of what is happening in parts (fragments) with a predominance of white as important experiences.
4. Loss of self-control over the actions (aimlessly repetitive motion, an act directly).
5. Self affect - a strong emotional discharge, which may be accompanied by uncontrolled actions.
6. Status of apathy, physical weakness after the heat of passion.
general analysis of urine, blood, blood chemistry, determination of sugar in the blood, hemoglobin, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, hormones analysis - characterize the overall state of the body, help to reveal the hidden disease.
Magnetic resonance or CT scanner determines whether there is a breach in the brain structures.
consultation with a psychiatrist conducted to collect data on the presence of other mental disorders.
consultation neurologist need to identify the pathology of the nervous system.
treating conditions affect
Traditional methods are extremely effective and, above all, a natural weapon against affect.Recommended grass : lemon balm, ginseng, mint, relaxing blend of herbal extracts (ashwagandha, brahmi, gotu-kola).Aromatherapy: you have to add a few drops of essential oil in a hot bath.Sedative oil: valerian, lemon balm, lavender, orange, patchouli, rose, bergamot, grapefruit, gerant, sandalwood, sage, clove, thyme, basil, caraway, chamomile.They block the uncontrolled behavior and improve emotional well-being.Very useful consumption of colostrum - the first milk the mother after the birth of a mammal.It contains substances that can inhibit the strong tension.
Regular exercise will increase the body's resistance and prepare it for unexpected situations that can cause an affect.Daily tips on increasing physical activity:
- Walking to the store instead of driving a car.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Move during a break at work.
- Get out of the bus one stop earlier.
Yoga is a special form of exercise for body and mind, which is most often recommended for the treatment of pathological affective reactions.Tai Chi - an exercise related to the implementation of flowing movements that relax the mind and body, improve blood circulation and breathing.
Stretching for all those with an affective response manifested strong muscle tone.
Exercise for mandibular - moving it from side to side, relaxes the muscles involved in chewing movements that can reduce mental stress.
Exercises for Breast - increased muscle tension all the time the state of affect makes breathing more difficult.To improve ventilation Train to perform deep breaths.Deep breathing (diaphragmatic breathing) can help keep the peace.
Relaxation will lead to a weakening sense of mental stress.Begin to relax the body from the head, and then slowly move to the shoulders and neck, chest, hips and legs.Relaxation in a daily bustle creates a sense of control over the situation and reduce the risk of affective state.
Massage helps in the relaxation of the body, gives a sense of emotional stability, and deep relaxation, reduces stress, anxiety and headaches, relieves stress around the neck, back and shoulders.Massage can be carried out specialist or your partner.It is necessary to examine the massage technique and, if necessary, to massage each other.
to perform self-massage, you should sit or lie down, close your eyes and gently massage the face, head, neck and shoulders for about 15 minutes.Massage also eliminates the headache and you'll feel better after a busy day.
very effective in preventing cases of affective states reflexology .It includes: a point or combined with aromatherapy and hydrotherapy massage.Even a simple pressure on the point in the temples will lead to a relaxation of the neck muscles.
Hydrotherapy in a hot tub .The heat relaxes tense muscles and restores proper blood circulation.Before relaxing bath is best to use salt - scrub, Dead Sea mud wrap.
Meditation - distraction, reduces fear and other affective reactions.The relaxation techniques including various forms of meditation that allow for the time to step back from the surrounding reality and provocateurs stress.
Sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes.For example, to relax, to better see the candle flame, imagine a quiet place.The goal is to reach a state of absolute rest and the lack of any emotion.
- Select a word or phrase, such as calm.
- Sit quietly, close your eyes and relax.
- Repeat the selected word / phrase in accordance with the rhythm of breathing, with each exhalation, from 10 to 20 minutes.
This exercise should be performed at least once a day in total relax and concentration.
Autogenous training exercises with the psyche with the help of self-hypnosis.The technique involves the repetition of sentences.For example:
- There is no problem.
- It was not important to respond immediately.
- It is very important for me to relax.
Relaxation programs are a great way to treat affective state.They are available in audio form (relaxation music), video (movies relaxation), or in the form of text, which is the least effective of the above.Music and movies are mostly based on the natural sounds of nature (waves splashing, wind, heartbeat).Movies can be found on YouTube - enter in the search bar "for relaxation".
Color therapy improves mood and calms.For example, try the green color in the interior, the prevalence in the wardrobe, and so on.
Homeopathy selected individually.It can effectively alleviate emotional problems and affective reactions.This treatment causes a lot of controversy among specialists, but to ensure the efficiency, in some cases, you can try.
Psychotherapy. Talk about your problems and feelings with friends and family.If you want to better understand their difficult circumstances and causes of recurrent affective states, it is better to use the services of a psychologist or psychiatrist.
The therapy status affeta need to make a choice in favor of behavioral therapy with a method of self-control.
first stage - identification of prolonged exposure to the stimulus.Problem solving.Identification and elimination of erroneous behavior, self-examination.
second stage - analyzes the situation, that encourage and stimulate to commit inappropriate acts.
third stage - work with the therapist to create a plan of self-control or contract.Deviation from this plan shall be punishable by "fine", which assigns a therapist.
fourth stage - set the goal to be achieved.
Drug therapy is prescribed by a doctor - treatment with drugs of the benzodiazepine (Gidazepam, Diazepam, Clobazam, Clonazepam, chlorazepate, Diazepam, Lorazepam, medazepam, Nordazepam, oxazepam, prazepam, Lorazepam, Midazolam, Hlorazapat, Phenazepam, alprazolam, bromazepam,Gidazepam, chlordiazepoxide, clonazepam).The use of medications can help you to survive himself during the heat of passion, to smooth his symptoms, but does not eliminate the reasons that caused it. These drugs are strictly prescription and addictive.
Psychiatrist Kondratenko NA