Herbs Cough - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment .MF .
time immemorial herbal medicine widely used both in the initial stage of the disease, and when deployed, "picture" of the disease.One of the most common symptoms are cough.In addition to acute respiratory infections, SARS and the common cold, cough occurs in many diseases, such as:
• When diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract: pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis.
• Coughing occurs in diseases of bronchopulmonary system: bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia, etc
• Can occur in cardiovascular diseases such as heart failure, pulmonary embolism, etc.
• In case of allergic reactions.
• When smoking and inhalation of substances that irritate the mucous membranes of the nasal tract and oropharynx.
• When diseases of the upper gastrointestinal tract.
• Cough can occur even in some cancer patients.
In this article we will go about the treatment of dry and wet cough directly in inflammatory diseases of the respiratory system. It will be especially effective herbal medicine.For other pathologies, treatm
Herbal medicine for coughs is aimed at the following result:
1. When dry cough - liquefaction of sputum.
2. When wet cough - promotes better sputum discharge.
3. Also at the stage of recovery, when the sputum has departed, herbal medicine aimed at suppressing the cough reflex.That is, it has antitussive and emollient action.
4. Herbal medicine improves the general condition, reduces the severity of intoxication.
5. Herbal treatment has a general strengthening effect.
Medicines herbal cough
• syrup of licorice root. has expectorant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, immune stimulating, regenerating, antispasmodic, action, used both in the dry and in the wet cough.
Dosage and Administration: The syrup of licorice root is administered orally 3 times a day for children up to 2 years - 1-2 drops per 1 dessert spoon of water;Children from 2 to 12 years - ½ teaspoon in ¼ cup of water at the reception;children over 12 years - 1 teaspoon in ¼ cup of water at the reception;adults - 1 dessert spoon in ½ cup of water at the reception.The course of treatment 7-10 days.
Contraindications: gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer during the exacerbation.
• Syrup plantain cough (Dr. Theiss) .The syrup is used for dry cough.The effect is aimed at thinning mucus and improve its a discharge.It has mucolytic, expectorant and anti-inflammatory action.The syrup can be used in children from 1 year, during pregnancy and lactation, after consultation with the attending physician.
Administration and dosage: children from 1 year to 6 years old to take 1/2 teaspoon every 3-4 hours, but not more than 4 times a day;children older than 6 years and teenagers - 1 teaspoon every 2-3 hours, but not more than 4 times a day;adults - 1 tablespoon every 2-3 hours.Inside, squeezed a small amount of water.The course of treatment 7-10 days.Contraindications: the age of 1 year, with caution in patients with diabetes mellitus, as the syrup contains sucrose.
• syrup "Dr. Mom» .The drug has mucolytic, expectorant, antipyretic and anti-bacterial action.Used dry cough, with "barking" cough laryngitis and sore throat.
Administration and dosage: children from 3 to 5 years old to take 1/2 teaspoon 3 times a day;children from 6 to 14 years - 1/2 -1 teaspoon 3 times a day;children over 14 years of age and adults - 1-2 teaspoon 3 times a day.Ingest.The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks.Contraindications: age up to 3 years, pregnancy, lactation, with caution in patients with diabetes mellitus, as the syrup contains sugar.
• syrup "Prospan» .The drug has a mucolytic and expectorant action.The syrup is used to treat infants and pregnant women.
Dosage and Administration: The syrup "Prospan" administered to children from birth to 6 years - 2.5 ml;children 6-14 years - 5 ml 3 times per day;adult or 7.5 to 5 ml, 3 times a day.Course of treatment: minimum period of drug administration is 7 days.Contraindications: intolerance to fructose. during pregnancy and lactation only prescribed by a doctor!
• Syrup "Gedeliks» .It is used for dry cough.Promotes transition of dry cough in the wet and better discharge of phlegm.
Dosage and Administration: Syrup "gedeliks" is assigned to infants and children up to 7 years is assigned half of the adult dose.of school age children of 5 ml 3-4 times a day;adult or 7.5 to 5 ml, 3 times a day.Course of treatment: minimum period of drug administration is 7 days.
Contraindications: bronchial asthma, tendency to laryngospasm, failure argininsuktsinat synthetase.
• Syrup "Travisil» .Appointed in dry or wet cough of any origin, which occurs when tobacco use, with irritation of the mucous membranes of the upper and lower respiratory tract, with infection: when tonsillitis, pharyngitis and bronchitis.
Administration and Dosage: Taken orally.Adults: 1-2 teaspoons (which corresponds to 5-10 ml) three times a day.The maximum daily dose - 6 teaspoons (corresponding to 30 ml).Children over 3 years: ½ -1 teaspoon (which corresponds to 2.5-5 ml) 3 times a day.The maximum daily dose for children -3 teaspoons (corresponding to 15 ml).The course of treatment is determined individually.Shake before use!
Contraindications: Children under 3 years old, diabetics (it is necessary to take into account, as the syrup contains sucrose
• Syrup for children Gerbion (syrup primrose) The drug is indicated for dry cough has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and expectorant action....
dosage and Administration: The syrup is administered to children from 2 to 7 years: 1 teaspoonful three times a day after meals for children from 7 - 14 years: 2 teaspoons 3 times a day; adults syrup dry coughit is recommended to take three times a day for 3-5 tsp The course of treatment: this tool is from 5 days to 1 week
Contraindications. children under 2 years with congenital sucrase-isomaltase insufficiency, fructose intolerance, as well as diabetes.Precautions for stomach ulcers and intestinal diseases. In pregnancy and lactation only after consulting a doctor.
• Onion cough syrup .It has a good expectorant and cough pokozalos when wet, as it has anti-inflammatory effect.It can be used in children, pregnant and lactating women.Syrup is necessary to prepare yourself: Put in a three-liter pot ½ kg of finely chopped peeled onion.There also add ½ kg of sugar and 50 grams of honey.Pour 1 liter of cold water.Then cook on low heat for 3 hours, tightly close the lid.The lid does not open until the syrup has cooled.The resulting liquid otcherpayte in a quart jar, and shift the onion in half-liter jar.
Dosage and Administration: first you need to eat a tablespoon of onion and wash it down with a spoon one tablespoon of syrup with a spoon.Take 4 times a day.Store the syrup in the refrigerator, but before taking his warm up.
Contraindications: with caution in diabetes, ulcers of the stomach and duodenum, pancreatitis.
Herbs in broth cough:
treatment algorithm proposed by the Department of herbal medicine People's Friendship University.
When dry cough: added to the collection herb containing saponins (licorice, Viola tricolor, spring primroses).Also added to the treatment of essential oils (the fruits of anise, fennel, cumin, coriander, dill).Therapy aims to improve sputum discharge due to relaxation of smooth muscles of the bronchi.
birch Buds 3 parts
elecampane root 3 parts
herb oregano 2 parts
nettle leaves 4 pieces
herb thyme 2 parts
Fruits cumin 3 parts
Preparation: 1 teaspoon collection pour 210 ml of boiled water.Infuse in a thermos for 30 minutes, take 70 ml of tincture 3 times a day for 30 minutes before eating.Duration Hour 2 weeks.
• Elecampane 0.5 tablet 1-2 times a day for 2 weeks.
• Inhalation of oil of eucalyptus, peppermint, lavender and coriander on 5-12 procedures every day or every other day.Corfu
• 1 tablespoon in the morning and afternoon in 200 ml of water
• Rotokan 20 ml, 50 ml of water, 0.5 ml of tea tree, eucalyptus oil 0.1 ml, 0.1ml of lavender oil
• 1,5 l of warm water, 15 ml of peppermint oil
procedure lasts 15-30 minutes, every other day, a course of 10-15 procedures.You can also assign a tendency to colds.
case of severe exhausting cough added to the collection linden flowers, chamomile, marshmallow root, pine buds, fruits mozzhevelnika.
Marshmallow root 20 g
marjoram 20 g
leaves mother and stepmother, 20 g
leaves fireweed narrow-leaved 10g
Fruits mozzhevelnika ordinary 10 g
herb rosemary marsh 10g
herb St. John's wort 10 g
Preparation2 tablespoons collection pour 2 liters of boiled water.Infuse for 20 minutes under the cap, then strain.Take ¼ cup of infusion 3-4 times a day for 30 minutes before eating.Duration Hour 2 weeks.
Fitoingalyatsii with tincture of eucalyptus, oregano for 5-12 procedures every day or every other day.
• Good help radish juice with the juice of turnips and a tablespoon of honey for coughs both dry and wet.Take ½ cup of juice of radish and turnip juice (can squeeze the juice in a juicer).All components are mixed and the mixture is heated in the fire to a simmer.Drink this mixture should be three times a day for three sips for half an hour before meals with a cough.
Attention!Before taking herbal tablets and phytotherapeutic agents in children, pregnant mothers in breastfeeding is necessary to consult with your doctor!
cough in inflammatory diseases of the respiratory system, in both children and adults, responds well to treatment phytotherapeutic agents.However, prior to the reception, you should be surveyed to establish accurate diagnosis of the disease.Then take medications prescribed by the attending physician.Most practicing physicians, knowing that in medicines chemical nature, there are side effects, readily begin treatment with drugs based on herbs.And with good effect and not "running" all disease treatment can only be phytotherapeutic agents.The above are syrups, herbal, phytotherapy tablet preparations, for aerophytotherapy which can be used in children, adults, pregnant women and lactating mothers.You are free to take the recommended herbal agents.But it would be better if you leave the choice of algorithm for the treatment your doctor for further examination results and taking into account your medical condition.
a speedy recovery and good luck!
doctor phytotherapeutist Akimova NS