Dislocation of the elbow hands - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Dislocation of the elbow - is the offset of the articular surfaces of bones of the forearm (ulna and radius) on the humerus.Trauma occurs as a result of falling on an outstretched hand and excessive extension of the elbow.
Dislocation of the elbow (forearm bones)
Symptoms dislocation of the elbow (forearm bones)
• Pain in the elbow joint;
• Severe deformity of the elbow, dislocated bone can significantly bulge and viewed under the skin;
• The sharp limitation of movement (passive and active);
• Edema expressed in the elbow and often goes to the forearm and wrist;
• In case of damage of the brachial artery (brachial artery is clamped between the bones with dislocation or torn due to stretching) observed numbness and coldness of the fingers and hands, there is no radial pulse at the wrist joint.Damage to the brachial artery - a frequent complication of dislocation of the elbow joint.
• When nerve damage - paralysis of the hand or individual fingers.
First aid for dislocation of the elbow joint
main principle of first aid in dislocation of the elbow - it does not hurt.You can not attempt to straighten a dislocated, it is impossible to resort to perfect motion in the affected joint, you can not overdo it with the imposition of immobilization tires.Any movement or excessive pressure may cause damage to the arteries or nerves that pass around the elbow.
injured arm must be hung on a scarf-bandage, and give the patient pain medication from home kit (nimesil, ketorol, analgin, aspirin, etc.).
damage for the diagnosis of dislocation of the elbow X-ray is performed.If damaged nerves can be performed electromyography.
Treatment of dislocation of the elbow joint
main method of treatment is a one-time reduction of dislocation under general anesthesia, after reduction applied plaster splint on the middle third of the shoulder to the head of the metacarpal bone ( "bone" on the brush), a period of immobilization for 7-10 days.After short-term immobilization commence rehabilitation.The total duration of treatment of uncomplicated dislocation of the elbow joint - 5-7 weeks.
Gypsum with dislocation of the elbow joint
If dislocation complicated by damage to the nerves, it requires special treatment by a doctor neurologist.In a complete break of nerves is performed surgery (nerve microsurgical suture-based hospitals).In case of damage to the arteries and poor circulation in the hand after the reposition of dislocation, and require surgical intervention to restore blood circulation in the affected arm.
Rehabilitation after dislocation of the elbow joint
In a short period of 7-day immobilization proceed to the movements of the fingers of the brush.Major rehabilitation activities carried out after removal of plaster cast.Appointed physiotherapy: magnitoterpiya, laser therapy, ultrasound course of 10-15 sessions.Thermal treatments with dislocation of the elbow joint are undesirable because they can cause the formation of ossification of the elbow joint.Ossification - a deposition of calcium salts and other components of bone is bone, their deposition in the soft tissues of the elbow joint can lead to joint contractures (restriction of motion).Massage can be performed only in the forearm and shoulder massage treatments on the elbow, it is desirable to defer to a later recovery period (4-6 weeks).
After removing the plaster most attention is paid to the development of motion in the elbow, because the elbow most often complicated by the development of contractures after injuries.
approximate range of physical therapy exercises for the development of the elbow joint:
• Brushes are closed lock, doing exercises on the type of throwing rods, alternately setting the stage for the castle for the left and right ear;
• The same, but throwing hand behind his head;
• Try to close the hand on his back;
• Set up your hands behind your head, hands meet in the castle and stretch, straightening Castle palms up;
• Take children to brush machine and roll on the table, making the movement of the elbow;
• ball game;
• We perform a variety of exercises with gymnastic stick, the emphasis is on flexion and extension at the elbow;
• After sufficient pain reduction, proceed to the exercises with weights (weighing less than 2kg);
• Development of rotational movements in the forearm (pronation and supination) - bend the elbow to a 90 degree angle, then do a forearm movement around its axis, it is important to do rotational movements it is the forearm, not the shoulder.
All exercises do 10-20 reps, 3-4 times a day.After 2 weeks you can go to the gym in the pool or salt water.Classes with pronounced physical activity (more than 7-10 kg) must only be performed 2 months after injury.
forecast after elbow dislocation
In the case of uncomplicated dislocations - a favorable prognosis, movement and strength are restored quickly, due to the short-term immobilization.If the damage of the nerves and brachial artery treatment can be delayed for many months and years.
doctor traumatologist Varanovich NA