St. John's wort application
Synonyms: St. John's wort, Ivanovo grass krovavnik.
generic name in Greek means "under the heather", because of the similarity of some species Hypericum with heather or perhaps because Linnaeus, systematizing plants, found St. John's wort among the heather.Species definition is translated from Latin means "holed" as the leaves of this plant are numerous translucent dots that seem to be holes.
Description .A perennial herb of the family clusiaceae (Clusiaceae) up to 80 cm. Rhizome thin, branching, giving every year a few lines, smooth stems.The leaves are oblong-oval, ovate, obtuse, entire, 0.7-3.5 cm long and 1.4 cm in height, with numerous black aromatic translucent glands.The flowers are golden yellow or light orange, oblong-oval, with a five-membered calyx and corolla, collected in inflorescence - panicle thyroid.Fruit - many-seeded trehgnezdnaya box.Seeds are small, dark brown.Weight of 1000 seeds - 0,12-0,14 of Flowers in June - August.Seeds ripen in July and August.
Medicinal raw: grass (the tip of the stem with leaves and flowers).Collect it during the flowering.Cut off only the top part of the plant 15-20 cm in length. The grass has a balsamic odor and bitter taste.Dry it in the dryer at a temperature of 50-60 ° C, in the attic or under a canopy.Re-collect the grass in one place can be 30-40 days.The finished raw materials stored in a glass container for 2 years.
Biological features. In the first year of life to bloom only a few plants and abundant blooms and bears fruit in the coming years.Shoots Hypericum small, it is growing rather slowly at first.
locus .It grows in meadows and hills in deciduous and pine forests, and sandy slopes, clearings, meadows, virgin soil, along roads, in waste lands, among the thickets.
Distribution. plant is found on the territory of Ukraine.
widely distributed in the European part of the former USSR, the Caucasus, in the foothills of Central Asia, Siberia, Lake Baikal and Trans-Baikal.
main areas blanks are in Belarus, Ukraine, in Volgograd and Pskov regions, Stavropol, Krasnodar and Altai territories.
chemical composition. plants Grass contains tannins (10-12%), flavonoids (giperozid, rutin, quercetin, myricetin), leykoantodiany, saponins, dyes (hypericin - 0.1-0.4%, pseudohypericin, giperin, frangulaemodinantranol), essential oils(0.2-0.3%), resinous substances (17%), carotene and ascorbic acid.
Agrotechnics cultivation.Site selection.Because St. John's wort can grow in the same place five years or more, it can be placed on a plantation nearby sites or in some special fields of crop rotations.Hypericum Seedlings grow very slowly and easily drowned out by weeds, so it is advisable to take it under clean of weeds plots.The best precursors are generously fertilized row crops and cereals, reaching for a clean pair.
Tillage. cultivated soil as well as for other crops.Before sowing, the field is harrowed in several tracks, and, if necessary, and cultured with subsequent harrowing in order to achieve fine lumpy structure of the soil.To create optimal conditions for germination, before the sowing field ukatyvayut rink.
fertilization. harvest herb St. John's wort is increased by 25-30% with the introduction of organic and mineral fertilizers for the main plowing.It is recommended to make 30-40 t / ha of compost or humus-peat compost (with a lack of humus its norm reduces to 15-20 t / ha, but add fertilizer: 30 kg / ha of nitrogen, phosphate and potash).The same fertilizer making fertilizer in the early spring as the second year and in subsequent years on the transition plantations.
reproduction. Hypericum propagated by sowing seeds in the soil under the winter with aisles of 45 cm grain drills without embedding the seed (ie. E. Shallow) at a rate of sowing 3-4 kg / ha.In this case, the spring shoots appear two weeks earlier and develop better in comparison with the spring planting seedlings.If you sow in the spring, the seeds need to be stratified in advance by mixing them with the sand and soak in the cold about 2-3 months before sowing.
Care plantations .To create optimal conditions immediately after the emergence of Hypericum weeding in rows and aisles vspushivayut.This treatment was repeated during the summer 3-4 times during the first year of culture.On the second and subsequent years of transition plantations in the early spring is removed from the field last year's stems and harrowed across rows.
Harvesting. Mow reaper, cutting off not less than 30 cm from the soil surface.Usually after a month and a half after the first mowing regrown plants bloom again, and then mow again.The average yield of raw materials in the second year of life with good care is 15-25 t / ha, the third - up to 30-40 kg / ha.
drying. Raw St. John's wort is recommended to dry immediately after collection in well ventilated rooms, in attics, under a tin roof, in the dryer, under a canopy, covered in fire or dryer at a temperature of 50-60 ° C.In good weather it can be dried in the open air, but in the shade.
Packaging.Raw packed in bales of 40 kg.
Storage. Store raw materials in dry, well-ventilated area.Shredding leaves and flowers is not allowed.The best kept in wooden boxes, pasted paper.
Application .Most often, St. John's Wort is commonly used for diseases of the digestive tract.This is explained by the fact that its drugs reduce intestinal spasms and biliary tract, normalizes secretory function of gastric glands, dilate blood vessels, increase blood circulation, anti-inflammatory effect on the mucous membranes of the digestive tract, astringent and bacteriostatic effect.
Hypericum ordinary show and gives a good therapeutic effect in biliary dyskinesia, hepatitis, stagnation of bile in the gallbladder, cholecystitis, cholelithiasis (the initial stage), hypoacid gastritis, flatulence, acute and chronic colitis, simple and bloody diarrhea and hemorrhoids.As diuretic Hypericum used in nephrolithiasis (initial stage) and reducing renal filtration capacity.Tincture herb St. John's wort is effective for invasive disease (hymenolepiasis and enterobiosis).
St. John's wort preparations relieve spasms of blood vessels (especially capillaries), improve venous circulation and blood flow to certain internal organs, exhibit kapillyaroukreplyayuschee action.In some cases, St. John's Wort is prescribed for disorders of the peripheral circulation with stagnant, with microcirculatory disorders.St. John's wort preparations are used as an astringent, disinfectant and anti-inflammatory agent in diseases of the inside of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, duodenitis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, acute and chronic colitis).
feature of this plant is its ability to increase the sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet rays.Photosensitizing properties of plants associated with the presence in it of hypericin, so St. John's wort is also used in the treatment of vitiligo.
drugs St. John's wort effective and nervous system disorders, neyrodistonii, migraine, bedwetting in children.The local application of hypericum forcefully manifested its anti-inflammatory, astringent and bacteriostatic properties.So, oil sealer used successfully burns, gingivitis, piteriaze person (Pityriasis simplex faciei), ulcers of the lower leg and wound healing.In dentistry, infusion and tincture are used for rinsing the mouth and gums with lubricating bad breath, gingivitis and stomatitis.In gynecological practice, infusion of herbs used for irrigation in inflammatory diseases of the vagina, and the sealer oil (in the form of tampons) - for the treatment of cervical erosion.
In folk medicine, in addition to all the above cases, St. John's wort is used for arthritis, sciatica, gout, pulmonary tuberculosis with hemoptysis, mastitis, various inflammations, boils.Antibacterial drug herb St. John's wort novoimanin (Novoimaninum) is used to treat burns and various purulent diseases in otolaryngology.In Bulgaria, of St. John's wort used to produce the drug peflavit (Peflavit C), which is used for capillary toxicosis, acute glomerulonephritis, atherosclerosis.
1. 20 g of flowers (fresh), pour 200 ml of olive oil and infused for 40 days.On 1 -2 teaspoon 30 minutes before meals 2-3 times a day.
Take with ulcers and stomatitis, periodontitis, pharyngitis, as well as in diseases of the bile ducts and nephrolithiasis, as an analgesic and anthelmintic.
2. mammal oil.Half a cup of fresh flowers and leaves of St. John's wort (crushed) to insist on a glass of almond, sunflower, olive or linseed oil for three weeks.Squeeze, strain.Store in a cool place.
3. Used oil for burns sealer (radical means), even if hit 2/3 of the body surface;
4. In the affected area made oil packs with long non-healing wounds, ulcers, abscesses, ulcers, inflammation, loosening of the mucous membranes of the mouth;lubricated wounds received from a sting of a healthy dog or cat, a rash on the lips after a cold.
5. Take 20 g of plant per 100 ml of 70-degree alcohol.Infuse 2 weeks, drain, squeeze, filter and store in a dark bottle in a cool place.
Take 40- 50 drops 3-4 times a day.To rinse - 30-40 drops in 1/2 cup water.
6. Apply at diseases of the oropharynx, gastrointestinal tract, liver, kidneys, biliary dyskinesia, hepatitis, stagnation of bile in the gallbladder, cholecystitis, with initial symptoms of gallstones, gastritis.In some cases, prescribed for violations of peripheral blood circulation stagnation phenomena with microcirculatory disorders.Applied also biliary dyskinesia, hepatitis, cholecystitis, gastritis, flatulence, while reducing the filtration capacity of the kidneys, functional impairment of renal glomeruli.
In dentistry used as an astringent and anti-inflammatory agent, it is recommended to rinse the mouth with tincture to eliminate bad smell, as well as lubricate the gums for strengthening them.
7. 20 drops in a glass of water used for rinsing the mouth with gingivitis, stomatitis, Fahrenheit.
8. 1% solution in 70-degree alcohol with infected wounds, felon, abscesses, carbuncles, boils, trophic ulcers and burns, improves the regenerative properties of the tissues.
9. Infusion of St. John's wort - 3 tablespoons.l.chopped herbs pour 250 ml of boiled water, 2 hours and take 0.3 cup 3 times a day.St. John's wort tincture is prepared from herbs and krupnoizmelchennoy 70-degree alcohol from the ratio of 1:10.Apply Mouthwash 30-40 drops to 0.5 cups of water.
10. To prepare the broth 10 g (1.5 tablespoons) of grass placed in an enamel bowl, pour 200 ml (1 cup) of boiling water, close lid and heated in a water bath for 30 minutes.Then cooled, filtered, the remaining raw materials squeeze and add boiling water to produce 200 ml.Is the inside of the above diseases with 1/3 cup 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals.The broth can be stored in a cool place no more than 2 days.
11. Useful and tea from St. John's wort, the constant use of which helps to stimulate the endocrine glands, regulates the function of the gastrointestinal tract, increases the protective functions of the body.
12. tincture or extract 30% -I: inside of 40-50 drops 3 times a day after meals;externally - to lubricate damaged spots and rinses dilute 30 to 40 drops to a glass of water as a sterilant, disinfectant for acne, gingivitis, stomatitis, glositah.
13. Broth: 10 g per 200 ml (better thicken half), 1 tbsp.spoon 3 times a day after meals.The same decoction can be used for oily seborrhea, acne.
14. Infusion: 8 g per 200 ml;1/3 cup 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals or one hour after a meal in diseases of the intestine and liver.
15. Oil 1 part flowers insist in 2 parts peach, almond or olive oil for 3 weeks, allowed vegetable oil.
16. The oil: half a cup of leaves and flowers of Hypericum, pounded into powder, to insist in a glass of vegetable oil for about 3 weeks.
17. Ointment: 1 part tincture into 4 parts butter.
18. The mixture (use in liver diseases): herb St. John's Wort - 20 g inflorescences cumin sandy - 30 grams, buckthorn bark - 20 g 4 tbsp.spoon or the entire mixture brew in 1 liter of boiling water, to insist 10 minutes and strain;drink per day in 5 receptions.Buckthorn bark are added to the mixture for the treatment of patients with liver disease, suffering from constipation.
19. Classical Russian tea: herb St. John's wort -1ch, grass oregano - 1.5 hours, crushed hips 0,5 h 1 h .. mixture into the teapot..Insist 20 minutes and drink as tea.
20. St. John's wort tea with currants:. St. John's wort herb, black currant leaves - 1 tsp crushed and mixed herb St. John's wort and currant leaves brewed as a regular tea.
21. St. John's wort tea and primrose: St. John's wort grass and flowers of Primula (1: 1) to brew and drink tea as a regular.
22. Tea II Casting:
a) herb St. John's wort and black currant leaves - 1 hr, clover flower heads -2 h Brew like a normal tea..
b) herb St. John's wort, black currant leaves, grass strawberries 1: 1: 1.1 hr .. chopped mixture of herbs to 1 tbsp.boiling water.Brew as an ordinary tea, infuse for 15-20 minutes, drink the fall, winter and transitional months from winter to spring.
Healing properties: a tasty vitamin drink.It helps the body to overcome the "spring fatigue".
23. Balm Tea: 2 tablespoons dry grass .. St. John's wort boil in 1 tbsp.ordinary tea.
Healing properties: diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, lungs, the prevention of colds.
24. Requires 1/2 Art.l.flowers cornflower, 1/2 Art.l.herb St. John's wort, 1 ch. l.motherwort herb, 3 glasses of beer.
Method.The dried flowers of cornflower and St. John's wort boil hot beer, insist 10 minutes, then put the pan over high heat.When the water comes to a boil, boil for 20 minutes on low heat, cool and strain.
application method.Take 1/3 cup 1 time a day 30 minutes after ingestion in ischemic heart disease.
course of treatment - 10 days, then 10 days off, then resume treatment.So repeat 2 more times.
25. Required: 1 tbsp.l.herb St. John's wort, 1 tbsp.l.chamomile flowers, 1 tbsp.l.herb horsetail, 500 ml of beer.
Method.Collection pour hot beer, insist 20 minutes, drain.
application method.All of the resulting amount of infusion drink for 1 day gradually, it is best to slowly, holding the liquid for a few seconds in the mouth with coronary heart disease.
best time to receive a broth - before eating in the morning on an empty stomach.The course of treatment - 7 - 10 days.
26. Requires: 30 grams of herb St. John's wort, 30 g of peppermint leaves, 20 g of leaves of wormwood, 20 g of crushed root of valerian, 20 g of hop cones than usual, beer 200 ml.
Method.10 g collection pour 200 ml of beer, heat, strain in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes, cooled for 45 min.
method of application. Take 1/2 cup 2-3 times a day with coronary heart disease.
27. Requires 2-3 tsp..chopped herb St. John's wort, 1 ch. l.chopped dandelion root, 200ml beer.
Method. St. John's wort, and dandelion root pour hot beer, cover and put infuse for 30 minutes.After this infusion of strain.
application method.Take infusion 1/4 cup 3 times a day after meals with constant pain in the heart.
28. Required: 1 tbsp.l.St. John's wort, 1 tbsp.l.ground bark of buckthorn, 1 ch. l.nettle, 200 ml of beer.
Method.Herbs and bark pour hot beer, cover and put infuse for 10 minutes.Then strain the broth.
application method.Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day after myocardial infarction.
29. The mask of St. John's wort, cream and oatmeal
Required: 1 glass of beer, 2 tbsp.l.herb St. John's wort, 3 tbsp.l.oat flakes, 1 tbsp.l.cream.
method of preparation and application.l.l.l.l.l.