Increased sweating ( hyperhidrosis) - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Perspiration (sweating, hyperactivity, and hyperactivity of the sweat glands, sweating) - in medicine it's called hyperhidrosis term.
Sweating is a natural physiological process of the body is involved in thermoregulation.During exercise, the ambient temperature or while taking a hot meal may increase sweating.The process of sweating accelerates stress, anxiety and spicy dishes.
sweat excretion - is a very important function of man skin is reduced due to her body's temperature when necessary, appear toxic substances.Normally only visible sweat by physical strain, the ambient temperature, mainly the feet sweat, armpit, and the palm, as they greatest density of sweat glands.
reasons for excessive sweating
In some people, sweating is observed with a small increase in air temperature, and sometimes, on the contrary, at lower temperatures, with nervous tension and high air temperatures can sweat "hail".Such a state is already considered to be excessive sweating, and it can be both physiological characte
diseases, leading to excessive sweating
Increased sweating observed at:
- functional disorders of the autonomic nervous system,
- neurasthenia, neuropathy,
- hyperthyroidism (increased thyroid function),
- dysfunction of pancreasgland,
- kidney disease,
- neurosyphilis (3 stage of syphilis), AIDS, tuberculosis and other infections,
- rickets (or lack of vitamin D, especially in children),
- chronic tonsillitis and other common diseases,
- hyperplasia sweat glands,
hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) can be caused by external factors (wearing airtight rubber shoes, stockings and socks of synthetic fibers, etc..), As well as malnutrition.
Symptoms of excessive sweating
Sweating often develops in limited areas of the body (sweaty feet or hands, armpits, crotch).The skin in this wet, cold to the touch, on the hands and feet are signs acrocyanosis (bluish tint).Sweating is often accompanied by pyococcus (bacteria) and yeast (fungal) lesions of the skin.
own sweat smell itself is not familiar to all bad spirit give the bacteria that feed on the skin and then multiplying by this.This unpleasant odor, which is observed in patients, bad personal hygiene, called bromidrosis or osmidroz.An unpleasant odor may arise both due to decomposition by bacteria sweat, and because allocation of sweat substances with a pronounced odor (sulfur, ammonia, garlic, tobacco, etc.), As well as menstrual irregularities in younger women with diabetesdiabetes, certain dermatoses (pemphigus, vegetating syphilides).Often, these states require a doctor's advice and treatment.
chromhidrosis sweat staining seen in humans in contact with cobalt, copper, iron and other chemicals.
People with hyperhidrosis are involved in a vicious circle - they sweat, worry about it, and because of that sweat even more.
Treatment of excessive sweating
treatment of hyperhidrosis should be aimed primarily at removing the cause of the excessive sweating.It should be carefully examined by a physician, TB doctor, neurologist, endocrinologist and the detection of the disease start with his treatment.
If excessive sweating is caused by the characteristics of the organism, the essence of treatment is to block the activity of the sweat glands to reduce sweat secretions.Choice of treatment depends on many factors, including the patient's general condition, his lifestyle and the area affected.
Local treatment of excessive sweating
With little sweating can do local treatment, which includes applying to the problem areas of skin preparations containing:
1. aluminum chloride salts - temporarily close the sweat ducts.The efficiency depends on the concentration of the drug.It is basically a solid gel and deodorant sweat.Used mainly at night.Initially daily, and then the frequency of application is reduced to once every 2-3 weeks.Similar actions have alunite, chermigit, aluminum-potassium alum.
2. aldehydes (formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde, methenamine) - block the excretory function of the sweat glands.This scented talcum powder and solid deodorant sweat (baby powder Johnson & Johnson, Deodorant Stick Lady Sleeps, Adidas. Because of its high irritating and allergenic action are only used locally in the problem areas.
3. denatured keratin , closes the ducts of the sweat glands.. Included in the soap and powder
Combined cosmetics (deodorants, gels, powders, creams) contain a complex of substances that prevent the unpleasant smell of sweat: company's products vichi, Belordizayn, Belita, Oriflame, Avon, Faberlic, which produce a special line of products for. skincare
Phytotherapy excessive sweating
externally in the form of infusions following herbs are used:.
1. Peppermint - calming, relaxing effect
2. Leaves of walnut - contains a variety of fruit acids, which act as peeling
3.. Salvia - contains useful essential oils, which help to eliminate the unpleasant smell of sweat.
4. Chamomile - eliminates inflammation.
5. bark of birch and oak - has a pronounced antibacterial and tanning properties.
6. Nettle - contains the desired vitamin complex and minerals to the skin.
7. Irish moss - antimicrobial effect.
8. Lemon - eliminates odors, effective against skin fungi.
Extracts of these herbs should be rubbed into the skin up to 2 times a week massage movements for about 30 minutes.When excessive sweating feet is possible to prepare a bath for the feet.
Procedures When excessive sweating strongly recommended:
1. electrophoresis and iontophoresis - treatment by the current effects on ion channels of sweat glands.
2. Subcutaneous injections of botulinum toxin - inhibit the release of acetylcholine in the nerve endings, thus blocking their activity.made several injections on the problem areas, their number depends on the area of the site.To avoid possible unpleasant or painful sensations used anesthetic cream.The effect of the treatment of hyperhidrosis using botulinum toxin injections is shown in 2 - 6 days and lasts from 3 to 8 months.
Surgery for excessive sweating
Surgical methods guarantee the maximum result of getting rid of sweating, but they have more possible complications:
1. removal of sweat glands in the armpits (sometimes occurs with the removal of the skin).The effectiveness of this treatment to 90%.But there is a risk of complications associated with the formation of scar tissue, which leads to restriction of the mobility of the limb.
2. sympathectomy - procedure involves the destruction of sympathetic nerves responsible for excessive sweating.
3. Liposuction - removal of the sweat glands in the deeper layers of subcutaneous fat using a special probe (cannula) through tiny incisions in the skin.
General treatment of hyperhidrosis
Inside take vitamin complexes, sedatives (valerian, Leonurus).If necessary, the doctor prescribes complex:
1. Antibacterial ointments, lotions (baneotsin, Zener, levomitsetinovaya ointment metronidazole)
2. Antifungal ointments, gels (terbinofin, mikospor, orungal, Nizoral, Lamisil)
3. Antibiotics inside (oftenbroad-spectrum antibiotics).
4. Anticholinergic drugs (atropine, Belloidum).Treatment with these drugs are only used in severe cases, because of the severity of side effects (dry mouth, dry eyes, mydriasis, urinary retention, bradycardia, sedation)
5. Vitamins B, E, A.
6. Calcium channel blockers (diltiazem).
7. Psychotropic drugs (diazepam, Xanax, amitriptillin).
Diet for excessive sweating
If you have problems with overactive sweat glands need to revise your diet.Do not eat foods such as onions and garlic, fish, hot spices (pepper - chili).
General recommendations for people with hyperhidrosis
- hygiene: frequent washing problem areas several times a day.
- Wearing clothes made of natural fibers of the porous structure.
- Frequent change of clothes and shoes.
- Avoid coffee, alcohol and spicy food.
- Eliminate the causes of stress, tension and anxiety.
- ventilate the room often, where you are.
doctor cosmetologist Kondratenko NA