Biomicroscopy eyes - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
Biomicroscopy eyes - a method detailed examination of ocular fluids and tissues of the eye using a special apparatus - slit lamp.Slit lamp combines an intense source of light and a microscope that allows
- conduct a visual inspection of the eyelids, conjunctiva.
- Lets examine the corneal structure, its thickness, to identify the nature and localization of pathological changes in it;
- allows us to investigate the state of the anterior chamber of moisture (the space between the cornea and iris), to determine the depth of the anterior chamber;It allows you to undertake a detailed examination of the iris;
- allows you to explore the structure of the lens to determine the presence and location of opacities in its substance;
- and using this method, you can explore the front half of the vitreous mass and reveal opacities, blood or various pigment deposits in it.
slit-like light beam allows the eye to examine the structure as it were cut, which makes it possible to precisely localize the pathological process.
1. Any pathology of the age (inflammation of the eyelids or eyelids glands, edema, various anomalies, tumors, trauma).
2. Various conjunctival diseases (inflammatory, allergic, cysts, tumors).
3. Pathology of the cornea and sclera (keratitis, corneal dystrophy, sclerites, corneal structural abnormalities and the sclera).
4. various pathologies of the iris (an inflammatory disease of the structure abnormalities)
5. Injuries eyes.
8. A foreign body corneal (removal operation).
9. Endocrine diseases.
10. Pre- and post-operative examinations.
11. Evaluating the effectiveness of treatment.
inadequate patient behavior (heavy mental illness, alcohol or drugs).
some special training, this method does not require.But if you intend to check the lens and the vitreous body, then 15 minutes before the procedure is necessary to drip for children under 6 years of 0.5% solution of tropicamide, adult 1% solution of tropicamide.In inflammatory diseases of the cornea, or for injuries in violation of its integrity is carried out staining with fluorescein p-rum or rum district Bengal roses.For this purpose, the cavity conjunctiva instilled dye, and then washed with any of eye drops, wherein the dye washed from undamaged areas and damaged sections with stains epithelium.Before the surgery, the removal of foreign tala in the eye instilled pp lidocaine.
survey is conducted in a darkened room.Slit lamp is on the table, which has a special support for the head.The patient sits down at the table and place your chin in the supply and forehead firmly pressed against the crossbar.The doctor sits down with the back of the device, selects the position, brightness, width of the light beam through the microscope and examines.Applying different types of lighting, the doctor manages to identify the minimal changes in the tissues of the eye.The light beam can be expanded to a full range of lighting the entire surface of the eye, or narrowed down to the finest cracks.During the inspection of the head should be fixed, blinking is not prohibited during the inspection, but you must try to do it as little as possible.
Duration biomicroscopy procedures on average 10 minutes.
Complications procedure does not, but there may be an allergic reaction to the drugs used in the preparation for its implementation.
Ophthalmologist Odnoochko EA