Hydrocele ( hydrocele ) - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
hydrocele (hydrocele) - accumulation in the cavities of the shells of one or both testicles liquid, which can be of different nature:
- exudate - effusion testicular inflammatory fluid - pus;
- transudate - exudate in the oral fluid of the testicles (lymph) is not inflammatory;
- effusion fluid of the testicles after a tight closure of the external inguinal ring inguinal ring after herniotomy;
- investigation carried out before surgery for varicocele and a violation of the venous outflow of blood from the testis, which gives the effusion of the testes;
- a consequence of relapse after surgery for varicocele and hernia repair (groin and inguinal-scrotal) hernias.
Dropsy can be congenital, and the obtaining, acute and chronic, single and dvustronney.
hydrocele is most common in men 20-30 years of age and infants.
reasons hydrocele (hydrocele)
main function of one of the shells of eggs (tunica vaginalis) - to produce a fluid that facilitates the free movement of the testicle inside the
cause of congenital hydrocele in infants - for cleft processus vaginalis of the abdominal cavity fluid collects in its own egg shell.Depending on the availability of communication with the abdominal cavity congenital hydrocele is reported and unreported.Most often, a hydrocele, communicating with the abdomen disappear in the first year of life, becauseduring this time closes vaginal process.
Causes of acquired hydrocele:
- inflammation of the testis and epididymis (orchiepididymitis);
- violation of lymphatic drainage in patients with lesions of the inguinal and pelvic lymph nodes (fillyarioz);
- scrotal injury;
- severe heart failure;
- as a complication after surgery for varicocele and correction of inguinal hernias.
The disease can occur in acute or chronic form.The acute form occurs as a result of inflammation of the testicles, testicular tumors or scrotal trauma.The acute form without the appropriate treatment can become chronic.
Risk Factors hydrocele (hydrocele)
- injuries to the external genitalia (kicking, arms, household items);
- traumatic damage to the testicles while playing sports (wrestling, weightlifting, powerlifting, cycling, fitness and other sports);
- tight closure of the outer ring of the inguinal canal;
- relapse or consequence of "hard" held varicocelectomy - removal of varicose veins of the spermatic cord;
- intense, prolonged exercise sports with the power loads.
symptoms of hydrocele (hydrocele)
- testicle or both testicles increase in volume, while the egg is usually probe fails, the scrotal skin is smoothed, but the loosely collected in the folds;
- appears dull aching pain in the scrotum or testicles of one of the (acquired chronic hydrocephalus, usually does not cause pain);
- when you click on an enlarged testicle pronounced symptom fluctuations (like protrusion of the egg shells from the opposite side of the pressing space);
- can increase the body temperature;
- a large gathering of fluid difficult physical activity and the wearing of underwear;
- thinned wall of the testicle with a large amount of accumulated fluid can break into the tissue of the scrotum and cause both pain and diffuse increase in the scrotum.
number dropsical fluid may be different, and in severe cases can reach up to several liters.For large amounts it causes discomfort when walking, prevents sexual intercourse, causing discomfort when urinating.In congenital dropsy effusion volume increases during the day and decreases after sleep.
Acute hydrocephalus occurs in acute inflammatory diseases of the scrotum (orchiepididymitis, inflammation of the spermatic cord).In this case there is a sudden increase in the corresponding half of the scrotum.The patient may experience severe pain and fever.
Diagnostics hydrocele (hydrocele)
order to establish the correct diagnosis is necessary to make a number of studies, which include:
- inspection and palpation (feeling) of the external genitalia;
- transillumination (candling scrotum special light source).Moreover, if the scrotum contains serous fluid (which occurs usually during hydrocele), the light passing through the swelling, is uniform.If the basis is not swelling liquid, but, for example, organs (intestine, omentum, etc. strand), the light does not pass through swelling;
- Ultrasonography scrotum to avoid hernia.Ultrasound can accurately determine the volume of liquid in the presence of scrotal organs of the abdominal cavity, as well as the structure of the egg;
- In some cases, may require additional methods of investigation to confirm or exclude other diseases.
Treatment of hydrocele (hydrocele)
hydrocele Treatment only operative.
There are two basic ways to release an egg from the accumulated liquid in it: hydrocele puncture and operation vskryvaniyu cavity with fluid, fluid removal, followed by suturing.
time and rapid assistance can be provided to the patient by means of a special needle puncture dropsy and evacuation of dropsical fluid with a syringe - puncture.Needling typically gives a positive effect and temporary relief the patient, followed by gradual re-accumulation of fluid in the cavities of the shells and the testicles.
operation for radical removal of hydrocele - a competent method of treating hydrocele, which is carried out under general anesthesia, pain-free two hours you are in a hospital ward after surgery, then go home, any requirements for physical activity for 1 week and come to the dressing.Usually about dropsy held operation Winckelmann and Bergman.
medical methods of treating hydrocele does not exist.The only exception is a reactive hydrocele in acute epididymitis, orchitis, which requires medical treatment - complete rest, wearing a jockstrap, antibacterial therapy.
Newborns found communicating hydrocele which half of the cases are themselves.
What can cause edema of the testicles, if it does not operate?
- compression of the testicle or both testicles with impaired spermatogenesis and development of male infertility;
- compression of testicular fluid circulatory disorders developing in the egg and its gradual, complete atrophy;
- reduced potency and erectile dysfunction;
- rapid, rapid ejaculation or premature ejaculation;
- necrosis and the occurrence of testicular tissue necrosis in the background compression of the liquid followed by removal of the testicle or both testicles;
- estetitesky deffekt - an increase in the scrotum, which is visible through clothing.
With timely treatment to the doctor outcome in most cases favorable.However, it should be remembered that young people with large amounts of dropsy and prolonged compression of the liquid eggs can develop malnutrition and disruption of spermatogenesis in the testis.
Prevention hydrocele (hydrocele)
To avoid the formation of hydrocele scrotum should be protected from injury, avoid and prevent infectious diseases, such as chlamydia, which is the cause of 55% of acute inflammation of the epididymis, epididymitis.
doctor andrologist, urologist Vyatkin KV